[Outdated] Lancing Steel Raider | SoftCore | Not league starter viable anymore

"
Thanks for the write up! I'm Ready to come back to playing a raider / deadeye again and this looks fun for what I want to try out this league.

Hi! Thank you very much for replying! I really hope you liked the build and have lots of fun! Raider got really buffed with 3.13 ascendancy changes, it's a really good time to try out that awesome ascendancy.
Fell in love with PoE and now it's my crack.
Hi! Many thanks for the guide, gonna start and try to min-max it in 3.14 :)
One question: I watched your videos and your steel shards are refreshing from time to time, but you aren't using Call of Steel (for example Simulacrum video, I even watched it in 0.25 speed lol). Do we have another source of shards or I'm missing something?
"
Privetiki wrote:
Hi! Many thanks for the guide, gonna start and try to min-max it in 3.14 :)
One question: I watched your videos and your steel shards are refreshing from time to time, but you aren't using Call of Steel (for example Simulacrum video, I even watched it in 0.25 speed lol). Do we have another source of shards or I'm missing something?

Heya! Thanks for replying! Hope you liked the build! Actually Call of Steel is the only source of steel shards in the build. I'm always using Call Of Steel whenever I gain shards, you simply don't see it in the hotkeys because I set it in the last quick access slot which is set to space bar.
Also, I use it really fast because of the Lord of Steel jewel that, as mentioned in the basic build mechanics section, makes CoS basically a instant cast.

By the way, thanks for asking, you gave me the idea to put that info into the guide.

Last edited by Leckarion on Apr 14, 2021, 3:56:55 PM
Great guide! I think I'm going to league start this!! Do you think leveling as Raider will be difficult or do you think Deadeye is the play? This will be my second league start so I'm still a noob:)
"
kpelkey151 wrote:
Great guide! I think I'm going to league start this!! Do you think leveling as Raider will be difficult or do you think Deadeye is the play? This will be my second league start so I'm still a noob:)

Heya, thanks for the reply! Glad you liked the guide! I recommend Deadeye because of the free chain she gets and tailwind you can get early, since it will improve your clear speed in the campaign. Raider is viable for leveling, but a bit less effective. If you opt for leveling as Raider, you can allocate the ascendacies the same way I mention in the guide since that is the most damage efficient order to allocate the points.

Have fun on Ultimatum!
Quick question on the dread banner and Fortify. Do you ever place it for Fort or would it make sense to try to old school move skill with Fortify on whirling blades?
"
Quick question on the dread banner and Fortify. Do you ever place it for Fort or would it make sense to try to old school move skill with Fortify on whirling blades?

Yo! I use Dread Banner for fortify when needed, most of the times in the high-end it's unecessary since you'll either gain more life on hit than you lose or kill things before they can kill you. If something is going to one-shot you, you probably should be avoiding that anyways instead of trying to tank it with fortify. I don't use attacks to trigger fortify because they can and will trigger the mirage saviours resulting in a huge dps and clear speed loss. You definitively don't want to see a mirage jumping and bonking on the head of your enemies.
"
Leckarion wrote:

Yo! I use Dread Banner for fortify when needed, most of the times in the high-end it's unecessary since you'll either gain more life on hit than you lose or kill things before they can kill you. If something is going to one-shot you, you probably should be avoiding that anyways instead of trying to tank it with fortify. I don't use attacks to trigger fortify because they can and will trigger the mirage saviours resulting in a huge dps and clear speed loss. You definitively don't want to see a mirage jumping and bonking on the head of your enemies.

Oh that totally makes sense, I didn't think about the Saviors. Thanks!
Been looking for a raider build to try since the 3.13 changes, this one looks fun... will be trying it as my league starter! Thanks for the guide!
"
Khaidu wrote:
Been looking for a raider build to try since the 3.13 changes, this one looks fun... will be trying it as my league starter! Thanks for the guide!

Heya! Thanks for replying! I'm glad you liked the guide and the build. Good luck with the drops and have fun this next season!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info