Fyregrass' Comprehensive Freezing Pulse Totems Guide - Act 1 to Maven 9 (Updated for 3.15)

Good day, could someone look at my POB (profile is public) and tell me what to improve in my "budget" version (currently transitioning).

It seems like I'm not doing as much damage as I should do compared to the pob budget.
TY !
So I'm kinda stuck, hoping someone can help me. My PoB is below. No idea why I only have like, 1/2 the DPS the mid-range arn's anguish PoB does. I tried replacing some items (adding Pandemonius) and such, including skill gems to awakened versions, but still only like, 60% of the DPS. I'm hitting mid-tier red maps and my damage and survivability is just suffering.

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/p1ppjWCX

Thanks for any help. Honestly thinking of re-rolling at this point.
"
teig_ wrote:
So I'm kinda stuck, hoping someone can help me. My PoB is below. No idea why I only have like, 1/2 the DPS the mid-range arn's anguish PoB does. I tried replacing some items (adding Pandemonius) and such, including skill gems to awakened versions, but still only like, 60% of the DPS. I'm hitting mid-tier red maps and my damage and survivability is just suffering.

Well for starters what you need to do is change the militant jewel that you have as this one does not provide any totem damage. You can also improve upon the other jewels you have as they dont have the best roles.

you can try to follow my pob, but make sure to check the details of the jewels and other mods. I am constantly changing stuff too so this is no where the best that it can be. Also its very easy to die if not carefull, but you should be able to run trough maps once you get the hang of it. Sirus a8 is easy as long as you dodge the laser and not dash into a storm thats at the entrance :D

my PoB:
https://pastebin.com/mPS56qLj

Im sitting at around 18mil sirus dps, with flasks active its 24m
Last edited by zanban on Aug 18, 2021, 10:56:16 AM
"
Well for starters what you need to do is change the militant jewel that you have as this one does not provide any totem damage. You can also improve upon the other jewels you have as they dont have the best roles.

you can try to follow my pob, but make sure to check the details of the jewels and other mods. I am constantly changing stuff too so this is no where the best that it can be. Also its very easy to die if not carefull, but you should be able to run trough maps once you get the hang of it. Sirus a8 is easy as long as you dodge the laser and not dash into a storm thats at the entrance :D

my PoB:

Man, let me play around a bit and see if that really makes so much of a difference. From my experience, when I think I change something like that, my DPS just barely changes. I'll play around in PoB though. Cheers!
In regards to switching from Budget to Arn's Anguish totems, would I be better off getting the cluster jewel section of the tree or the timeless faith/Inner conviction portion first? Only level 83 and don't have the skills to get both. Or is there another portion of the tree I should give up to get both right now?

Thanks! Loving the build and guide for the league.
How exactly do you progress this as SSF? Both Viridi’s Veil and Arn’s Anguish are Maven drops, and I’m unsure whether I can kill her with more budget gear. Currently sitting on a 5L so an “easy” upgrade would be to upgrade to 6L but besides that I’m not sure where I can fit in more upgrades before Maven.

I’ll have to check my POB when I’m home but do you think it’s viable to take the 2 -20% curse effect nodes, and swap out kikazaru for essence worm?

Edit: judging from Poe.ninja this actually looks quite popular amongst SSF players, will definitely POB it when I’m home.

Update: got a 6l soul mantle.
Realised that dropping kikazaru would be a pain, even with anointing the 20% node, you still need a reliable source of consecrated ground for the other 20%, if your build has this then maybe it’s not too bad.

Damage is ok but I just feel way too squishy. I think my DPS is around the same as my SST character but only running ~3/1.5k hp/mana vs 6.5k+max block. Will probably need to revisit with some more gear upgrades.
Last edited by dslg604t on Aug 27, 2021, 12:58:24 AM
"
zanban wrote:
"
teig_ wrote:

my PoB:

Is this build expensive.

I started this build and best leveing experience I ever had honestly. Totem+ flame wall is so nice
Last edited by wotad on Aug 29, 2021, 11:19:15 AM
Any suggestions for what to upgrade next? My thought was to upgrade my weapon and get a shield for more surviveability, but it seems time consuming trying to figure out which wands are dps upgrades over my staff, having to create the items in PoB one by one. And then I'd have to add each potential shield off the trade site, too, to figure out what wand/shield pair to get.
I have two exalted orbs right now, so maybe Pandemonius next? I have a large and a medium cluster jewel to use, but I wanted to swap out of the staff before I reallocate the staff passives to match the mid-tier tankier PoB.
Thoughts?
What item/skill change my frezing pulse gem to start be a frezing pulse totem?I dont see it.
Last edited by skapson on Aug 30, 2021, 3:00:00 PM
"
skapson wrote:
What item/skill change my frezing pulse gem to start be a frezing pulse totem?I dont see it.

Soul mantle?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info