[3.20] Hollow Palm Railgun Juggernaut (various slam skills) | V High DPS | League Start | FEARED

Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions. As for leech nodes, the Lust for Carnage small leech wheel near marauder start shouldn't technically be important because it only has increased leech, not increased max leech. So if our damage is high enough, this wheel won't affect the amount of life leeched per second. Please correct if this is wrong.

Dancing dervish seems interesting. I will probably try it out. Seems like free mapping power and if it works on hit against bosses it will be awesome, free bonus. Any recommendations for support gems on it?

Edit. Dervish seems to work on hit but it's a bit wonky. For bosses without trash it takes a while for it to activate, during which you could have killed the boss normally already. For bosses that have some mobs in the area, you can easily activate the rampage by simply hitting the mobs once or twice, and the rampage effect will keep refreshing itself on hit on the boss. Also, not all support gems seem to be working as expected. Will continue testing.
Last edited by YTY6 on Sep 19, 2022, 4:51:16 PM
"
YTY6 wrote:
Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions. As for leech nodes, the Lust for Carnage small leech wheel near marauder start shouldn't technically be important because it only has increased leech, not increased max leech. So if our damage is high enough, this wheel won't affect the amount of life leeched per second. Please correct if this is wrong.

It's perfectly fine to sacrifice non-max leech nodes. You are correct on that note.

"
YTY6 wrote:

Dancing dervish seems interesting. I will probably try it out. Seems like free mapping power and if it works on hit against bosses it will be awesome, free bonus. Any recommendations for support gems on it?

I'd probably use a mapping setup with ice crash for the Dervish, as like you said, it's wonky for bossing. So Ice Crash + Awakened Increased AoE + Pulverise + Awakened Ele Hit with attacks lvl 5 (for reflect immunity) + Fortify + Melee Phys Damage

Basically remove Multistrike, simply because you won't be standing still most of the time and a single strike deals a killing blow with the high damage output we have with this build. The awakened ele hit can be traded for a normal ele hit on the chest, as we often don't need reflect immunity for bosses.

You can also try a cwdt + molten shell setup with golem summon and wave of conviction in the Dervish + increased duration.

It might even be possible to squeeze in Flesh and Stone or Herald of Ice with a 5-link enlighten setup and helmet hatred reservation enchant. Havn't tested how viable that is though.

"
YTY6 wrote:

Edit. Dervish seems to work on hit but it's a bit wonky. For bosses without trash it takes a while for it to activate, during which you could have killed the boss normally already. For bosses that have some mobs in the area, you can easily activate the rampage by simply hitting the mobs once or twice, and the rampage effect will keep refreshing itself on hit on the boss. Also, not all support gems seem to be working as expected. Will continue testing.

That was my fear with it, though never tested it myself. Will probably do that next league.
Arian Synthesis of G3
After a bit more testing with the dancing dervish, it is definitely pretty useful for mapping.

First of all, the two minions summoned by the skill always seem to use a cyclone-like spin, no matter what gems you slot into the weapon. Their base damage is rather low, possibly because of the focus on cold damage this build uses and no real damage stats on gear. It might be possible to make them deal decent damage but I decided to make them give me utility instead.
- Bonechill, the minions' hits chill enemies increasing the damage from my first ice crash hit.
- Blind, most enemies nearby get blinded quite fast which helps with survivability
- Culling strike, working as expected.
- Maim, it shows on the tooltip that this should work but honestly I'm not sure if it's working properly. It's pretty hard to test.
- Minion speed and increased AOE to make the minions hit more enemies faster. Working.

You can also make the minions shock the enemies for around 10% with overcharge support, but this requires you to have some sort of additional lightning damage (I tested it with added lightning damage support, without it no shock was applied) which I don't have on gear. Might be worth if you have a flat added lightning on rings.

I also tried using hypothermia and ice bite to freeze and generate frenzy charges, but no enemies were getting frozen and no frenzy charges were appearing no matter how many and what enemies the dervishes hit/killed. So I don't think it works. I tried adding an added cold damage support but this didn't change anything.

Also tested some other supports but they either did not work as expected or were not really useful despite working.

Either way, the chill, blind and culling strike effects are useful and the rampage buff to movement speed helps with map clearspeed. I also saw some people using increased item rarity support which in theory should work as well. I have the weapon in my offhand slot and can swap it out for bosses that don't have any adds in the room.
Last edited by YTY6 on Sep 20, 2022, 10:21:38 AM
"
YTY6 wrote:
After a bit more testing with the dancing dervish, it is definitely pretty useful for mapping.

First of all, the two minions summoned by the skill always seem to use a cyclone-like spin, no matter what gems you slot into the weapon. Their base damage is rather low, possibly because of the focus on cold damage this build uses and no real damage stats on gear. It might be possible to make them deal decent damage but I decided to make them give me utility instead.
- Bonechill, the minions' hits chill enemies increasing the damage from my first ice crash hit.
- Blind, most enemies nearby get blinded quite fast which helps with survivability
- Culling strike, working as expected.
- Maim, it shows on the tooltip that this should work but honestly I'm not sure if it's working properly. It's pretty hard to test.
- Minion speed and increased AOE to make the minions hit more enemies faster. Working.

You can also make the minions shock the enemies for around 10% with overcharge support, but this requires you to have some sort of additional lightning damage (I tested it with added lightning damage support, without it no shock was applied) which I don't have on gear. Might be worth if you have a flat added lightning on rings.

I also tried using hypothermia and ice bite to freeze and generate frenzy charges, but no enemies were getting frozen and no frenzy charges were appearing no matter how many and what enemies the dervishes hit/killed. So I don't think it works. I tried adding an added cold damage support but this didn't change anything.

Also tested some other supports but they either did not work as expected or were not really useful despite working.

Either way, the chill, blind and culling strike effects are useful and the rampage buff to movement speed helps with map clearspeed. I also saw some people using increased item rarity support which in theory should work as well. I have the weapon in my offhand slot and can swap it out for bosses that don't have any adds in the room.

Damn, good job on the testing part.

If you are okay with it, I'd like to include most of your notes rewritten slightly to match the format of the build guide. I'll also definitely experiment around a bit ontop of what you already figured works.

The culling strike part is definitely a good idea. Might even be possible/viable to run a double curse setup with elemental weakness and apply it through the dervish.
Arian Synthesis of G3
Feel free to add a dervish section to the build guide. I think it's a thing to consider when playing this build. I can't 100% guarantee my thoughts and notes are correct but it's at least something to start from.

I also tried to use hextouch linked to elemental weakness, but the dervishes wouldn't apply the curse on the mobs (i removed my curse on hit ring first to test this out). I tried adding cyclone or another skill into the link without any change, I think the reason it doesn't work is because the spinning dervishes use a special attack of their own, not any skill socketed in.

Also, after clearing some more maps with it, I'm thinking maim support isn't really doing much, if anything (it's kinda hard to test). So I swapped it out for Pulverise for even more AOE. With pulverise the dervishes hit slightly slower, which in some cases can delay blind/chill application by something like 0.5 seconds, but that didn't feel too significant for me.

I'm probably going to use this as my final setup:
Blind - Culling strike - Bonechill - Minion Speed - Increased AOE - Pulverise
"
YTY6 wrote:
I also tried to use hextouch linked to elemental weakness, but the dervishes wouldn't apply the curse on the mobs

Hextouch says on the gem itself "Minions cannot apply hexes this way."
Hi, this build looks amazing,Can i beat all the game with this build if i invest too much?
"
gorduro wrote:
Hi, this build looks amazing,Can i beat all the game with this build if i invest too much?

Absolutely. This build can do yellow Feared on about 50-60 Div invest. If you go above a mirror invest (which I consider too much), I am convinced you can completely destroy everything.

The build has a lot of potential the more you invest. However, it's already really powerful with low invest.
Arian Synthesis of G3
Thanks for the awesome build bro.
Im newb, just play since 2 weeks before this league. I have tried several build to learn the game, and yours is reaching the best dmg, comfort to play it with under 2div invest, and the guide is super easy to follow.
Im at lv79 rn, with decent dmg, but my biggest weakness is negative chaos res (-3x). I can't find where you have all the chaos res, beside the 'resist per endurance charge' from the ascendency. Please help 😁
Edit: please check my profile character for my equipment, i'm slowly upgrade it, but the chaos rest hurt me the most.
Last edited by hieezu on Oct 16, 2022, 12:18:12 PM
"
hieezu wrote:
Thanks for the awesome build bro.
Im newb, just play since 2 weeks before this league. I have tried several build to learn the game, and yours is reaching the best dmg, comfort to play it with under 2div invest, and the guide is super easy to follow.
Im at lv79 rn, with decent dmg, but my biggest weakness is negative chaos res (-3x). I can't find where you have all the chaos res, beside the 'resist per endurance charge' from the ascendency. Please help 😁
Edit: please check my profile character for my equipment, i'm slowly upgrade it, but the chaos rest hurt me the most.

Very pleased to hear this. Always glad about people enjoying this build as it is my personal favourite aswell. I might make a more extensive version of the Ice Crash build sometime in the future.

Your gear looks solid and should definitely ease your entry to red maps. You could start consider exchanging the rings for curse ring + dex/res stat sticks and if you are that worried about chaos res, maybe pick soul of arakaali in the pantheon along with acquiring some on gear (although I found that to be difficult).

The only chaos res I play the build with is from the ascendancy + atziri's promise flask. I've considered maybe working more chaos res into the build, but it's too difficult with the limited item slots. Mageblood could fix that, but if you are rich enough to acquire a Mageblood, chaos res isn't a worry for you anymore.
Arian Synthesis of G3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info