0.9.9d Patch Notes

Version 0.9.9d
  • Revamped the user interface for levelling gems up. Now, when they're close to the end of a level, they will appear on the right side of the play area, indicating their progress. Once they can be levelled up to the next level, a button will appear. If you want to leave the gem at its current level, you can dismiss this permanently by right clicking on the button. Equipped gems can still be levelled up from the inventory screen.
  • The page up/down keys now control the zoom level as well. These can be rebound. You can now disable mousewheel zoom in the UI options.
  • Double Strike has been rebalanced so that the starting level is now level 1 and it is available as the Shadow's initial gem received in the Twilight Strand. It is now pure dexterity.
  • Increased the monster density in the Twilight Strand.
  • Rejuvenation totems now do not affect themselves.
  • Exploding Spawn can now no longer be magic/rare.
  • Fixed some problems with the chat box. It now replaces the channel symbol if you start to type a /command.
  • Fixed a bug where monsters using Flicker Strike would cause the camera to act wrong if zoomed in.
  • Fixed a bug where Righteous Fire's spell damage increase didn't work.
  • Fixed a recently introduced bug where you'd get the waypoint for an area by merely entering it.
  • Fixed a bug where Oozeback Bloom would crash the instance when he dies.
  • Neutered an experimental skill gem that accidentally made its way into 0.9.9. Oops.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
We're going to fix the problem where the new gem experience bar appears on top of item hovers.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
zriL wrote:
Gems should level automatically, and the button should allow to not level the gem. So that people will stop asking "how do I level my gems ?" and "Why do I have to click to up a gem ?", the new system won't help much.

The default behaviour should be the most commonly used, and options for marginal uses.

There are three reasons we made the gem levelling manual:
a) The players asked for it, again and again.
b) It's nicer from a rewards point of view to have frequent "you just gained a level of something!" events while playing, and helps players understand that their gems are getting better.
c) Practical reasons related to gems being unusable if you level them too far when you have +attribute requirements on.
Trust me, the gem hovers will be improved. Their purpose (explaining that gems level up and how, as well as saving the state of which you never want to see again) works well and was sorely needed for the public weekend. #1 question we were asked last time was "how do I level gems?"

We will fix this feature after the public weekend so that it does not annoy high level players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info