Using hot-keys to switch the right-click Skill

Can it be done? Apparently Q W E R T can only be used to trigger skills in the cursor's direction, but I would like to have a way to switch the skill that is used by Right Click faster, like for example in Diablo 2 where you pressed Q or W and it switched the skill you use with Right Click.
My article promoting PoE:
http://www.axonnsays.com/2013/01/you-are-invited-to-the-path-of-exile-open-beta

Running PoE on an Intel i5 2500K, Radeon 7950 OC, SSD Vertex 3 MI, 8 GB RAM.
I'm also a Software Engineer and Indie Game Developer ::- ). Go Go GGG!!!
I don't believe so. The known way to switch skills for any slot is to click on it, select the skill and go. In Diablo 2, as I recall, the hotkeys changed your mouse-button skill -- if q were bound to, say, frozen orb, hitting q would change your mouse-button skill to frozen orb. They weren't actually 'skill hotkeys' per se. In this game, the skill hotkeys are 'true' hotkeys -- if q is bound to cleave, hitting q will cleave, rather than simply assigning cleave to your mouse button.

Whether or not this is 'better' than hotkeys switching your mouse button around is of course subjective, but right now, you have at least seven skills available with no 'steps', whereas D2 you only ever had 2.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Personally i prefer d2 style of change skills ,its much more easy for me .
If I'd come to this game from D2, I'd agree. But I've played so many games since (MMOs and APGs alike) where hotkeys are actually hotkeys rather than skill selectors that I am probably a bit more comfortable with the existing control scheme.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info