0.10.5 Patch Notes

"
Holy crap!

Melee getting some serious love.

How does viper strike work with splash and multi? I hope it's super over powered.

So you'd rather have an overpowered skill that you can use than have a balanced game overall? Nice thinking bro! :O
ACC Name: DiogoRRS
FANCY INVASION SHOP THREAD:www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/860329
AMBUSH SHOP THREAD:www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/877131
Standard Shop Thread:www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/374855
Playing Path Of Exile since: 9 December 2012
"
Holy crap!

Melee getting some serious love.

How does viper strike work with splash and multi? I hope it's super over powered.

I guess he missed the part in the BALANCE: section.

That states:

"Viper Strike: Intentionally does not work with Melee Splash at the moment."
"
DiogoRRS wrote:

So you'd rather have an overpowered skill that you can use than have a balanced game overall? Nice thinking bro! :O

It's melee, it can only be so overpowered.
"
TehHammer wrote:
"
Passionlz wrote:
Multistrike being drop only is both good and bad:

Good: possibly not nerfed to the ground, since its drop only.

Bad: getting your hands on one will be a challenge since it's drop only. It's trade value will be absurdly high for a while...
Multistrike is the melee version of chain, and as chain is drop only, it's only fair that Multistrike would be. It should be strong, as chain is still strong, but I can't say how strong it is because 1) I'd be breaking my alpha nda, and 2) I haven't played it since they balanced it a bit, so I'm out of touch with how good it is currently.

chain is not strong at all. people just starting to realize chain is only good on 2 skills: LA and power siphon. that's why their price is taking a dip.

but i'd agree with u that multistrike should be drop only since it does do some pretty nasty stuffs combing with some melee skills.
IGN: Kills_La_Killz (Standard)
IGN: UnlimitedBladeWork (Warband)
Last edited by 07Ghost on Apr 5, 2013, 12:36:02 AM
Hey Chris,

First off, thanks for the great patch.

The main question I have is the bandits change. The effects of this in races means that races will contain more RNG (think of how random the alira boss place is in Western) and create unnecessary time sinks.

In order to prevent this, I would like to purpose a few other options

1. Reduce drop rates of those specific monsters.

This seems like the easiest solution to the problem. Lower drop rates = less value in farming.

2. Create a time delay on bandit kills.

Instead of being able to farm bandits over and over, you should instead introduce an exponentially increasing timer for every time you kill the same bandit. So first kill = must wait 1 minute, 2nd kill = wait 5, ect. I think this solution would be easy to add into the accept part of the quest. Instead of "player is out of area", just have "Player has killed bandit too recently (X minutes remanining)" or something to that effect.

3. Normalize all bandit locations and continue on with proposed WP move.

This is clearly the most drastic option, but it is an option. The only one that really needs to be changed is Alira's.

4. Reduced loot on multiple kills in a certain time.

Similar to option 1, but more drastic. Pretty self-explanatory.

I would very much appreciate any of these proposed changes over relying on RNG to find Alira when I need to kill her. I understand it might not be possible to change, but I'm interesting in your response.

Thanks!
Legacy items are a way of not screwing over the players that already have them. I like them. One of the best things to do with them is collect as many of one legacy item as you can, and delete all but one or two of them.
Bullshit, you get the game for free.

-Qarl
We need a way to redo bandit quests :((

I want the +1 power charges now!

Something like Uber Bandits from a map would give you a bandit respec :D
IGN: FpSho
"
DaveSW wrote:
Legacy items are a way of not screwing over the players that already have them. I like them. One of the best things to do with them is collect as many of one legacy item as you can, and delete all but one or two of them.

Creating a bigger hoard mentality is not what the economy needs. I don't think it's a good idea.
THX to Chris and to all of GGG staff. :-)

Keep on doing this awesome work!

You want me to do some microtransactions?
I have already done it this week :-)
IGN: ClaudiusMcCloud
Can't wait :D
Last edited by Zarkyy on Apr 5, 2013, 1:15:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info