Concerned about the cut-throat league.

"
Sareth wrote:
Cut-Throat league sounds to me like the mechanic that made Demon Souls so good.

And I totally approve. Will probably be playing that league.

Most of my concern however has to deal with game balance. Especially PVP balance... because one notoriously overpowered PVP build can just simply dominate the metagame... and then it'll totally ruin the fun of the game as everyone would be playing it.

(from my experience top tier pvping in Guild Wars)

I disagree. From my personal experience, whenever a good player rises up from the ranks of mediocrity, a legion of angry teenagers will drag him back down. It'd have to be a really *really* OP build to be able to stand up against a crowd of 15+ people.
Last edited by Blacknsilver on Sep 13, 2011, 12:10:02 PM
I really like the idea of the cut-throat league it sounds really fun but I'd also just like to see a league where you can kill anyone at anytime but not drop all your items only some on a random chance, idk enough about the game yet to know if that is the way the default league is going to be roughly though.
I like the idea of Cut-throat to and i hope that it will be customable for p2p. Would love to se a league were you loose all youre stuff exept gems so that basicly youre lvld spells still remain even if you die. Couse i kinda consider them as part of youre char. And gear seems sorta important but still not that gamebreaking good. However i do se how pure cut-throut would be awsome to :).

Going crazy waiting for Beta key waargrgrglllrlrl
I dreamed with this since i start play games. Well back in the days when i dont had to pay taxes, or buy food.

But now its inviable to me.
Cut throat is cut throat, don't try to dumb it down or make it into a kind soft gameplay. If you die your character should be looted. If you don't like this idea, don't play cuthroat.
Best league idea ever. cant wait to get in on the action.

I'm sure i'll mdie and lose my gear quite a few times but thats just part of the fun.

I look forward to seeing some of the best clans/guilds grow in this league as they will most likely be very tight knit but also have that nagging feeling in the back of everyones mind..... ami about to be double crossed?
Beyond this door lies the path to the ordeal that awaits you!
Super awesome.

PVP is the key to keeping a game interesting and with death being both likely and painful, I think this will keep people coming back for more.

Sure you will have the nubs who show up to see what it's about and die on sight.
Then you will have your pro's who played a good amount of the game and use their knowledge to gain an advantage.

Either way it doesn't sound like anyone will be living all that long.

I haven't read everything yet, but from what a buddy was telling me you can't have multiple characters in different leagues but that some leagues can be swapped...

...like from default to cut throat.

Cut throat might become a place for higher lvl players to come and settle beef.

Obviously since cut throat hasn't been released (and I haven't got in the game yet) this is all speculation...

...but I think it's on the right track.

Also very curious how team PVP will be tackled.
The best part about PvP is not the killing, the tactics or the builds - it is all about politics, loot and bragging. Remove either one and all u have is a bunch of noobs brainlessly harassing one another.
"
Sayeth wrote:
Now, I understand that the game is instanced and that there are people who would not do it, but even the occasional high leveled, well geared asshat would ruin new players. Imagine such a fellow slaying low leveled guys just for fun and ruining any chance they have of progressing. One loses, after all, equipment that is imbued with skills and all that.

I know a game which had this problem. Their PvP server died because there were immature players on the server and some people actually helped out newbies because it was so hard to level up when they didn't even have gear or friends and the population dwindled.

Personally I'm interested in seeing what variants of the PvP focused leagues will come though.
The only thing now a days it all about Loot! I want to be Leet so i don;t think this idea will appeal to more then a sliver of people. I to loved full loot pvp in UO, it will all dpend on how they can see to make money will they go the caual palyer or the hardcare, that will tell you how this league will live or die.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info