NVIDIA Control Panel show PoE as "Dragon : MMORPG"

As you can see in the screen below:

NVIDIA Control Panel shows PoE as "Dragon : MMORPG".
This bug has already been reported in another thread but it was with no screen and in a two-bug report thread so it wasn't clear
Koren,
Reviewer at http://www.reviewsandko.com
This is because our game client is just called client.exe at the moment. We'll fix this or let NVIDIA know in future!
Balance & Design
FYI in the interim - players can also rename the client.exe to something more unique (poe.exe) for example, which can be added to the nVidia panel successfully, and then launch the game through that.
Please, fix it!
It's really nasty :D
Well, a few comments.

For me it's shown as "Phantasy Star Online 2", NVIDIA does not allow me to change it to use the high performance card so I need to run it using right click, and pick the card each time.

Also, if I rename client.exe to poe.exe it's useless, as I run it, the patcher downloads client.exe again.
"
jexmcbyte wrote:
For me it's shown as "Phantasy Star Online 2", NVIDIA does not allow me to change it to use the high performance card so I need to run it using right click, and pick the card each time.

I have the same problem too and it's quite annoying: client.exe is a really generic name, can you please rename it to something else?? :-(
I'm an ex-exile beacuse I play more rewarding ARPGs! :-P

I miss the "Daily Insightful Charan" with my coffee!

English is not my main language: that means I'll write strange things! :-D
Up!
"
jexmcbyte wrote:
... NVIDIA does not allow me to change it to use the high performance card so I need to run it using right click, and pick the card each time.

Are you sure the high performance card is inserted in the FIRST PCIxpress port and not the other way around? Can you give some details about your systems specifications?
"
mabllo wrote:
Are you sure the high performance card is inserted in the FIRST PCIxpress port and not the other way around? Can you give some details about your systems specifications?

I have a laptop so... ;-)
Anyway, as far as I know, Invidia's Control Panel behaviour is the same on Desktops and Laptops: it won't let you change the settings for a factory defined application if it's marked as "3D features unsupported", like "Phantasy Star Online 2 - (client.exe)" in this case.
I'm an ex-exile beacuse I play more rewarding ARPGs! :-P

I miss the "Daily Insightful Charan" with my coffee!

English is not my main language: that means I'll write strange things! :-D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info