Concerned about the cut-throat league.

I agree with the post above me. I started pc gaming with a diablo 1 addiction. Nothing better than PKing somebody, resurrecting them in a group of monsters, then gaining the loot. In this game items are sooo important that I think a random item drop is way better. It would be worth the trouble of risking the hunt, but not detrimental when you get taken out.

On the flip side, raise some money and buy a league, then you can set your own rules and bet if we ask enough times GGG will make that an option. I would pay a little to play in that league over a die and lose all league. But hey! I'm excited for the rush!!! May the best, or most cunning, player win.
Er, please don't generalize. There's this niche of players who enjoy challenges. Wearing your best equipment is called a trade-off. You could lose it but if you are skilled in PvP you can gank some noob and get some back by trading or such.

Also as some have said, specially in hardcore cutthroat you are expected to play in a group or guild if you want to go anywhere not first level of normal difficulty. You cannot really expect to play as a lone wolf and survive, unless you have some really good PvP skills (to kill one by one) and the PoE engine accounts for this type of situations.

Another solution could be an escape mechanism of some sort. Not mentioning the name of the game but some time ago I really enjoyed escaping from pk groups when they came for me. Basically you had to move from the pvp zone to the non-pvp. Speed gear or buffs, traps, walls, etc could make this possible (with obvious trade-offs vs. more armor or attack). But that's just an idea in my perfect world don't really expect for PoE to be like that any time soon if anything.
With UO, you had no choice but to follow the "hardcore". If you are afraid of losing that phat loot you spent hours finding, then don't play cutthroat. This is just for the masochistic who don't mind losing hours of work in a hardfought fight.
On a sidenote I am so happy to see so much of a UO presence in the community here. It really, really, gives me high hopes for this game that it has drawn the attention of old UOers. I know the years i spent in UO were waaay more rewarding than any other game.

That said: Cutthroat ftw ^_^
Just a note: even if you do drop all your equipment on death, there's still the stash.

I agree, though, would probably want to up the drop rate on skill gems for this sort of league.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
Well I just logged on to check out this game and gotta say that I love the league options! Fo this old time pvper Cutthroat sounds like a blast.

I honestly hope they don't up the drop rates or anything. That defeats the idea of loss and the consequences associated.
"
Juicyfruits wrote:
I started playing MMO with UO, when I was a teenager. I played pre-trammel.

Same here, GreatLakes shard, 1997 beta until 2009. Spent a nice mid size car on this game, but it was well worth it!

^^

Just wanted to say "Hi" to a fellow soul!
The thrill of knowing it could all end right then and there is what makes it real fun!!
How about randomly losing a piece or two of equipment uppon death imstead of all of it? And looted items dropping with more frequency than non looted items. Make you think about leaving town with stolen gear :P
"If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info