[3.16 UPDATED] Bergerbrush's Budget & Beginner Divine Ire Totem Hierophant

Hey,
[edit]
Nevermind, I hadn't seen this line in the Hexproof description on the wiki:
"Hexproof is not curse immunity, which prevents both Hexes and Marks from being applied at all."

Thanks for the guide
Last edited by edmanny on Jul 21, 2021, 10:28:21 AM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
So far nothing in the patch notes kills the build but it will take a big damage nerf, like most other builds, but the build is still fine.

- spell totem support is a bit less damage and cast speed
- You can't use infused channeling with divine ire totem anymore, so need to replace that.
- losing diamond flask is a huge loss of DPS, but for the budget the build still does good damage.
- Blade blast not applying unnerve anymore is another damage loss.
- no increased crit chance for mobs on consecrated ground is a damage loss.
- arcane surge cast speed loss

yes it all sounds bad, but at least the build is still the same just weaker. Some other builds are not even functional anymore.

Thank you for ur reply.
Can u give me some guide for the damage loss?
For example, which support gem can be the replacement of infused channeling?
I played a variant of this build and liked it. I've been looking at what to replace infused channeling with myself, and I used controlled destruction instead of lightning pen. I'm getting rid of that now though, it's been gutted.

So it will be lightning pen and maybe increased AOE instead of controlled destruction and infused channeling. I'm not sure yet. I actually don't remember if increased AOE only affects the beam. If it affects the channeling damage too it could be good for clearing. If not, maybe phys to lightning. I just don't know.

I'll be replacing arcane surge too with something. I don't see why a build like this needs it anymore. Don't know with what. I have arcane surge linked to assassin's mark and arcanist brand so I'll think of something.
Last edited by MrSparkle001 on Jul 22, 2021, 10:53:16 AM
Been messing around with this in POB since the manifesto. Once Patch notes hit, I did some tests in POB and a quick dry run in game with similar level gems post nerf.

I found that elemental focus is good if you have a 5L while leveling. Other than that, it gets beat by Increased Critical Damage. I replaced infused channeling with Increased Critical Strikes, this was netting far more DPS than any other option. For the min/max build, Woke Added Lightning Damage beats out Increased Critical Strikes by a fair margin.

Diamond flask is still decent for us, not sure about Atziri's Promise just yet.

Here's an updated POB with a few added things. The damage this build can do on a 4L at lvl 60 with absolute trash gear is insane.

https://pastebin.com/jAan0Pex

Update #1 - As predicted with new 3.15 Patch Notes where GGG has nerfed basicly everything in the game by a large margin, so has this builds damage been nerfed.

Here is the new 3.15 PoB with Infused Channeling changed to Increased Critial Damage Support and also removed Blade Blast as it doesn't unnerve anymore.

3.15 PoB: https://pastebin.com/tN73veas
"
DjRiff wrote:
Been messing around with this in POB since the manifesto. Once Patch notes hit, I did some tests in POB and a quick dry run in game with similar level gems post nerf.

I found that elemental focus is good if you have a 5L while leveling. Other than that, it gets beat by Increased Critical Damage. I replaced infused channeling with Increased Critical Strikes, this was netting far more DPS than any other option. For the min/max build, Woke Added Lightning Damage beats out Increased Critical Strikes by a fair margin.

Here's an updated POB with a few added things. The damage this build can do on a 4L at lvl 60 with absolute trash gear is insane.

So Added Lightning Damage is even better than Increased Critical Strikes?

I don't have POB until I get home from work, and when I do it's time to start not theorycraft. Seems like you're saying Increased Critical Strikes is better than Increased Critical Damage, and Added Lightning Damage is better than both?

Unless "Woke Added Lightning Damage" is a different skill? Lol I don't know what it could be.
Last edited by MrSparkle001 on Jul 23, 2021, 9:50:43 AM
"
MrSparkle001 wrote:
"
DjRiff wrote:

I don't have POB until I get home from work, and when I do it's time to start not theorycraft. Seems like you're saying Increased Critical Strikes is better than Increased Critical Damage, and Added Lightning Damage is better than both?

Unless "Woke Added Lightning Damage" is a different skill? Lol I don't know what it could be.

First of all I wanna say that the damage has been nerfed quite heavily for the endgame. As expected with 3.15 absolutely butchering almost all builds.

This build will stay relatively the same overall though in terms of gameplay and items, the only thing is that we will now use "Increased Critical Damage Support" instead of Infused Channeling.

And we will remove Blade Blast alltogether since it doesn't unnerve anymore its rendered useless.

Thats basicly it.
"
MrSparkle001 wrote:
"
DjRiff wrote:

Let me clarify sorry.

Elemental focus doesn't let us shock. With it's damage multiplier heavily nerfed, it's worth dropping it for shock. With the reduction to bosses ailment threshold, and the fact that even at 5% shock effect the nerfed elemental focus loses, it's just not worth taking any more.

Gems give you more DPS in this order:

Divine Ire -> Multiple Totems -> Concentrated Effect -> Lightning Penetration -> Increased Critical Damage -> Increased Critical Strikes

Increased Critical Strikes falls behind Awakened Added Lightning Damage once we're in the stage 3 gearing/tree setup. My guess is this is due to the +1 Lightning Gems and the extra stats.

"
First of all I wanna say that the damage has been nerfed quite heavily for the endgame. As expected with 3.15 absolutely butchering almost all builds.

This build will stay relatively the same overall though in terms of gameplay and items, the only thing is that we will now use "Increased Critical Damage Support" instead of Infused Channeling.

And we will remove Blade Blast alltogether since it doesn't unnerve anymore its rendered useless.

Thats basicly it.

I swapped out Blade Blast for Wave of Conviction. With our still insane mana regen, paying the cost of the trigger is negligible and we get even more lightning damage from it's debuff.

Damage is still absolutely bonkers for a league starter.
Last edited by DjRiff on Jul 23, 2021, 12:21:59 PM
"
DjRiff wrote:
Let me clarify sorry.

Elemental focus doesn't let us shock. With it's damage multiplier heavily nerfed, it's worth dropping it for shock. With the reduction to bosses ailment threshold, and the fact that even at 5% shock effect the nerfed elemental focus loses, it's just not worth taking any more.

Gems give you more DPS in this order:

Divine Ire -> Multiple Totems -> Concentrated Effect -> Lightning Penetration -> Increased Critical Damage -> Increased Critical Strikes

Increased Critical Strikes falls behind Awakened Added Lightning Damage once we're in the stage 3 gearing/tree setup. My guess is this is due to the +1 Lightning Gems and the extra stats.

"

Thats basicly it.

I swapped out Blade Blast for Wave of Conviction. With our still insane mana regen, paying the cost of the trigger is negligible and we get even more lightning damage from it's debuff.

Damage is still absolutely bonkers for a league starter.

Ok got it! Yeah I'm actually thinking my 6L setup will be exactly that too.

As nerfed as this build is I think it's not as nerfed as others.
Last edited by MrSparkle001 on Jul 23, 2021, 12:59:14 PM
FYI for the both of you. The reason why you should play Elemental Focus instead of Increased Critical Strikes is because, even though Elemental Focus removes you ability to shock. It still provides a large damage increase overall thats more sustainable.

Shock is based on the most recent hit if I'm not misstaken, and thus making the Shock Value very low since channeling Divine Ire will make multiple smaller hits until the beam goes off. So the enemy will most often NOT have a high shock value on it. Thus making shock very unreliable.

Putting the Wave of Conviction in the Arcanist Brand is good though if that does work, making it less tedious with the trap throwing.

Not 100% sure if it does work though? I guess it should...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info