[3.14] Return of Pizza Sticks -- Totem Flameblast Hiero/Chief

Introduction

I am returning to POE after a multi-year break. I saw olympiakospk1's Hierophant Pizza Sticks build and it brought back fond memories. I decided to take my own crack at it.

Generally, the idea is to spam flameblast totems. For this to work, you need cast speed -- lots of it. You also need totems -- lots of them.

All told, I have 7 totems active after 4 casts. This helps defense, because Tukohama's Fortress gives you 300 Armour per Totem.

It also helps offense. The downside of spamming totems with Soulmantle is the truly impressive number of curses you accumulate. With a Self-Flagelation Jewel; however, you get 20% increased damage per curse.

Combining Viridi's Veil with a magic ring in the right slot, you make yourself hexproof.

Note: I am not a min-maxer and I don't have magnificent equipment. Despite that, this build is doing Red Maps fairly easily.

VIDEO
Red Academy Map https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18jJyYvZv1E

Pro's & Con's

Pros

-- Lots of explosions
-- Totem playstyle is fairly safe
-- Spamming totems will give you both armour and damage.
-- Cheap. I don't think I've spent more than an ex on any indiviual piece of equipment.

Cons

-- Totem Playstyle is not for everyone
-- Not Min-maxed
-- Has yet to be tested against high endgame content.
-- The author makes no claims to be a guru. I'm sure good players can find many improvements.

Gear

Skill gems

6-link Soul Mantle

FB - Multiple Totems -- Controlled Destruction -- Elemental Focus -- Faster Casting -- Increased AOE/Concentrated Effect.

Orb of Storms -- Increased AOE -- Hextouch -- Enfeeble (or flammable)

CODT -- Immortal Call -- Tempest Shield (Or Void Sphere) -- Extended Duration

Trigger Wand -- Frost Shield -- increased Durration -- Second Wind

Flamedash -- Second Wind

Stone Golem -- Fortify

Petrified Blood

Vitality

Passive Tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABQABcwDBBAcEswY5BqAI9AxfDc0QzBEtFm8YVhhdGnIcpxzOHNwdFB8CHxgi9CTYKPoqEytQLJwv1jLRNZI2xTrhPC08Sz0PQYdFR0WdRv5Ms03jUWBR-1NSU6VVxlgXWitkhGaeaHRo8mpDartsC20Zbqp7IHvXfIOCx4Nfg8yD24RThW2PGo9GkyeUoJrgmyGiAKI-o_KkoKZXpwioNa3xr6e18rc-uJO86sBmwxPE9saKxq7NFtAf1YHWXdgk2E3Yvdpi3tzgVeNq6-7v6-_98B_yRfMG-JP5vfno-tL7qv4K_lT-h_6PCgAAAAEAAwAFAAkACgALACAAIQAj?accountName=AedwyneofFolkstone&characterName=Mist_Pizza_Sticks

Not yet POB fluent. I will try to add PoB link later.

Defensive layers

Extra Totems = Extra Armour
Lots of Regen
Decent Block, both spell and attack damage
Petrified Blood
Viridi's Veil makes damage vs. you unlucky, makes you hexproof and defangs crits. Other than that it doesn't do much.
Frost Shield is up most of the time -- if not, Immortal Call is the back up.

Ascendant Heiro/Chief

Bandits Kill All
Last edited by AedwyneofFolkstone on Jul 3, 2021, 7:05:08 PM
Last bumped on Jul 20, 2021, 10:02:54 PM
So how is it?
"
dmoniak wrote:
So how is it?

Currently level 89 doing red maps without too much of an issue. Need to farm some currency to deal for gear improvements to take down endgame bosses.

What would you upgrade?
Do you have some video's of maps to see how it's running?
I've tried pizza sticks a few seasons ago but I wasn't satisfied by the amount of attack speed I could muster up myself.

I'm not a build planner so I was probably missing a lot of things :-p
Might try this build next season.
"
dmoniak wrote:
What would you upgrade?

Awakened versions of Controlled Destruction and Elemental Focus are my next targets.
"
Levisaxos wrote:
Do you have some video's of maps to see how it's running?
I've tried pizza sticks a few seasons ago but I wasn't satisfied by the amount of attack speed I could muster up myself.

I'm not a build planner so I was probably missing a lot of things :-p
Might try this build next season.

On vacation currently, but will try to get some vids up when I get home.

Cast speed is key. A profane wand, with its extra 14% cast speed is wonderful. My current profane wand has a total of 34% cast speed.

Totem placement speed is less important, but can’t be ignored. You can get this from the tree.
any news or gameplay?
I played a scions fire totems build in Ritual. Same idea with MoM, GB, Agnostic, Hierophant and Chieftain ascendancy, etc. A typical build with shield, trying a lot of fire spells, with and without Kikazarus / Viridi's.

All perfect, but my problem was the totems life. They didn't regenerate life fast enough and I couldnt manage that. So is a functional idea but in my opinion totem life/regen is something to valorate
POB:https://pastebin.com/fdjkp7LJ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info