[3.16] Tanel's ZERKER Generals Cry Blade Flurry (ABSOLUTE GLASS CANNON)

I do not recommend this build for 3.16 is all im gonna say. It can do most endgame content although you will use up eighter 1 portal or all portals in T14-16 and A8 is nearly impossible id say if you do not have 40-50mil damage.

This is my final version until further notice.
T16 CHIMERA run with my final gear as of 31st of October (Day 6-7 of league)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RgRlaaZvXk

4K Video Guide from 3.14 Ultimatum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sd8osn0iC8

Patch Notes:
So another league is upon us, Chris Wilson brought this down on us!
Here is my early POB and I will be updating the guide as I go. Hopefully it is enough to give you guys a heads up and a direction on where to go!

I am planning to make Generals Cry very tanky from 3.16 while also giving us insane damage and decent clear speed.
So how do we do it?
Well I am still trying out stuff here and there but in short and sweet we should have:

VIDEOS:

3.16 - Day 2 T5 SCOURGE Map (Delirium, Baran) on day 2 (5link, Ichimonji):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufUG591dXc8

3.16 - Day 3 T11 First RED Map of Scourge with budget gear:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zzBNSilGBw

3.16 - Day 3 T11 BARAN + Scourge with my 1C weapon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0G8Mj9eGcU
(Low deeps only big problem, using 1C weapon)

3.16 - Day 4-5 T15 ELDER GUARDIAN (Zana unided map, -9% max res atleast here)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awNyKd_zjJo

3.16 - Day 4-5 T14 EXPEDITION + BOSS (I am STILL missing INSANE damage)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK9oattuUAE

3.16 - Day 4-5 Paradoxica and Abyssus FINALLY! T15 Mapping!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmwdtUY_1Wk

3.6 - DAY 6 T16 8mod corrupted map, beyond, sextanted! Paradoxica, Abyssus and Asenaths Gentle Touch gloves for clear. Also PRIDE instead of GRACE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFOujthjqDY

The TLDR:

A lot of uniques = Easy and FUN Scourge corrupted league
CURSE IMMUNE or CONDITIONAL with flask
3-4 CURSE build, Vulnerability, Temporal Chains, Ass Mark and manual Punishment (mostly spanking)!
50% Attack Block
50% Spell Block
79% All Resistances
30-50% CHAOS RES or capped if you want
Almost maxed evasion
Almost maxed physical damage reduction
AILMENT IMMUNE
CRIT IMMUNE
CURSE IMMUNE
CORRUPTED BLOOD IMMUNITY
PERMA ONSLAUGHT
SEMI-STUN IMMUNE OR FULL STUN IMMUNE (Pantheon for semi or Belt jewels for full)
10% Chance to gain ELUSIVE on Critical Strike (If you wish on boots)
Tailwind (On boots with Elusive if you wish)
Darkness Enthroned BUFFED with Scourge corrupts = Same damage as Ryslathas Coil (In endgame can even enchant after corrupting now)
15% Life Recoup after each warcry!
50% REDUCED REFLECT DAMAGE Pantheon (Can easily find other 50% somewhere)
Zero need for movement speed on boots, cheap and easy to buy boots!
100% Impale Chance from passives and clusters with Dread Banner
Temporal Chains on hit
Vulnerability on hit
Ass Spank on hit
Manual cast Punishment that does 78% MORE damage if the enemy is below 50% HP.. imo very undervalued curse!

PROS:
+ Nutty single target damage in endgame T14-16 mapping and all the guardians, Sirus, Maven and upcoming.. Maven´s father and mother.. all die quick with their twisted siblings
+ We mainly use Cyclone to do damage while moving, one of the best ways to deal damage in the game is damaging while moving. Cyclone also goes through mobs so you never feel suddenly being "trapped" in and feels like you have perma phasing!
+ Versus some CoC builds GC BF does not need you to hit anything to do damage nor do you need to be anywhere close to the enemy or on top, Blade Flurry has a big AOE and even bigger if you decide to use Pulverise, Blade Flurry area is pretty nice and big!
+ As you have read from above TLDR section this GC BF focuses a lot more on overall DEFENCES and thus making us very tanky to all kinds of bullshit from endgame, yes we dont deal gazillion DPS BUT ideally will never die, hardcore viable pog lol
+ Even without movement speed on boots this build is CRAZY fast thanks to our high APS and the buffed Berserk! Leap slamming is just the best movement skill in the game imo

CONS:
- Very GEAR dependant. This build is soley reliant on having The Redblade Banner shield. Without it the build would not function pretty much.
- I have to be honest and say that leveling to maps from a league start is a PAIN versus something like a Toxic Rain Raider. Only gets nice when you get to buy the Redblade Banner and switch from Earthshatter or Spectral Helix to Generals Cry Blade Flurry
- While general mapping early on feels ok it never feels too good without a Paradoxica because the best weapon for the build before Paradoxica has to be eighter Ichimonji for 1 chaos orb or a Scaeva for 1 chaos orb. The damage falls off at early red maps and doing conquers is long if you choose to juice the map.
- Also when you finally do get Paradoxica id say dont even equip it if you dont have an enchanted ABYSSUS. Abyssus is just CRAZY damage boost because Paradoxica will DOUBLE all your FLAT Physical damage modifiers on your gear and Abyssus has a ton of it AND has a ton of crit multi. This would also make it the right time to switch Pulverise to Increased Critical Strikes gem.
- Builds gets to feeling GREAT only after you aquire a cheap Increased Physical Damage Paradoxica, Abyssus with Berserk enchant and Asenaths Gentle Touch gloves with one curse (Vulnerability on hit) on your ring and second curse (Asenaths Gentle Touch Temp chains) annointed as Whispers of Doom 3xGolden Oils on your amulet or using Windshriek boots or both if you wish to use 4th curse early on as Ass Mark on your second ring. This can mean a lot of exalts but nothing too crazy, at league start by the end of first week exalts are ususally 80 chaos per and these items cost around 2EX for the Abyssus, 3-5EX for Asenaths that can go up to 10-12EX some leagues, 6-8EX for Paradoxica (That can come down to just 1EX for the base Paradoxica we need) and Windshriek about 30-50C.
- The build is the most optimal at 10 Attacks Per Second. Now you can still get away with 5-7 Attacks per second but you would have to have gigadam for it to be worth it. Thats why you dont see many people reaching 10APS anymore because they are using Pulverise which decreases your APS by a lot that gets further lowered by Melee Physical Damage support. This is why I choose to go Crit Strikes instead of Pulverise in the endgame but the damage and AOE from Pulverise is a great substitution but as we are a crit build in the end then crit strike just makes more sense and we get APS back! Crit Strikes support gem is virtually the same damage but without the APS penalty.

THIS IS WRITTEN BEFORE PATCH HIT:

So what I did in 3.16 POB right now, and tested it out a bit in standard was ditch ALL damage auras.. so no Pride, no Blood and Sand.
Instead im going to use Determination with Grace as they got.. imo.. giga buffed!
Then because our Cyclone is a 5 link we should do enough damage to keep up Fortify and even take fortify stack nodes to further boost our fortification stacks up to 27.. this is yet to be seen if it works good with our build but I think it should.
Also one thing to note with 3.16 Scourge.. all our items are gonna get corrupted.. and the more uniques a build is using the easier it is to take FULL POWER of those mods, if we brick, we just buy a new unique, no need to hustle with crazy difficult crafting etc.
We could also perhaps get ailment immunity but I am still figuring out the reservation changes and so on.

Quick STANDARD test video with DETERMINATION and GRACE without damage auras
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzHKV_xOpRA
My 3.16 work in progress POB
https://pastebin.com/B4VFHYj3
Mathils actual cat
Last edited by HDTanel on Oct 31, 2021, 12:54:11 AM
Last bumped on Oct 31, 2021, 3:29:09 PM
> NOW, the cluster jewels!

Mob mentality.
Charges. All colors. Always.
"
Badorik wrote:
> NOW, the cluster jewels!

Mob mentality.
Charges. All colors. Always.

Oh wow, I kinda misread the "PER POWER" :D yepp.. I will be taking that now although, it´s just 120% chance to crit with 3 powers. We already are at max endurance and frenzies during fights so the Provocateur node is not that much worse if at all.

A bit of an update though for this exact setup that I had without mob mentality:

Now that im DEEP into T16 maps.. I have ZERO issues with Ultimatums or maps in general.. great clearspeed, insane single target damage with THIS setup.
I am now gathering funds to try out a Paradoxica with high attack speed and Impale chance so I can respec the Impale nodes into an extra Large cluster jewel setup and PERHAPS use a total of 4 medium clusters 🙂
I will be trying out how an expensive 17EX Paradoxica setup with high flat phys rings, amulet and maybe an Abyssus feels like.. also I do want that Ryslathas Coil belt.. BUT.. there is ZERO issues taking down all content in the game without dying. Minotaur without HP buffs dies in 3-4seconds or less lol.
Mathils actual cat
Last edited by HDTanel on Apr 30, 2021, 5:24:37 PM
New player here. Can juggernaut work also??
"
New player here. Can juggernaut work also??

No.

If you are playing general's cry you are straight gimping yourself if you are not playing berserker. Losing a 50% more multiplier times 6 is not worth any tradeoff you can get. General's Cry's only synergy with an ascendancy is berserker. The Berserk Uptime and 50% more multiplier is better than anything else.

"
PoB - https://pastebin.com/115Jh0v4 - Feel free to mess around with new stuff, try out different cluster jewels etc, nothing is set in stone!

This POB is lacking. You have 97% life from tree and 4.5k life. The amount of random one shots has to be awful. You can get well over 100m DPS on less than 50ex budget and still manage to take that entire scion life wheel and get close to 150% life from tree.

As for clusters you want Mob Mentality and Lead by example on the same jewel. Because when you upgrade to awakened melee phys and get intimidate on hit you can swap your other exert cluster that had Haunting Shout and Provoc to another kind to get more dps and tankiness. Something like a channeling jewel with endurance charges and crit multi after channeling. This can fuel a CWDT-Immortal Call to improve tankiness. That way you can run a real chest with ideally Elevated Crit, +1 level and 10 to quality to socketed active jewels or extra curse and life/life%.

The two biggest upgrades you are missing are paradoxica and watcher's eye with pride impale mod. When you are shopping for a paradoxica you can massively upgrade them if you know what you are looking for and have some divines. Mine was about 200dps and I added over 30dps with some divine spam and then 30% beast craft.

This is my current pob: https://pastebin.com/rDHz65Fs No where near maxed as I am still missing the watcher's eye and have bad resists on multiple slots. Over 150% life from tree with jewels which should be a standard benchmark for life melee builds.
Last edited by cespinar on May 1, 2021, 3:00:13 PM
"
"
PoB - https://pastebin.com/115Jh0v4 - Feel free to mess around with new stuff, try out different cluster jewels etc, nothing is set in stone!

This POB is lacking. You have 97% life from tree and 4.5k life. The amount of random one shots has to be awful. You can get well over 100m DPS on less than 50ex budget and still manage to take that entire scion life wheel and get close to 150% life from tree.

As for clusters you want Mob Mentality and Lead by example on the same jewel. Because when you upgrade to awakened melee phys and get intimidate on hit you can swap your other exert cluster that had Haunting Shout and Provoc to another kind to get more dps and tankiness. Something like a channeling jewel with endurance charges and crit multi after channeling. This can fuel a CWDT-Immortal Call to improve tankiness. That way you can run a real chest with ideally Elevated Crit, +1 level and 10 to quality to socketed active jewels or extra curse and life/life%.

The two biggest upgrades you are missing are paradoxica and watcher's eye with pride impale mod. When you are shopping for a paradoxica you can massively upgrade them if you know what you are looking for and have some divines. Mine was about 200dps and I added over 30dps with some divine spam and then 30% beast craft.

This is my current pob: https://pastebin.com/rDHz65Fs No where near maxed as I am still missing the watcher's eye and have bad resists on multiple slots. Over 150% life from tree with jewels which should be a standard benchmark for life melee builds.

Hey, yes I talked about Paradoxica option for the LATE end end game :)
I just upgraded to Paradoxica with a simple Darkness Enthroned belt and stacked double flat phys on a budget 10-20c jewels and put an accuracy, mana jewel into the belt to get ez 100% hit chance and enough mana that I de-level Precision to 17, added dex on gear so could respec my tree into the second large cluster jewel.
I just posted a video of a T16 Minotaur run, it dies in 2 seconds or less.
The build is insane AND tanky enough for these alc and go maps. Havent tested 100% Delirius maps but alc and go rare T16 maps are 90% time deathless and so is full 10 rounds of Ultimatums.
This is why I argue that I do not need any more life etc.. I just dont need it, why invest in it if you dont need it :)

Minotaur T16 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQDsHmLmMW4
Mathils actual cat
Last edited by HDTanel on May 1, 2021, 6:18:54 PM
If you don't need more than 97% inc life from tree whatever you do you but its a bad guide for other people to follow. Plain and simple. You also are not going to be doing juiced content on 4k life. And especially not when you are relying on Endurance charges for max res and you **lose all endurance charges when hit and you are not killing monsters to gain end charges regularly** This means you are not ever resist capped for maven or sirus fights and a good portion of Uber Elder and Cortex fights.

Clearly there are improvements to be made if I can do more more dps and have 1k more life if I just swap my tree and jewel setup into your POB.

"

You did a 50% quant minotaur map with no maven passives and 0 life/unique boss mods and one damage mod. It might as well be a white map. This build should be showcased against the hardest of guardian content with how easy it pushes 100m dps. 100%+ quant Guardian's Aid bullshit.

You took a Ferrari and slapped Civic engine in it.

You need to work on your POB setup, because you are undershooting your actual dps because you don't know what to checkbox. You are not resist capped in your pob even with max end charges even tho it would only take a couple bench crafts and some blessed orbs.

Like this is your guide and you do you but for anyone else reading you are better off going to poe.ninja and looking at people 94+ and seeing how they build.

Good gaming, peace
"
cespinar wrote:
If you don't need more than 97% inc life from tree whatever you do you but its a bad guide for other people to follow. Plain and simple. You also are not going to be doing juiced content on 4k life. And especially not when you are relying on Endurance charges for max res and you **lose all endurance charges when hit and you are not killing monsters to gain end charges regularly** This means you are not ever resist capped for maven or sirus fights and a good portion of Uber Elder and Cortex fights.

Clearly there are improvements to be made if I can do more more dps and have 1k more life if I just swap my tree and jewel setup into your POB.

"

You did a 50% quant minotaur map with no maven passives and 0 life/unique boss mods and one damage mod. It might as well be a white map. This build should be showcased against the hardest of guardian content with how easy it pushes 100m dps. 100%+ quant Guardian's Aid bullshit.

You took a Ferrari and slapped Civic engine in it.

You need to work on your POB setup, because you are undershooting your actual dps because you don't know what to checkbox. You are not resist capped in your pob even with max end charges even tho it would only take a couple bench crafts and some blessed orbs.

Like this is your guide and you do you but for anyone else reading you are better off going to poe.ninja and looking at people 94+ and seeing how they build.

Good gaming, peace

I understand your concerns but I am not using any.. "mirror" tier items to bring a build. I bring a build thats ACTUALLY doable for a regular player. You dont just take one thing into account and say it wont work.
I really dont die in T16 alc and go maps, sextanted etc. I have yes not done a T19 100% delirius map yet BUT damage wise it shouldnt have problems there, will test it out later. Most people will never go into T19 100% delirius maps anyway.
Also if youd just look at my gear and stats that I show in my gameplay video clips you see I am res capped, perhaps im missing like 3-4% res on one, it doesnt matter as I do not die.. why do I need to worry about it if it doesnt affect my build?
Improvements from gear can be easily made if you wish to invest in them, as I said before, I am not using any mirror gear.. most expensive thing was the 6link chest and 430pDPS sword that cost 5-6EX each. That build alone did T16 maps and bosses without dying EASY. Now I upgraded this same build to Paradoxica version and it is ridiculous OP and still.. not mirror gear, just 17EX Paradoxica that you can totally skip, not needed at all.

And as for Minotaur.. it is still Minotaur. Most people dont run maps with insane mods on guardian maps, you can but for the sake of showing damage I chose not to have map mods on it that give it life or phys reduction etc so everyone can compare the damage easily.
POB was just a quick import from my character, I didnt do anything more to it, it is meant to be a rough idea where to go, same as you yoink builds from poe ninja site.
Mathils actual cat
Why faster attacks instead of pulverise? Is there an attack speed checkpoint we need to hit?

Also Scaeva (3green) seems to be higher damage than Ichimonji, but also lower attack speed which leads me back to the first question about attack speed.

Thanks mate.
"
Miller411 wrote:
Why faster attacks instead of pulverise? Is there an attack speed checkpoint we need to hit?

Also Scaeva (3green) seems to be higher damage than Ichimonji, but also lower attack speed which leads me back to the first question about attack speed.

Thanks mate.

Yes, ideally you want 10APS all the time to be able to reach maximum Blade Flurry stages!
Mathils actual cat

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info