Incoming troll wave.

With the weekend event and whatnot, how do we stop the trolls? Will people in the event be able to type in global chat? Will the GGG staff moderate? The world may never know.
The word troll has lost all its meaning already. Some people will obviously say things like "this game sucks, D3 is better", yet for some reason, everyone will get all worked out about it.

So easy to ignore and yet people fall for it.
Well it is currently a problem, and with the massive swell of users, I will be wondering how it will be moderated.
"
Quadraxis wrote:
The word troll has lost all its meaning already. Some people will obviously say things like "this game sucks, D3 is better", yet for some reason, everyone will get all worked out about it.

So easy to ignore and yet people fall for it.

All the D3 and PoE comparison in global chat has me playing with it hidden most of the time.
I have the utmost respect for you, austinrelis, but this was a silly post. The last open weekend was mostly full of lots of newcomers asking the same four or five questions over and again. The dev presence was not overwhelming but palpable, and I know they had to 'mute' at least three people. I'm not sure who, I didn't even see. I probably already had the guilty parties on ignore.

We already shape and sculpt global chat to our liking; it amazes me how many people either had a key and now act stupid in chat OR actually paid ten dollars just to sit and turn global chat into a cesspit, but yeah, GC is already quite a mess if you're not willing to /ignore people quite frequently.

So I really don't think it'll be much worse than usual. It wasn't last time -- if anything, I met lots of really cool, interesting people who were dying to get into the beta; this was just before the GGGang announced beta key support packages.

Either way...just because it's free to play doesn't mean it'll attract a bunch of got-nothing-better-to-do bums. Too many other things for them to do online, really. Path of Exile chooses its players, to a degree. And for now, the non-trolls, if you will, far outnumber the troublemakers. By far.

That's a large part of why I'm here.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Well they got a bigger team now and had more time since the last openweekend, so it might be moderated much more better.
Sweeping Maid
For a second there, I thought you meant the Trolls, nzrock.

...Suddenly it was starting to look like a rugby grudge match.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Just try to get all your characters to a higher difficulty level before the weekend. :)
What have you become when even nightmares fear you?
"
Minttunator wrote:
Just try to get all your characters to a higher difficulty level before the weekend. :)

Indeed. I was amazed by how many trolls and other less-than-desirable-global-chatters disappeared in the higher difficulties. It was very refreshing to turn on global chat in Ruthless and Merciless and not have a shit storm of D3 comments.
IGN: Sonalia, Arkimond
Last edited by Tommerbob on May 11, 2012, 1:50:58 AM
There will be trolls. Just like in any game, on any board or in any beta. The hope is there isnt a limit on how many people you can ignore.
Don't forget to register on the semi-official
Mumble server (212.16.110.188:64738 PW: poe)

.....And that's all I have to say about that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info