[3.17] The Frozen Garden - Elementalist Permafreeze Arc Mines (3.17 partial, recommend self cast)

I was not impressed by the mapping DPS and thought that the bossing DPS would be even worse, but the bossing DPS looked incredible?! Did you swap any gems? Im confused why Baran and Hydra went down so fast but some rare mobs took more than one hit to kill.

I love freezing and I love arc so this build really fit what I am looking for. Can you help me understand the "lack" of damage when mapping?

Edit:
Would Cold snap be a way to add chilled ground if using Algor Mortis? Never used those gloves before.
Last edited by Papaloco667 on Mar 21, 2021, 3:18:58 PM
No swaps whatsoever, though the Beach map was done with +75 res to everything because of a mistake, I was using Ice Golem for EE for a bit and forgot it's a no-no :D

Mostly it's just that Arc has a wide damage range.
Also, the Arcanist Brand gives a big dps boost, as well as EE from the Golem, Flasks. ...and Shock and Chill are only after the 1st hit (so no 40% Hypothermia or 60% Shock on the first hit, lower crit...).
Don't worry about it, it's not an issue, the build works fine.

If you wanna use Algor Mortis I'd use a rare sceptre with Trigger Socketed Gems, and put Cold Snap there, and that would replace the Arcanist Brand. I didn't do it because I got the gloves late and at this point I'd rather have the Life, but that was the original plan. It would also raise the gap between "boss dps" and "clear dps".
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Mar 21, 2021, 5:41:52 PM
Can i get leveling tree plss @@

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Last edited by CantripN on Mar 29, 2021, 10:50:44 AM
3.14 Changes:
1) Primal Aegis 100 per Notable to 75 per Notable. Not a huge deal, still worth it.
2) Vaal Arc is probably going to be better, even more reason to use it.
3) Wave of Conviction got a nerf. Ok. Maybe worth using something else for Exposure now? We'll see. Still good.
4) Corrupted Soul is 15% instead of 20%. Ok.
5) Vigilant Strike + The Vigil is no longer worth it as an option, probably?

Unrelated nerfs that make this better vs other Miners:
6) Chainbreaker / Divergent Berserk is dead.
7) Ingidon Mines are dead.

Build is very much alive and kicking ass! :D

Last edited by CantripN on Apr 12, 2021, 6:09:06 PM
So with the mana changes the build gonna need a mana flask and its gonna be fine if im currect, wihtout that i think it would feel kinda clunky (well depens on the mana cost)
"
Heely337 wrote:
So with the mana changes the build gonna need a mana flask and its gonna be fine if im currect, wihtout that i think it would feel kinda clunky (well depens on the mana cost)

Hmm? No, that actually didn't do anything for this build, not even a little. That change only matters for Indigon Mines. Before the change you still lost the Mana the same.

You can outregen the loss with Clarity either way, but using a Mana flask is fine, too, just not a must.

If anything, you might have an easier time even in some cases, since Inspiration would lower the mana cost now? I need to see gems to know.

Last edited by CantripN on Apr 12, 2021, 6:45:31 PM
Looks cool, tempted to shelve GC Sabo to try this one out. Would you say this can clear reds comfortably with just the core items of Tremor/Three Dragons? The thing I like about Saboteur is that I just rush maps in few hours, grind enough for Tremor+Jeweller's touch before I sleep and next day I can basically jump into red maps as long as I grab some life rares, but I haven't touched Elementalist since the changes so I have no idea how this compares?
"
Sanguinica wrote:
Looks cool, tempted to shelve GC Sabo to try this one out. Would you say this can clear reds comfortably with just the core items of Tremor/Three Dragons? The thing I like about Saboteur is that I just rush maps in few hours, grind enough for Tremor+Jeweller's touch before I sleep and next day I can basically jump into red maps as long as I grab some life rares, but I haven't touched Elementalist since the changes so I have no idea how this compares?

Yes, and even easier imo. You might feel squishier in theory early-league since no Blind, but can't say it matters much early-game with Freeze. You don't rely on much at all to make this work, and you can push much further than I did on Trade later.

Last edited by CantripN on Apr 12, 2021, 6:50:22 PM
Cheers, think I am going to give it a try. Big fan of mine builds and this seems like an interesting spin on it. Bookmarked the guide in case you plan on adding stuff to it later on, I'll keep an eye out!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info