Between Season Race 15: 8 Minute Sprint

Eh, all us mac players are cursed to long load times, and there's nothing to be done about it until after Beta is done, at the very least. Or at least that's what I understand from what limited researched I've done on the topic.

If there was a clean way to compensate for load time differences, that would be excellent and very encouraging. Without them, I play races for similar reasons to why I might play the Powerball lotto: strictly entertainment, as there is no realistic possibility of winning/competing.
"
D4wdl wrote:
Now I just hope it will be made on the evening or the weekend (preferably) so most of the people can try it :)

This race is so short u can play it on the toilet at work (on a laptop).
Hahaha, wow. This will be fun.
"
Ekalindorskii wrote:
GGG can you implement loading time compensation for players with old PC's? Like when event duration 3 hours then event duration for players with long loading time = event duration (3 hour) + time spent on loading from zone to zone.

Have you seen Kripps youtube movie about rendering your quality? I had the same problem, and I changed my texture quality settings in POE and my load times as twice as fast now as they were before.
Last edited by Fishkerdydoo on Apr 7, 2013, 1:41:40 AM
"
Fishkerdydoo wrote:
"
Ekalindorskii wrote:
GGG can you implement loading time compensation for players with old PC's? Like when event duration 3 hours then event duration for players with long loading time = event duration (3 hour) + time spent on loading from zone to zone.

Have you seen Kripps youtube movie about rendering your quality? I had the same problem, and I changed my texture quality settings in POE and my load times as twice as fast now as they were before.

Exactly my thoughts. Check this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA9sPqwIX1A
I hope there will be plenty of these cause i don't have much time for races and it would be perfect for me ! lots of fun : sprinting between mobs time tickinggggg woot woot
wow 8 mins.
"
777isHARDCORE wrote:
Eh, all us mac players are cursed to long load times, and there's nothing to be done about it until after Beta is done, at the very least. Or at least that's what I understand from what limited researched I've done on the topic.

If there was a clean way to compensate for load time differences, that would be excellent and very encouraging. Without them, I play races for similar reasons to why I might play the Powerball lotto: strictly entertainment, as there is no realistic possibility of winning/competing.

I don't know how slow is a Mac, but if you can't play on a faster one/PC, lower your settings.
Take care out there.
"
Fishkerdydoo wrote:
"
Ekalindorskii wrote:

I played on the lowest settings from the start of playing POE.

Problem not only in my PC. Sometimes I have fast loadings ~5 sec, but sometimes it gets almost to 1-2 min. And its from server side. I know that GGG working on this issue, but they can't go far because they dont have tech personal that can fix it. I hope they will find personal for optimizing game. My suggestion is temporary measure.
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
Last edited by Ekalindorskii on Apr 7, 2013, 3:30:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info