[3.21] Cold Conversion Summoner | Build guides for all budgets | (Ghazzy Zoomancer)

"
"
DeerFart wrote:

This is where I am at now - i feel like I am dying ALOT (because I am). Is Auls / Skin the only way to go at this point?

Looking for any pointers/advice!

1) You are too underleveled. I would not recommend taking 2 Cluster trees till lvl 98 or so.
2) We don't use MoM. Remove it.
3) In defensive setup Skin of the Lord must have Phase Acro on it to provide us with maximum defense.
4) Our gem links now are: SKitterbots, Bonechill, Unbound Ailments. We don't use Stone Golem.
5) You have too much Strength
6) You don't have a Curse ring. Take a +1 Curse chest you have on and buy a new ring.
7) You have 4sec Trigger Wand. I'd recommend you using OOS, Storm Brand, Flesh Offering trigger setup. Mana may be an issue, if it is - craft non-channeling mana cost on a ring.
8) I'd recommend swap Phase Run, Grace, Enhance on Haste, Second Wind on Second Wind, Vaal Grace, Desecrate.
9) I'm not sure, the Defensive Setup still works after all the Flask nerfs. The author of the build has not played this league.
10) You have to have at least 1 Abyss Jewel with "Minions taunt on hit" and 1 with "Minions blind on hit" (both mods can be on a single Jewel). These mods skyrocket our survivability.

After all, expect having 4.5-5k hp. Under AG's protective buffs, perma chills of monsters nearby, taunts and blinds it's enough. However we are not a Jugg and can't facetank everything.

I have a slot for an extra curse - should I go Frostbite Hextouch in wand?
"
DeerFart wrote:

I have a slot for an extra curse - should I go Frostbite Hextouch in wand?

No, you should get an Unset Ring with Frostbite on hit. Good versions are pretty pricey, tbh.
P.S. you should have Desecrate in your gems, as it provides you with Flesh Offering on boss arenas, as there are no naturally-spawned corpses.
Last edited by Its_OP on Sep 18, 2021, 3:06:29 PM
Greetings, I would like to ask for advice from the council on what to upgrade next. I have around 12 exalted to spend. I am not unhappy with this build, but I'd love to hear your impressions about it. What would you buy next? (I am eyeing Bottled Faith atm, or a +2 amulet).

5776 life + Bone Armor + Magna Eclipsis might be overkill for defense but it keeps it relaxing.

Animate guardian is the budget 10c guardian setup from the first post.

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/GaFvp6hB

Items:
Spoiler

To also contribute with something, I'd like to share my trigger setup: I have Convocation and Flesh Offering in my wand (+ inc duration), and an Armageddon's Brand in a ring. This way, minions nicely follow me (I was afraid of it at first), and I can do everything with 3 buttons: Bone Armor LMB, Dash middle, brand RMB. I think I might have already posted this, but it is a very enjoyable setup for myself.
Last edited by Eti88 on Sep 18, 2021, 4:47:14 PM
"
Eti88 wrote:
Greetings, I would like to ask for advice from the council on what to upgrade next. I have around 12 exalted to spend. I am not unhappy with this build, but I'd love to hear your impressions about it. What would you buy next? (I am eyeing Bottled Faith atm, or a +2 amulet).

5776 life + Bone Armor + Magna Eclipsis might be overkill for defense but it keeps it relaxing.

Animate guardian is the budget 10c guardian setup from the first post.

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/GaFvp6hB

Items:
Spoiler

To also contribute with something, I'd like to share my trigger setup: I have Convocation and Flesh Offering in my wand (+ inc duration), and an Armageddon's Brand in a ring. This way, minions nicely follow me (I was afraid of it at first), and I can do everything with 3 buttons: Bone Armor LMB, Dash middle, brand RMB. I think I might have already posted this, but it is a very enjoyable setup for myself.

Firstly, Convocation in the Trigger Setup is a mistake. Your DPS directly depends on your positioning of the minions and Convocation is the most effective adjuster. I doubt that Bottled Faith is worth its money for you rn. +2 Wand with minion dmg / AS is likely to contribute much more to the build. You also don't have AG active in your PoB, the numbers are inaccurate rn. You may buy a Kingmaker as it is likely not too expensive after 2 month of the league. Assassin's Mark grants not too much DPS for your minions. Replace AM ring with a regular +3 ring, equip your AG with a Windscream and EW on hit gloves.
"

7) You have 4sec Trigger Wand. I'd recommend you using OOS, Storm Brand, Flesh Offering trigger setup. Mana may be an issue, if it is - craft non-channeling mana cost on a ring.

Why this combo?
"

Firstly, Convocation in the Trigger Setup is a mistake. Your DPS directly depends on your positioning of the minions and Convocation is the most effective adjuster. I doubt that Bottled Faith is worth its money for you rn. +2 Wand with minion dmg / AS is likely to contribute much more to the build. You also don't have AG active in your PoB, the numbers are inaccurate rn. You may buy a Kingmaker as it is likely not too expensive after 2 month of the league. Assassin's Mark grants not too much DPS for your minions. Replace AM ring with a regular +3 ring, equip your AG with a Windscream and EW on hit gloves.

Thanks!

I'll definitely try getting a better trigger wand. I haven't bought Kingmaker and the other more expensive items (e.g., Garb) so far, but maybe it is about time to start investing into AG.
"
DeerFart wrote:
"

Why this combo?

OOS and Storm Brand hit multiple enemies with high frequency by lightning damage (that also chains). You also don't need a source of Ele dmg to spells with them.
"
"
DeerFart wrote:
"

Why this combo?

OOS and Storm Brand hit multiple enemies with high frequency by lightning damage (that also chains). You also don't need a source of Ele dmg to spells with them.

I see - it does look like mana will be a problem however - I only have 165 unreserved :( - Back to the drawing board.
"
DeerFart wrote:

I see - it does look like mana will be a problem however - I only have 165 unreserved :( - Back to the drawing board.

As I've mentioned, if it is the case - just craft "-mana cost of non-channeling". In case mana still a problem, reduce level of the Lightning Gems in Trigger.
"
"
DeerFart wrote:

As I've mentioned, if it is the case - just craft "-mana cost of non-channeling". In case mana still a problem, reduce level of the Lightning Gems in Trigger.

I tested this and it just seems like BV is WAY for reliable at distributing curses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info