Stress-Free PoE! SLOW-MO GUNSLINGER (AW): No Required Items|1-Button Play|SSF League Start-End|3.14

Thanks everyone for an amazing 3.14! I appreciate all the kind words and honest feedback :). Thank you for all your time and effort and I hope you had a great 3 months!

Unfortunately, this guide will be discontinued. Well...maybe not...poison really got beefed up...But the new meta changes won't be kind to this build. So for the time being I'll have my zombie guide and my RF Chief. I'll use 3.15to make a curse build that can handle all content. I'm a curse freak, so I'll be trying to figure it out as fast as I can. Spellslinger costing way more mana will be something for sure. Maybe this guide will be fixed up shortly, maybe it'll be for 3.16. But I want to be sure about the big meta changes I apply to these builds

I won't be responding to this post anymore as I'll be focusing on updating my 3.15 filters and guides.

Thanks again for being so great. See you in 3.15!

I posted a couple new builds...if you're in a testing mood...
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288

If you're bored with the league or looking to extend it somehow, I've posted 3 (4) extra builds. They aren't guides, so there aren't any explanations, they're just builds. But they are ideas that I've been dying to try in-game to see how they work. On paper, they seem legit. They are all designed to be very tanky.

There's a Chieftain that uses Righteous Fire and has a focus on Endurance Charges (my old RF Chieftain), 2 Gladiator options (one uses General's Cry, the other is pure melee) that are max block builds focusing on counter-attack damage (they are my old Trigger Happy build), and a two-handed Champion with an insane amount of Armour that focuses on Herald of Purity and Summon Phantasms.

Even though they aren't guides, if you give any of them a shot, I'd LOVE feedback on them. I don't have time to play them all but I'm really curious which ones people fall in love with and which people hate (and why). I have high expectations for all of them but you never know what Mr./Mrs. Gameplay will have to say about it.

Hopefully, you're having a great 3.14 and if you give any of the newly posted builds a try, I'd love to know what you think!

Well hi there! WELCOME to my SLOW-MO GUNSLINGER guide :)!

SHUT UP Wrecker! I JUST WANT TO PLAY! (3.14's guide in one picture)
Ok! Yikes...you could have at least said "please" or something...

This is my Green Minion Gem guide. This Animate Weapon build is a life-based Occultist. Think of this as a ranged caster whose spells just happen to be minions (so you don't have to aim). Range, curses, and mobility are our defence. Our minion damage is focused 100% on Chaos damage. We also have a major investment into curse efficiency as we'll be using three curses that are huge for both offence and defence. (Obviously, Temporal Chains is in there as it's my favourite skill.) This one-button build uses Spellslinger to cast our minions. Every other aspect of this build is automatic! You'll clear the Atlas with a yawn and smile. It's easy 1 (or 2) button fun! Here's 3.14's gameplay example video and this is my setup if you're interested. (I play the same as the guide unless I'm testing something out.)

My builds don't require any specific/fancy items or mods to play so you can just pick up with what the game gives you and play like a good old fashion dungeon crawler (SSF). Pure RNG fun :).
Now don't go being a Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins and think that because this build doesn't require anything specific that you can go and melt end game content with crap gear. Crap gear will clear crap content while amazing gear will clear amazing content. My build/guide style just allows you more freedom to get there...m'kay?
For those with similar limitations to mine, I can play this build on both PC and Console.

(Thanks Tagz for always being willing to figure out the Wiki with me.)

Why My Builds Are the Way They Are
All of my builds revolve around my medical situation and my love of old school dungeon crawling (which in PoE Land we call Solo Self Found). So if you're curious about why I design my builds the way I do (the limitations I revolve around), I explain it all in my One Stop Shop. (I have multiple guides. So some information is easier to explain in one location rather than many.)
A Quick Note Players new to Path of Exile
Welcome! PoE is a really in-depth game. Its million different mechanics work together is so many countless combinations that there really are endless ways to play this game. If you love theory crafting (coming up with different combos of skills and seeing if it'll work out), there is no other game that compares to this one.

For new people trying to learn Path of Exile, it's my opinion that the most efficient way to learn the game is by doing things for yourself; trying things out in-game, reading nodes/mods/skills, and making choices for yourself. I understand that some people look to guides for help progressing in the game, while others are simply looking for a neat idea to try out. It is the intent of all my guides to give people a relaxing way to play PoE (no matter their experience with the game) while also helping new people understand what's going on.

So, when it comes to my guides, it is my goal to help new players learn the game, but learn it in a way that you'll really grasp what's happening on your own. I give direction in my guides, but not many "step by step" directions. Nor do I tell you to do things in a certain order. I give lots of detail but it's to help explain and simplify the mechanics and concepts within the build and have you understand what's going on. My guides aren't intended to be the PoE wiki (but I provide many links to it, so don't worry).

My guides are massive because they completely revolve around helping new players understand what's going on. Just be prepared to discover the game and make some choices for yourself :).

I hope the guides help you have a relaxing PoE experience and also help you learn and love the game as well.

Happy slaying!

(I'll reference my One Stop Shop a few times in my guides. It has some Tips for New Players in there that you may find useful.)

Gem Links
PoE restricts which gems are available to each class until Act 3. Until then you can get some gems for free from quest rewards, purchase some from specific NPCs in each town, or find them as loot.

There are two NPC's that sell all purchasable gems: the first one is Siosa in the Library in Act 3 (you have to do his quest first (the Library is connected to The Imperial Gardens)), the second NPC is Lilly Roth in Act 6.

*If I have a level next to a gem, stop leveling that gem at that level. For example, Cast when Damage Taken (Level 2). Don’t level Cast when Damage Taken beyond gem level 2. Otherwise, fully level all gems.

5/6 Link - Animate Weapon (Main Skill) (Socket in your chest)
Spellslinger
Animate Weapon
- Added Chaos Damage Support
- Minion Damage Support
- Lesser Poison Support
- Vile Toxins Support
Animate Weapon Explained
Alrighty! Animate Weapon is our main skill. As odd as it might seem, it's a minion skill. We'll eventually be able to have 14 weapons "dancing" by our side to attack enemies. Normally, these minions are animated by clicking the skill on either a normal item that you can see on the ground or a Lingering Blade that can be created by a couple of different skills. If Animate Weapon animates a normal weapon on the ground, the literal stats of the item will be used as that specific minion's base damage (before applying the tree and support gem bonuses). Animate Weapon innately gives a bit of bonus damage to the minions animated by Lingering Blades. At the end of the day, the damage is pretty equal no matter which weapon gets animated. (These minions can only use melee weapons and only deal Melee Attack damage.) BUT we won't be picking which weapons get animated. Here comes Spellslinger...

Spellslinger is a really neat skill; it's tied to both a wand attack and the linked spell(s). (The wand attack does not need to be linked to Spellslinger in any way.) When Spellslinger is active, simply using your wand attack will automatically cast/trigger ALL spells linked to Spellslinger. Now, that's amazingly strong and easy. So the consequence is that all spells linked to Spellslinger will reserve a certain amount of mana. In this build, we'll have both Animate Weapon and Ethereal Knives linked to Spellslingers. Each Spellslinger gem needs to be activated the same way an aura gets activated; you turn "it on" and then it starts reserving mana and "obeys" your wand. So each time you do a wand attack, your spells linked to Spellslinger will cast.

**One last thing about Spellslinger. The mana it reserves decreases slightly as you level the Spellslinger gem(s). So only by gem level 17 you will be able to run all of the skills that reserve mana in this build.

Chaos/Poison? (Referencing Lesser Poison Support)
Poison in PoE is an AILMENT, not a damage type. Applying the poison ailment deals Chaos Damage as a Damage Over Time mechanic. So the Poison Ailment applies Chaos Damage Over Time. Some skills/builds can deal Chaos damage without it being a DOT. Chaos damage is everywhere in the game (like all other damage types). But the poison ailment strictly deals Chaos Damage over a duration (Damage Over Time). So there isn't actually anything called Poison Damage in PoE. If someone or something says, Poison damage, they just mean "applying the poison ailment to deal chaos damage over time" ;). We apply a poison ailment that deals chaos damage. Make sense? No? Feel free to ask.

4 Link - Wand "Trigger" and Curses (Socket in any 4-link)
Kinetic Blast
Hextouch Support
Enfeeble
Despair
Wand Trigger and Curses
Without repeating too much of what was written in the Animate Weapon section, Kinect Blast is our Wand Attack that will trigger our Spellslinger skills. Since Kinetic Blast is an Attack, it requires Accuracy. We don't invest in accuracy so keep in mind that not every Kinetic Blast attempt will Hit. You won't really notice that as an issue though. I find, that no matter my circumstances, the enemies that I want to be cursed, are cursed. Speaking of Curses...

Every enemy that is hit from Kinetic Blast will be cursed with the linked curses via Hextouch Support. So Kinetic Blast is how you will apply two of your three curses. The curses we have linked here increase the amount of Chaos damage enemies take (Despair) along with making them deal less damage (Enfeeble).

So Kinetic Blast is the key to the build, though it's not ;). Every time you attack with Kinetic Blast, you provide Lingering Blades for Animate Weapon, you animate another Animate Weapon, and you curse an enemy with two curses. Not bad.

4 Link - Golem and Bonuses (Socket in any 4-link)
Cast When Damage Taken
Summon Chaos Golem
Summon Holy Relic
Feeding Frenzy Support
Golem and Bonuses Explained
You can honestly use whichever golem you like. Whichever golem you choose, it'll be a great support. It's attached to CwDT so we never have to bother looking to see if it's dead or not. It also gives ALL OUR MINIONS the Feeding Frenzy buff which gives them increases to damage, movement speed, and attack speed. It also makes the LINKED minion(s) Aggressive. (Aggressive just means they don't stay as close to you as usual and are more eager to kill stuff.)

Summon Holy Relic is also linked to CwDT so you don't have to pay attention to it. Its value for this build is the life regen we get every time (EVERY TIME!) we hit (not "use", "hit") with Kinetic Blast. It'll do damage as well, but not much since we haven't supported it.

4 Link - Offering (Socket in any 4-link)
Cast When Damage Taken (Level 2)
Desecrate (Level 8)
Spirit Offering (Level 8)
Purifying Flame (Level 12)
Offering Explained
CwDT automatically casts linked spells. Linked spells can't be self casted. (For this set of links it's optimal to have CwDT on one of the end links and Desecrate right after it. This will ensure that Desecrate casts before the offering skill. BUT it's not important at all. There are almost always corpses around. I don't reroll socket colours to get this.)

Desecrate guarantees Corpses for our Offering Skill.

Spirit Offering consumes corpses to provide our minions some nice defence but it also gives our minions extra chaos damage. So that's nice.

Purifying Flame puts Consecrated Ground on the ground which gives us and our allies 6% life regen. You can ignore this and you'll find that you're standing on Consecrated Ground quite often just by chance.

The CwDT gem is low-level because I prefer the linked spells to be cast more frequently at lesser values than less frequently at greater values. Purifying Flame's Consecrated Ground's AoE increases slightly at level 12 as well.

3 Link - Lingering Blades (Socket in any 3-link)
Spellslinger
Ethereal Knives or Bladefall (level 9)
- Culling Strike Support
Lingering Blades Explained
Just take note that this also is automatically reserved and cast by Spellslinger. Ethereal Knives or Bladefall is the skill that guarantees us Lingering Blades so our Animate Weapon skill always has blades to animate. I prefer Bladefall for the sake of Culling Strike. BF falls from the sky so its hits won't be interrupted by enemies getting in the way. But Ethereal Knives has a better attribute requirement for this build. One thing to consider is that we have Culling Strike linked to that skill. So anytime your chosen skill hits an enemy with 10% or less health left, they instantly die. ANY enemy!

(We stop levelling Bladefall because of its Dexterity requirement. It doesnt' do damage worth noting for us, The skill is only for the Lingering Blades and Culling Strike, so it's not worth investing in more Dex.

2 Link, 1 Socket - Slow-Mo Blasphemy (Socket in any 3-socket)
Blasphemy Support
Temporal Chains
- Any movement skill you want
Slow-Mo Blasphemy Explained
This is really self-explanatory except for the part where you probably won't have the mana to activate this until your Spellslinger gems are level 17. But once it's on, the Slow-Mo begins...and it's glorious with so much invested into curse efficiency! Also, on the chance that Lesser Poison Support poisons an enemy, which will actually be pretty often, Temporal Chains makes the poison ailment last longer on them.

Temporal Chains is my favourite skill in PoE.

***Remember that you won't be applying all three curses until you have unlocked the ability (from the tree and ascendancy) to have 3 total curses on an enemy.***
Gear
This is my setup if you're interested. I play the same as the guide unless I'm testing something out.

USE ANYTHING YOU WANT! - I like having a shield and a wand instead of two wands. It's just a preference; no right or wrong there.

If you’re new to PoE, check out my One Stop Shop. It gives lots of help and tips on gear, mods, currency, levelling, and endgame mapping. Some good to know stuff that you'd hate not knowing.

- Weapon - Anything wand you like.
- Shield - Anything you like.
- Head - Anything you like.
- Chest - Anything you like.
- Hands - Anything you like.
- Feet - Anything you like.
- Amulet - Anything you like.
- Ring - Anything you like.
- Ring - Anything you like.
- Belt - Anything you like.
- Jewel - Anything you like.
- Flasks - Anything you like. I simply use 3 health flasks (all modified to remove bleeding and 2 Quartz Flasks that remove Chill/Freeze.

***Now don't go being a Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins and think that because this build doesn't require anything specific that you can go and melt end game content with crap gear. Crap gear will clear crap content while amazing gear will clear amazing content. My build/guide style just allows you more freedom to get there...m'kay?

My Dream Mods
Here's an example of some of the mods and gear I'd eventually aim for. Since this is Path of Exile, there are obviously a million different combos of mods that would work for any build. So don't think that this is the best or only combo of mods to aim for. This is just my preference for "non-fancy" gear as an example of what I'd aim for Endgame. So these aren't influenced, Delve specific, Essence mods, or anything. Just easy crafting or normal rolls. So obviously you can maximize this even more. Also, these are unrealistic goals as all these mods are tier 1 rolls. (The # at the beginning of each mod is the item level that T1 mod starts rolling at. The # at the beginning of each item is the map level that base-type starts dropping at.) Anyway, here you go:

(72) Convoking Wand(s) (Only drops in the Lex Ejoris region):
Implicit: - Can roll Minion Modifiers
Prefix:
- (84) - Minions deal (75–79)% increased Damage
- (80) - Minions deal (35–39)% increased Damage/+(42–45) to maximum Mana
- (60) - +1 to Level of all Minion Skill Gems
Suffix:
- (83) - Minions have (23–25)% increased Attack Speed/Minions have (23–25)% increased Cast Speed
- (82) - Minions have (37–40)% increased maximum Life
- (40) - Minions have (26–30)% increased Movement Speed

(64) Ezomyte Tower Shield:
Implicit: - +(30-40) to maximum Life
Prefix:
- (73) - +(100–109) to maximum Life
- (80) - +2 to Level of Socketed Support Gems
- (62) - +(43–95) to Armour/+(29–33) to maximum Life
Suffix:
- (84) - +(46–48)% to Fire/Cold/Lightning Resistance
- (81) - +(31–35)% to Chaos Resistance
- (81) - Regenerate (1–1.1)% of Life per second

(73) Bone Helmet (Only drops in the Lira Arthain region):
Implicit: - Minions deal (15-20)% increased Damage
Prefix:
- (64) - +(90–99) to maximum Life
- (86) - +3 to Level of Socketed Minion Gems
- (81) - +(36–40) to maximum Life/Regenerate 4 Mana per second
Suffix:
- (68) - Minions have (16–20)% increased maximum Life

Chest:
Prefix:
- (86) - +(120–129) to maximum Life
- (60) - (5–8)% increased maximum Life/(5–8)% increased maximum Mana
Suffix:

Gloves:
Prefix:
- (54) - +(80–89) to maximum Life
- (40) - Minions deal (10–20)% increased Damage
Suffix:

(70) Two-Toned Boots (Only drops is the Tirn's End and Lex Proxima regions):
Prefix:
- (81) - (18–20)% increased Movement Speed/Cannot be Chilled
- (46) - +(11–15) to maximum Energy Shield/+(24–28) to maximum Life
Suffix:

(74) Marble Amulet (Only drops in the Haewark Hamlet region):
Implicit: - Regenerate (1.2-1.6)% of Life per second
Prefix:
- Something cool :)
Suffix:
- (85) - +(33–35) to all Attributes
- (82) - +(51–55) to Dexterity
- (60) - Minions have (18–22)% increased Movement Speed

(80) Vermillion Rings (Only drops in the Lex Proxima and New Vastir regions):
Implicit: - (5-7)% increased maximum Life
Prefix:
- (44) - +(70–79) to maximum Life
- Something Cool :)
Suffix:
- (60) - Minions have (18–22)% increased Movement Speed

(1) Stygian Vise (Belt):
Implicit: - Has 1 Abyssal Socket
Prefix:
- (64) - +(90–99) to maximum Life
- Something Cool :)
Suffix:

Flasks:
(60) Divine Life Flask or (65) Eternal Life Flask:
Prefix:
- (2) - +(10–20) to Maximum Charges
Suffix:
- (8) - Immunity to Bleeding during Flask effect/Removes Bleeding on use
(27) Quartz Flask:
Implicit: Phasing/10% chance to Dodge Attack Hits/10% chance to Dodge Spell Hits
Prefix:
- (2) - +(10–20) to Maximum Charges
Suffix:
- (4) - Immunity to Freeze and Chill during Flask effect/Removes Freeze and Chill on use

Weapon Mods:
- Anything Minion
- Any other minor thing that helps (resists, attributes...). This isn't important. It's just a bonus.

Your goal on the rest of your gear is:
- Increases to Maximum life
- Increases to Resists
- Increases to Movement Speed (Typically on Boots)
- Anything Minion
- Ensuring you have high enough attributes for your skills.

***Remember that the only mods that help minion damage SPECIFICALLY SAY "minion" or "ally". Any other improvements to damage only affect you (and you don't do damage).***

Filters:
- I make my own filters AND YOU ARE REQUIRED TO LOVE THEM! Just kidding...but they are awesome. They will make looting a MUCH more relaxing experience. They only filter gear. So if you don't want to miss out on ANY currency these are perfect for you. One filter is guide specific (it only displays gear relevant to all my guides) and the other is a global filter for any build. Details for each tier of each filter are within the filters themselves. Both the "Guide Specific" and the "Everyone" filters are available on all platforms. If you click "Follow" next to the filter that you want, it'll automatically load to your filter list in-game when you login! And it automatically updates upon each login as well!
Passive Tree
Here's 3.14's Passive Tree:

- 3.14's Pastebin - https://pastebin.com/SUyKVHhL - This Pastebin will only work in the Community Fork version of PoB. (Copy the link, open Path of Building, click on “New”, then click “Import/Export Build”, click “Import from Pastebin…”, paste the link.)
- 3.14's Passive Tree on PoE's website.

Ascendancy
As you go through the game you'll come across Trials of Ascendancy. Starting in Act 3 you'll see their value. Once you have completed all 6 of the first set of trails, you'll get to attempt your first Labyrinth (lab). Good luck! Upon completion Choose Occultist. You get two ascendancy points per lab. There are four labs for a total of 8 points. (Redoing the same lab difficulty will not reward you with more ascendancy points if you've already completed it.)

You can spend your points in any order you like. My preference is as follows (defence first):
- 1st Two Points - Profane Bloom. Has a chance to explode enemies upon kill. The explosion this causes can instantly clear a screen. My Favourite part is that enemies cannot be Hexproof. Hexproof means curse proof. So even if a map mod says that enemies are Hexproof, they aren't for you :). Hex/curse away!
- 2nd Two Points - Malediction. Every enemy we curse deals 10% reduced damage and takes 10% increased damage (which is totally different (and much stronger) than simply increasing our own/minion damage), we gain access to our 3rd curse and we greatly increase the effectiveness of our curses. I essentially chose this ascendancy for this keystone.
- 3rd Two Points - Void Beacon. It lowers the Chaos Resist of nearby enemies (basically that's enemies on the screen) and slows their life regen down as well, which is awesome on some huge life regen bosses (Metamorph).
- 4th Two Points - Withering Presence. This increases our Chaos Damage and our personal Chaos Resist, and applies Withered to enemies. All of that is amazing. That's a ton of damage AND chaos resist that isn't needed on gear. Now Wither is a "debuff" per se that Hinders enemies and makes them take extra Chaos Damage. Now this version of Wither is automatically applied to an enemy once a second and lasts for 15 seconds! Each stack of Wither (up to 15) increases the amount of Chaos damage enemies take! Also, the first time enemies come close to us, they are Hindered for a split second. This version of Hinder reduces enemy movement speed and also makes enemies deal reduced Damage Over Time. Crazy node. An awesome way to fully ascend.
Delirium Clusters
I have provided one jewel socket on the outside of the Passive Tree for the sake of Cluster Jewels. In SSF Land you don't know what's going to drop. So the tree is made so that you can clear the Atlas no matter the jewels that drop. You can, therefore, choose which nodes from the provided tree to cut based on what drops. If curse efficiency drops in a jewel, you can remove it from the main tree. If Minion Damage drops, then you can remove that from the tree...and so forth. If you're in a trade league, you'll likely know what you're looking for and should have a plan of what to cut from the provided tree as part of your plan while purchasing.
The skill tree is easy to understand:
You'll start as a Witch. We start as a witch because we want the Occultist Ascendancy (Subclass) and starting as a Witch is the only way to get there. We are going to be the Occultist for its amazing Chaos and Curse /Hex perks.

Levelling Path:
All the nodes on this tree are valuable to the build, but there are 2 nodes build requires. It's your choice which ones you aim for first. You can't go wrong with either choice. Seriously, it's even pros and cons on both sides. The two nodes are Whispers of Doom which gives us the ability to apply an extra curse/hex (it's a Notable in the northwest of the tree), and the mana reservation cluster that leads to the Sovereignty notable (there's also a mana reservation node we need on the Easy side of the tree) which lets us have enough mana to run all Spellslinger skills and our Blasphemy at once. Basically, pick a branch and you'll find it quite naturally balanced with both offence and defence. The tree takes you to level 91 which will be easily achieved with this build. If you make it past 91, pick any nodes you like! If you're the type of person the requires more than guidance, I hug the right on everything. Mapping, my passive trees, everything. So if you just "hug the right" you'll eventually get everything you need in a wonderfully balanced order.

Tree Focuses:
- Curses - This build focuses on curse efficiency which means we need the nodes that improve curse efficiency.
- Life - It does a body good.
- Mana Reservation - To run all Spellslinger skills and our Blasphemy we needed some help. I took the most efficient nodes with the least investment.
- Minion Offence - I've grabbed as many offensive minion nodes as possible.
- Jewels - Jewel slots are amazing. Jewels are items you can find that you can actually allocate on your tree. They can give almost anything from health, damage, resists...anything. We only have two jewel slots selected :(. I'd love to put more in, many other guides would. But I don't have the ability to remember what each of my builds needs if a decent jewel drops while I'm playing. And I don't have the ability to focus on 7 jewels per build are remember what I'm doing. So 2 are plenty enough for me.

You'll see mentions of Doom improvements around the nodes that lead to curse effectiveness. Doom is only applicable to self-cast curses, not to Blasphemies or triggered skills. So it's something you can ignore.

Don't forget about attributes. The tree almost provides all the attributes we need for our skills. You'll pass some nodes on the tree that give +30 Attributes. If you don't have items to cover what you're short in, feel free to select some of these as you pass them. You'll get respec points that will let you remove them later once you have better gear. (Amulets are an easy way to gain attributes you're short in.)

Now, feel free to modify this in any way. This is just my preference for easy Solo Self Found.

Take your time to look at each passive node as they come along. Some of the nodes are pretty dramatic.

Some quests earn you respec points in case you regret any decisions you made on the tree. You can also use Orbs of Regret for the same thing.
Pantheon
Choose any you like as they come across. I personally like physical damage reduction but there are no make or break options here. Just personal preference.
Bandits
For the Bandits in Act 2, do what you like, but I kill them all for the extra two skill points.
Attributes
You'll get most of the attributes that you require to use your gems from the tree. You'll need a little bit of Strength and A LOT of Dexterity.

You'll Be Short:
Strength: 0
Dexterity: 77
Intelligence: 0

Needing 77 Dex is quite a lot. Keep your eye out for gear with Dex. Amulets can roll lots of high attributes so keep your eyes peeled for some good Dex amulets. Feel free to take the +30 attribute nodes if you're struggling to find gear to help you level. You can always respec in small amounts later.

From the Tree You'll Get:
Strength: 174
Dexterity: 34
Intelligence: 292

Your Gems Need:
Strength: 70
Dexterity: 111 (155 with Bladefall)
Intelligence: 155

Gameplay/Expectations (How the Build Functions When It's All Setup)
This build is really easy to play. Sooooo easy.

Quick Version: Attack with Kinetic Blast and move around. Everything else is automatic.

Slightly Detailed Version: This build's offence is 100% minions. We do no damage ourselves. Our defence for the most part is all curses.

Offence: Our minion skill requires Lingering Blades (or Normal melee weapons that have dropped) to exist. Every time our "Lingering Blade skill" goes off it'll put a few Lingering Blades on the ground for us to click on which summons our animated weapons. We'll eventually have 14 of them running around. Remember that we have 14 main minions. So if we only have one enemy in front of us, they'll die quickly. If all 14 minions are attacking 14 different enemies, things will be a little slower. The pros and cons of having lots of minions.

All minion nodes we have, increase minion damage generically, no matter the type of damage they're doing. We've made their support gems revolve around Chaos Damage. So the rest of the build's offensive support revolves around the Chaos Damage that the Weapons deal.

Poison: has an infinite cap. So you can poison an enemy as much as you can and all the stacks of poison will stack/overlap until they expire. So increasing our minions' attack speed along with their damage really improves how much damage poisoned enemies take. Couple that with increasing the duration of each poison (Temporal Chains) and you have a nice bonus to our DPS. Poison chance from Lesser Poison Support wasn't a focus but it was innately included with the chaos damage Lesser Poison Support provided. So now you know about poison :).

Defence: Our primary defence are the two defensive curses: Enfeeble and Temporal Chains (I love that TC helps out our offence). The ascendancy nodes are huge impacts defensively. Though most of the ascendancy nodes are offensive, they help us defensively. The Hinder, slower life regen, and increase to curse/hex effectiveness are the big ones. Don't underestimate the power of the curses. If you're a curse doubter, I think you'll be wonderfully surprised. Also, Profane Bloom explodes corpses which is huge survivability in large groups.

Keep in mind, lots of little extra perks happen when we get hit. When you check the gem section, you'll see that getting hit has its benefits, both offensive and defensive, as it refreshes many of our active support skills like our golem (Feeding Frenzy), offering, Consecrate Ground, etc.

How Minions Work:
Minion damage only increases with items, gems, or passive tree nodes that specifically increase "minion damage". If a node on the tree or mod on an item doesn't specify "minion", it won't be useful at all. So something that says, "Increases your damage by 30%" won't improve your minions' damage. In this build your character will do almost no damage, only your minions will.

Minions ARE considered Allies. So auras, nodes, or items that improve allies will benefit our minions. (Not every skill that reserves mana is an aura.)

Minions are NOT considered Party Members and will not gain any benefit from Party Member benefits.

Our minions Attack enemies, they don't Cast spells. So anything that improves minion/ally Attack Speed will help our build, but not Cast Speed (that's for spells).

Lastly, minions are their own entity. Once you bring them into the world, they attack who they want. Some minions are summoned, others are raised. Summoned minions (like the Skeletons) don't follow you but will keep attacking and chasing enemies within their attack radius. These minions have a duration. Other minions are raised, such as Zombies. They do not have a duration and will stay raised until dead. These types of minions will follow us wherever we go. They will also follow the lead of summoned minions as well. Oddly enough, our duration minions will follow you around...just to confuse you a little more.

Lastly lastly, minions don't care about you. So if you're taking damage, they aren't going to run back and help you. You have to help yourself.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Media (Videos/Filters/Tools/Links/Social Media)
- Here's 3.14's gameplay example video.
- My SLOW-MO GUNSLINGER playlist showing my most recent sessions with the build.
- My broadcast channel. Twitch keeps the last 14 days worth of broadcasts. I don't always play awake, but I'd rather play than not :).

Filters:
- I make my own filters AND YOU ARE REQUIRED TO LOVE THEM! Just kidding...but they are awesome. They will make looting a MUCH more relaxing experience. They only filter gear. So if you don't want to miss out on ANY currency these are perfect for you. One filter is guide specific (it only displays gear relevant to all my guides) and the other is a global filter for any build. There are four tiers of strictness per filter. Details for each tier of each filter are within the filters themselves. Both the "Guide Specific" and the "Everyone" filters are available on all platforms. If you click "Follow" next to the filter that you want, it'll automatically load to your filter list in-game when you login! And it automatically updates upon each login as well!

Social:
- Forever Exiled - A Path of Exile Podcast is a PoE podcast hosted by both Tagz and myself. We talk about everything Path of Exile...and only PoE. If you're looking for a podcast run by casual gamers but lovers of PoE, feel free to check it out!
- My Twitter. I only use my Twitter account to give updates on PoE stuff like my guides and filters. I don't use Twitter for anything personal. So if you want updates about when guides are done or filter corrections have been updated, feel free to follow.

Software:
- PoEMate - My primary build planning tool. It's mobile. (If the link doesn't work in your area, just search PoEMate in your mobile store. Hopefully, it's available in your region. Every league it's updated faster than any other tool I use.)
- FORK Path of Building - Another planner I use.
- Yolo Mouse - If you have a hard time keeping track of your mouse during gameplay, try this out. I use it for all my PC games and I'd die 100x more in PoE if it wasn't for this little program.

Build Links:
- 3.14's Pastebin - https://pastebin.com/SUyKVHhL - This Pastebin will only work in the Community Fork version of PoB. (Copy the link, open Path of Building, click on “New”, then click “Import/Export Build”, click “Import from Pastebin…”, paste the link.)
- 3.14's Passive Tree on PoE's website.
The guide continues below :)
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jul 20, 2021, 3:52:39 PM
Last bumped on Jul 27, 2021, 4:58:58 PM
Levelling
SHUT UP Wrecker! I JUST WANT TO PLAY! (3.14's guide in one picture)
Ok! Yikes...you could have at least said "please" or something...

In my opinion, there are two types of "levellers" in PoE:

1. The first is a player that knows the game well enough that, no matter the guide/build, they have no need for direction.
2. The second is a player that wants to be able to level like the person I just mentioned.

Though newer PoE players may find PoE daunting, I feel the most efficient way to learn PoE is to make decisions for yourself. I think you'll be surprised how quickly you catch on to each mechanic you start playing with. So this section won't be about holding your hand and giving you a step-by-step process. It'll guide and encourage you to choose between the pros and cons your character will constantly face...while levelling and selecting gear. I know, I know, you hate me. But maybe you'll thank me later? Maybe?

(Remember, I have some tips for new players in my One Stop Shop that'll help in the overall PoE experience that any levelling process will benefit from. Below are tips for levelling this character, not general levelling tips.)
Where to Get All the Gems You'll Need
There are two NPCs that sell all purchasable gems: the first one is Siosa in the Library in Act 3 (you have to do his quest first (the Library is connected to The Imperial Gardens)), the second NPC is Lilly Roth in Act 6 (Do her quest in Act 6).

Act 1 - Enemy at the Gate - Purchase - Level 1 - Ethereal Knives
Act 1 - Enemy at the Gate - Purchase - Level 1 - Purifying Flame
Act 1 - Mercy Mission - Reward - Level 1 - Lesser Poison Support
Act 1 - Breaking Some Eggs - Purchase - Level 4 - Animate Weapon
Act 1 - Breaking Some Eggs - Purchase - Level 4 - Summon Holy Relic
Act 1 - The Caged Brute - Reward - Level 8 - Minion Damage Support
Act 1 - The Siren's Cadence - Purchase - Level 12 - Spirit Offering
Act 2 - Intruders in Black - Reward - Level 16 - Desecrate
Act 2 - Sharp and Cruel - Purchase - Level 18 - Culling Strike Support
Act 3 - Lost in Love - Reward - Level 24 - Spellslinger (x2)
Act 3 - Lost in Love - Purchase - Level 24 - Despair
Act 3 - Lost in Love - Purchase - Level 24 - Enfeeble
Act 3 - Sever the Right Hand - Reward - Level 28 - Kinetic Blast
Act 3 - Sever the Right Hand - Purchase - Level 28 - Bladefall
Act 3 - A Fixture of Fate - Purchase - Level 24 - Temporal Chains
Act 3 - A Fixture of Fate - Reward - Level 31 - Blasphemy Support
Act 3 - A Fixture of Fate - Purchase - Level 31 - Added Chaos Damage Support
Act 3 - A Fixture of Fate - Purchase - Level 31 - Feeding Frenzy Support
Act 4 - Breaking the Seal - Reward - Level 34 - Summon Chaos Golem
Act 4 - The Eternal Nightmare - Purchase - Level 38 - Cast when Damage Taken Support (x2)
Act 4 - The Eternal Nightmare - Purchase - Level 38 - Hextouch Support
Act 6 - Fallen From Grace - Purchase - Level 38 - Vile Toxins Support

(Let me know if you see any errors in the list.)
Which Quests to Do?
- I suggest doing every quest in the game. It doesn't take too much longer and you'll get some nice bonus gear to help the SSF process. For those that just want to rush to the Endgame, here's a link to all the quests that give Passive Points as a reward. You don't want to miss those.

Bandits
- With the Bandits in Act 2, I kill them all for the extra 2 skill points. You, of course, do what you like.

The Lord's Labyrinth
- Here's a list of all the lab trials for the first three labyrinths (the trials for the fourth lab are found randomly in endgame maps).

How to Level the Build
What Skill(s) Should I Use
- Our main skill, Animate Weapon, is available right away. So is a Lingering Blades skill (Ethereal Knives). If for some reason you don't want to use our skill right off the bat, you can use Summon Raging Spirits (SRS) or Summon Skeleton. You'll want to keep a mana flask for SRS. Feel free to use SRS until any point in the game, just be sure that you're levelling the build's gems too. Animate Weapon/SRS-Minion Damage-Summon Phantasm is a great 3 link to level with.

This build is really easy to level as all the major gems you need are available naturally and early on to the Witch. You'll likely only use alternate levelling gems until you unlock Spellsinger at 24.

Passive Tree
- You can honestly go in any direction you like. The main points to the tree are: life nodes for you, minion nodes, curse effectiveness, and mana reservation. No matter the direction you choose, if you pick all nodes as they come across without skipping any, you'll have a very balanced character as you level. There really isn't a wrong way to go. There isn't anything wrong with getting any major nodes early or later on. Your mana reservation nodes and Whispers of Doom are required to make the build function fully but aren't needed for levelling.
- If you have to be told what to do in order to progress ;), progress on your tree like I progress my maps; "hug the right wall". There's no reason for it though. I just like turning right :).

Gear
- Gear is so easy here. Minions only benefit from terms that specifically say Minion or Ally, and most of those mods don't drop while you're levelling. So you're really only looking for gear for yourself that has better life and resists than what you currently have equipped. It's really that simple. High-five for minions!
Endgame Mods to Avoid
At the end of the game, the levels (maps) you try and clear will have random modifiers (mods) allocated to them. There are A LOT of mods that can go on a map.

This build should avoid maps that roll Players cannot Regenerate Life, Mana or Energy Shield and physical reflect. We need mana to attack with our wand, which in turn, does everything ;). You could do mana flasks to get around this but I don't like the risk of having my mana flask(s) empty in a boss battle. Maps that reflect Physical damage will kill our AW minions really quick.

Some other map mods might be inconvenient, but they won't be impossible to run.

You'll learn your personal preferences the more you play. If you hate dying, pay attention to map mods. They can modify your playstyle slightly no matter the build.
My Filters
Oh my goodness! A link! You should click on it. Definitely. WOW! Look at all those pretty green FOLLOW buttons. You should press them all ;).
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Wrecker_of_Days/item-filters

I LOVE FILTERS! So, I make my own filters! THEY ARE AMAZING ;). For me, making filters is just as fun as playing Path of Exile. If you're looking to cut down on the amount of garbage on your screen but don't actually want to miss anything, my filters are right up your alley. They only filter equippable items. Everything else will show. I've made two types of filters:

1 - A filter that only shows gear relevant to my guides.
2 - A filter for everyone that's relevant for all builds.

Each of the above filters has 4 tiers of strictness you'll want to Follow:

1. Starting Off (Used for levelling until you're mapping comfortably.)
2. Tops-84s-Fancies-Atlas (Used when you are only looking for the top bases of each class.)
3. 84s-Fancies-Atlas (Used when you only care about gear item level 84+.)
4. Fancies-Atlas (Used when you only want Fancy gear like Atlas Drops, Influenced gear, etc.)

The descriptions of each are on the filter page, with all the details you want, explained within.

(Because I have two filters (2), each with four tiers(2*4=8), posted for all 3 platforms (2*4*3=24), my filter list is quite large. So just be sure you're Following the filters you want for the platform you want. It's easy to mix it up with a list that large.)

Please let me know if you have any feedback or see any errors you may find within the filters...otherwise, I hope they enhance your PoE experience!

If my filters interest you, once you've clicked on the provided link, click "Follow" next to the filter(s) that you want. It'll automatically load to your filter list in-game when you login AND it automatically updates upon each login as well!
Forever Exiled - A Path of Exile Podcast
https://www.foreverexiled.com/

If you're looking for a Podcast that's 100% Path of Exile, my buddy Tagz and I have exactly that! A podcast that is 100% about Path of Exile! We put out an episode once a week and talk about all things Path of Exile 100% of the time.

Tagz started playing Path of Exile 100% of the time in Beta (April 2012) and I started playing Path of Exile 100% of the time in 2014. We play Path of Exile completely different, 100%. (His ways suck 100%, mine don't...100%. (In other words, he crushes Path of Exile 100% and I hate him for it...100% true.))

If you check out the podcast, let us know what you think. We've grown like crazy! 100% Serious. It's insane. So the more feedback we get the better.

Thanks 100% for the listens!
Awesome. So if you have any questions let me know and I'll respond the best I can. Don't feel embarrassed. Ask anything you like. It's easy to miss/overlook details in the guide or on the wiki. Likely someone else wants to know the answer too :). (I likely won't have time to evaluate characters (sorry!) but I've listed in general what mods to look for on your items so you know what to look for and improve upon. Don't forget to check my One Stop Shop for tips if you're new too.)

Replies: Feel free to respond to other players' posts! The more that's out there, the more we learn. Please be kind, respectful, and theoretical (not a Know-It-All) when helping others out. I will happily respond to questions but please note that I have multiple guides and I'd like to respond to each equally. I’ll do my best to get back to you as quickly as possible but set your expectations that I'll respond to each guide once a week. (Too much time responding to guides makes an unhappy spouse...an unhappy spouse means less time for guide replies...less time for guide replies makes an unhappy me...Unhappy spouse + unhappy me = an epic hockey fight with sweet uppercuts which I would obviously lose...a lost hockey fight against my spouse = busted hands that I can't type with, no teeth to voice type with, and black eyes that I can't read with. So one build a day, m'kay? K.)

Here's a list of my other guides if you're interested :).

OH! Don't forget, to support GGG by buying a skin for all your favourite skills you use. They last forever, you look rad, and it keeps PoE going too :).

Double OH! I make a new thread every league for every guide I do. So all the comments, questions, and answers you read are all relevant for this current expansion. (At the end of a league I post links in the previous guide to guide players to the newest rendition of the build.)

Tripple Oh! Please let me know if you see any errors. I'll fix them as soon as possible!

Change Log (for returning players)
Welcome back! :)

- I removed Steelskin and replaced it with Summon Holy Relic which in turn lowered our strength requirement from 155 to 70.
- I added Physical Reflect as a map mod to avoid.
- I emphasized a lower level Bladefall over a fully levelled Ethereal Knives a bit more.

That's it! It's the same besides that.

LOVE YA!
K. Done. Happy gaming :).

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Apr 20, 2021, 5:06:07 PM
Mine

Annnnnd

Good Day, Sir ! I'm skiped last 3 or even 4 leagues, so i'm miss up some changes in your builds. If i'm right that's a kinda rework of your Curse trigger happy Vortex build ? If yes - thats awesome! now it's time to came back here and trying to push 100 in SSFHC. It's will be chalenge for me, how do you think, thats poissible to get that?
"
b4nehallow wrote:
Spoiler
Good Day, Sir ! I'm skiped last 3 or even 4 leagues, so i'm miss up some changes in your builds. If i'm right that's a kinda rework of your Curse trigger happy Vortex build ? If yes - thats awesome! now it's time to came back here and trying to push 100 in SSFHC. It's will be chalenge for me, how do you think, thats poissible to get that?
Welcome back b4nehallow! Take your time and have a great time. There's lots of new content to re-discover.

This build is kind of a mesh between the old Curse Happy and Slow-Mo Zombies. Zombies are now pure physical tanks while this build is still curse happy...I just force minions on it instead of Vortex :).

Good luck with 100! I've never done it. I don't plan my builds around HC at all. Once you're comfortable with the build, you'll definitely want to make your own changes to make the experience as natural as possible.

Good luck!

Annnnnd

Have a great league launch everyone! See ya tomorrow!

Annnnnd

If I want to replace the golem and relic CWDT, I'm assuming Minion Speed would be the way to go? More hits = more Frenzy.
@Wrecker_of_Days Can you suggest unique items for this build please?
Last edited by Shelobb on Apr 17, 2021, 2:56:54 AM
Hey, what about adding Summon Phantasm to the main skill for one other Gem?
Would it also be an option to automate the Desecrate/Spirit Offering combo with the "Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill" craft?

Is that one not mentioned because the craft is not that trivial to get, or because I am missing something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info