🌀 Velyna's Cold Reap Elementalist 🌀 Leaguestart | Ez 3 Button Gameplay | Freeze Everything

"
DarkInusia wrote:
Hi ! I was interested in trying out Reap in this league of nerfs, and the Cold-Occultist got me interested. I was curious about which is the best so far, or should be, between your Elementalist and Occultist.

Also I was wondering how do you get your charges ? I see them checked in PoB but don't know where they come from... Also what are the different curses we will use to justify the need of additional curses ?

Thanks in advance, and stay safe Exile !

Occultist does more damage but is probably harder to get up and running at leaguestart. I guess its the endgame of the build currently.

We get power charges from assassins mark and endurance from cluster jewel.
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
Thanks for the answer ! I wanted to ask more about it, for example which gem to use for Reap's links in particular... the PoB linked in your post have a slight issue, here's what it looks like :

It shows different links on the right and in the Skill tab, so i'm confused as to what to use... but I don't see Unleash in either, so you aren't using it ? I also see Herald of Purity, is it worth using even without the Circle of Guilt ?
The extra links there come from the crafted helmet, and unleash is an option but not required. Spell echo can replace it, or just some pure damage.

You can take off the ring in PoB and check the comparison, we dont really scale cold hard we mostly scale the phys through gem levels and such then convert it.
Last edited by Velyna on Jul 27, 2021, 1:15:29 PM
Trying the build out. its fun so far. about to swap to occultist for more damage. just one question: Do you even get inspiration charges since Reap spends life instead of mana? tried it out and i dont get any :o
moreover my single-target damage seems kinda low. any tips how i can improve it without investing a lot of chaos?

thanks for the build
Last edited by HolyHoffi on Jul 28, 2021, 10:08:06 AM
"
HolyHoffi wrote:
Trying the build out. its fun so far. about to swap to occultist for more damage. just one question: Do you even get inspiration charges since Reap spends life instead of mana? tried it out and i dont get any :o
moreover my single-target damage seems kinda low. any tips how i can improve it without investing a lot of chaos?

thanks for the build

Yep nice catch, I'm updating too many builds while half asleep lol.

That slot should be spell echo or unleash depending on preference, or some other damage gem.

Just changing that should boost your damage a lot, next things will be a 6L and awakened spell cascade. Also a wand with more spell damage/cast speed/multi.

With the awakened you kinda shotgun mobs caught in the middle it feels really good.

Fixed the PoBs.
Last edited by Velyna on Jul 28, 2021, 10:30:04 AM
Hey, started this league with this build, when would you recommend to swap to reap?
"
Alrosare wrote:
Hey, started this league with this build, when would you recommend to swap to reap?

Having switched to Reap as soon as I got the gem, I'd definitely recommend waiting to switch at least until Act 5. You're not really equipped to handle the HP cost of Reap until you get a life leech support and stone golem.

@topic

Wouldn't Glancing Blows be a big buff to survivability? Build already reaches close to 35/27 block, Glancing Blows would greatly amplify that and also proc life on block more.

Also, do we have any kind of stun immunity? Worked my way through the POB, but couldn't see anything regarding that.
Last edited by leafyr0kr on Jul 29, 2021, 3:05:17 AM
"
leafyr0kr wrote:
Wouldn't Glancing Blows be a big buff to survivability? Build already reaches close to 35/27 block, Glancing Blows would greatly amplify that and also proc life on block more.

Also, do we have any kind of stun immunity? Worked my way through the POB, but couldn't see anything regarding that.

Glancing is an option, I didnt try it but should work fine. We don't have stun immune but its only 4 points to Unwavering, you could drop the Influence 3node and 2 extra life points to get unwavering/glancing.
thx for the quick and very helpful reply.

another question:
how do you generate power charges in the occultist PoB?

edit:
maybe swapping profane bloom into forbidden power?

thanks in advance
Last edited by HolyHoffi on Jul 29, 2021, 10:41:34 AM
"
HolyHoffi wrote:
thx for the quick and very helpful reply.

another question:
how do you generate power charges in the occultist PoB?

edit:
maybe swapping profane bloom into forbidden power?

thanks in advance

Assassins mark gives you power charges, Cursed enemies have a 100% chance to grant a Power Charge when slain
Yuzo
Last edited by caroleann on Jul 29, 2021, 2:40:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info