The Truth about Albino Rhoa Feathers

The Albino Rhoa is running away from you. So you can define the direction he runs. What is if the Rhoa Feather is like the Standard of Heroes in Diablo2, meaning worthless. Perhaps you need to do something with the Albino Rhoa itself instead of collecting the feathers.

Someone tested what happens if you navigate the Rhoa in a way that he consolidate with the boss?
Or let him run over the Rhoa nests?
Or something else with the Rhoa itself?
You probably make a fish lure with this thing and cast the newly crafted fishing rod into the water.

When this recipe is identified, we will now understand how people have stacks Exalts and Mirrors.
Okay, let it be known.

Create a new character.
Do not do the glyphs quest in mudflats.(works only in normal difficulty)
Find albino rhoa and chase it over nests.(Do not kill it.)
Open nests, get glyphs.
Put the glyphs in the wall, enter into a secret level.

Wont spoil the rest.
I've gone through mudflats at least 300-400 times... never seen an albino rhoa... :(
181% Spell Crit Statstick!
Mirror Service Thread: 2252231
IGN: Shinuri
You get one from vendoring a fishing rod so i guess the two are connected; if at all...
There's a minor clue dropped by a developer in this thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409553/page/7

"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Tell me something I don't know about the Albino Rhoa Feather.

Despite aggressively trying to find one on the live servers, I never have.

A player was kind enough to give me one of these a while back, and it sits in my stash to this day:

My staff account doesn't have any level 25+ characters on it, so I can't use it on my playing account :(

Evidently you have to be at least level 25 to use an ARF.

And [Abimilech] went to his father’s house at Ophrah and killed his brothers the sons of Jerubbaal, seventy men, on one stone. Judges 9:5 (English Standard Version)
"
Abimilech wrote:

or his other char has the fishing rod...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Abimilech wrote:
There's a minor clue dropped by a developer in this thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409553/page/7

"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Tell me something I don't know about the Albino Rhoa Feather.

Despite aggressively trying to find one on the live servers, I never have.

A player was kind enough to give me one of these a while back, and it sits in my stash to this day:

My staff account doesn't have any level 25+ characters on it, so I can't use it on my playing account :(

No, he is suggesting that he can't trade it to his other account, because you can't trade currency until you're level 25.
This is everything I have found/searched for re: Fishing and the ARF in the forums.

Spoiler
I believe the feathers increase the drop chance for a rod, but you have to be wearing the tricorne for it to be a possibility at all. I'm also under the impression that the feathers are an essential part of interacting with Krillson, though again I have to find him again to confirm.

Afaik the main things that boost the chances are:

- Eternalling the tricorne (though the tricorne must be worn no matter what, unless in coward's trail)

- Running 3 circles around the waypoint after entering a new instance

- Typing #Jabberjawsyoloswag in global chat at the start of each new instance

- Carrying a stack of feathers as you farm

And an imprint of a Fairgrave's Tricorne. It's also possible there are other requirements I don't know yet.

You can't find the rod without wearing a Tricorne unless it's in Coward's Trail (which ignores drop requirements). Feathers and other stuff greatly improve the chances of it dropping, but I believe the Tricorne is an actual requirement.

afaik means as far as I know (ie, not sure).

Can't reveal my item ever, even after it's found, I made a promise to GGG. Others can find it and do what they want, idc. Sorry, don't mean to be rude but I got the rod i I needed so don't really care whether you believe me or not, makes no difference.

All these people who don't believe in fishing are going to look like a bunch of idiots when my unique comes out. Just sayin'.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, just so I don't get accused of having any insider info or anything dumb like that: Rhoa feathers are fishing related. No joke

I've already clearly stated that the feathers can be used in conjunction with another item as part of PoE's fishing mechanics. I wasn't kidding, despite what everyone claims.

We have to wait for the NPC from Sarn. It's not possible to go fishing without him afaik.

Though honestly, that's something that confuses me, because I've seen screenshots of other people fishing and I couldn't see him there. The mystery deepens?

You actually just need the Tricorne afaik, though there seem to be other things that increase the rod droprate. The imprint is for when you meet Krillson, or at least it seems to be, I have to find him again to be sure.

...but the tricorne doesn't just help, you straight up can't get the rod without it outside of Coward's Trail.

Not anymore, but incidentally, you do have a higher chance of finding a rod in Dread Thicket than in most other areas.

Again, for the billionth time, the item I designed is fishing related and not SotS. I can't tell you what it is, but it should be pretty easy to guess.

The following info is 100% accurate, no trolling involved:

I agreed with Chris that I wouldn't tell anyone what my custom designed item is (the one I got from my Diamond supporter thing), so I won't. However, I can tell you that it is related to fishing, and that it is NOT SotS. I can also tell you that my item is obtainable now. Just because people haven't found something, that doesn't mean it can't be found (caught? :s), especially if said people don't even believe that the something is real in the first place.

~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DoubleU wrote:
This is everything I have found/searched for re: Fishing and the ARF in the forums.

There's a whole bunch of trolling inside this. And even what isn't isn't useful.
Like, "I have created a unique related to something that could just be a huge troll, and I won't be giving you any information about it, but I do swear it is true.". How can you take this seriously?
Even the existence of the Albino Rhoa could be a troll in itself, even though it's unlikely. I've personnally never seen an Albino Rhoa, despite chaining for hours the Mud Flats.

I wish GGG weren't such trolls and would at least tell us whether there's something to discover or not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info