Concerned about the cut-throat league.

Not sure why people are so afraid of it, it just means you gotta make sure you are well prepared and go out with a strong party. Unless of course your party thinks your items are *too good* ;)..
In EVE it works for the same reasons it did in UO. Items are bought to be destroyed and are not really unique.

Also, FFA without the proper game design like EVE an UO has/had, ALWAYS has two things.

1) Lots of load brave talk.
2) Almost Immediate failure.
Don't mind me, just posting in hopes of a key.
Last edited by qazyman on Sep 1, 2011, 5:25:32 AM
Cut-throat on hardcore will defly be amazing. I only played hardcore on diablo2 and as i will with this game : )
I absolutly love the idea of being able to but a bounty on someones head, after all its a cut throat world, why shouldnt the little guy be able to pay someone to get revenge.

Would make for a very interesting realm :)
The first rule of fight club is.... wear a cup!
"
cybrim wrote:
PK vs PKK! I think there should be 3 different natures to this:

1: Innocents (You have killed only the creatures that bugged you).

2: PK (You have killed an innocent or more innocents then other PKCs).

3: PKK (You have more PKs laid at your feet [at least 5x the number of innocents you've killed]).

Towns and one area out of town should be only for players within a nature and these would be "non-hostile" group controlled zones so PKs have their "Shore Encampment" as do PKKs and Innocents. When you leave the safety of the town defended areas you may be attacked by ANYONE, however this should encourage people to level up "safely" within said zones. PKs will of course have it worse than ANY other character, as they would NEED to Kill other PKs in order to leave that life behind, PKKs can kill their own too but are probably more trustworthy as they wish for an orderly life and innocents is irredeemable when lost. There should be rewards for highest level innocent.

Would be cool if you can implement a system like this on payed for realm, would encourage people to spend a little money to get a unique league.

"
Powster wrote:
I think the real problem league will be.. hardcore cut-throat.. once a guild gets strong.. they can just start killing anyone who gets near them. No one will ever catch up since once you die your char is out of the league.. and everytime they kill someone they get the guys full loot lol.. I am hardcore pvper.. but I dont think I will be playing hardcore cut-throat.. cut-throat though is highly possible..

I couldn't help but think of Jenkins from make love not warcraft when I read this :D
The first rule of fight club is.... wear a cup!
Last edited by gfellows on Sep 6, 2011, 12:36:29 AM
I like the idea. I'm a little worried about losing all of my gear, but there are worse things than the loss of pixels on a computer screen.

I played Diablo 2 for some number of years. At the end of which, I was a pretty die-hard hardcore player. I have to say, the most fun I have ever had playing a video game was when I dueled in hardcore pvp. The result of failure being the total loss of your character and all items currently equipped, etc.

It was extremely thrilling but in the end I learned a valuable, humbling lesson. I am not invincible.

I look forward to this league simply because it will be fun. Will it be the same as d2 hardcore? No. You keep your character. You keep your level. Gear is replaceable, maybe not immediately. But it is.
"A king wears a crown, while the rest of us wear hats. But which would you rather have when it's raining?"
Last edited by Foibles on Sep 6, 2011, 5:18:43 AM
I'm looking forward to cut-throat leagues the most. Adds an extra fear/excitement/risk factor. Hopefully you can combine it with hardcore, cause that would be a great rush.
Fun times ahead.
"
Xodd wrote:
Not sure why people are so afraid of it, it just means you gotta make sure you are well prepared and go out with a strong party. Unless of course your party thinks your items are *too good* ;)..

Okay, 5 level 20's party together. I'm a level 100 character. I decide to kill them: They lose everything and despite totaling 100 levels between them, there is nothing they are capable of doing to stop me, much less escape.

It's equivalent to every item in your inventory breaking simply because the RNG says so. There's no point.

More-over, as time progresses, Cut-throat leagues become less and less populated, because new players are fully at the mercy of players who play 8-12 hours a day in their mother's basement, or have been playing since launch. There's no reward to counter the massive risk new players have to acquiesce to to play in Cut-throat leagues. It's a systemic problem with unregulated open-world PvP that people that can afford to play a lot of counts as a "feature" and everyone else counts as a "bug".
the only problem I have with cut-throat league is everyone that participated in the beta are gonna butt rape me since they know how to play and I dont. hows that fair at all?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info