Anybody Catch Anything Good Yet?

I've been sitting on the Broken Bridge for two hours now. I've caught dozens of Coral Sunfish and a couple of Irontooth Snagglers, but nothing really good yet. Any advice for a newbie angler? I'm still in Cruel difficulty, does it get any better?

Post your fish stories!
Last bumped on Feb 6, 2024, 12:41:25 PM
"
FrostyHardtop wrote:
I've been sitting on the Broken Bridge for two hours now. I've caught dozens of Coral Sunfish and a couple of Irontooth Snagglers, but nothing really good yet. Any advice for a newbie angler? I'm still in Cruel difficulty, does it get any better?

Post your fish stories!

Talk to the old man in Forest Encampment, then Surf up and down the Flooded Strand coast for a special catch.
That took FOREVER. But the increased resistance is definitely worth it. Thanks for the tip!
Oh man, I was starting to think I was the only one doing this!
Yeah, your catches will get significantly better once you get into the higher difficulties. I caught 5 Rainbow Starfish and 3 stacks of Rockhide Snappers on Merciless difficulty the other night. :)

I find that if you go down to the very end of the bridge the catches seem to get a bit better, but it could always be coincidence.

Also, if you talk to the NPC in the Forest Encampment once you get to the highest difficulty he'll let you fish in the Fetid Pools too. :-D
Weirdest catch I have got so far was a "Ragged Boot". I fished it up in Cruel and it had a level 20 equip requirement, but only provides 10 evasion rating. It had one socket but I haven't tried using any Jeweler's on it yet. The coolest part about it is that it is simply one boot, not two. So when you look at your char he/she just has one boot on!
Is this a troll thread or can you really fish?
These guys are good, really good. I barely caught 3 Red Snappers, though I must admit I am only in Normal League, imo the best place I've found is right around the town of the second act, definitely much better than the caves. Only pools and streams comes close, caught a few Longjaw Mud Snapper
"
Gear wrote:

LOL! Good try!! I am pretty sure the idea of people "not knowing you can fish" in this game is on the same level as the idea of people "not knowing what Avatar of Fire is" :P (or "was", since they temporarily removed it in 0.9.9, lol)

Yes, everyone knows you can fish in this game.
Last edited by visibiliti on May 10, 2012, 4:00:01 PM
"
visibiliti wrote:
"
Gear wrote:

LOL! Good try!! I am pretty sure the idea of people "not knowing you can fish" in this game is on the same level as the idea of people "not knowing what Avatar of Fire is" :P (or "was", since they temporarily removed it in 0.9.9, lol)

Yes, everyone knows you can fish in this game.

I can't find it in any patch notes. So please tell me how to fish. Unless you guys are trolling, which seems to be the case.
After fishing for 5 hours straight in Chaos (legacy league), I finally caught a chaos snapper. $$$$ baby!
Last edited by The_Dude on May 10, 2012, 4:19:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info