Can someone explain why crafting percent increased Energy Shield does nothing?

Hi,

I'm trying to craft something on my boots and gloves. One of my crafting abilites says 74% Increased Energy Shield and Evasion.

But when I craft this and equip it, my energy shield doesn't change? What's going on here?
Last bumped on Mar 8, 2021, 5:14:46 AM
"
ZedIngalls wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to craft something on my boots and gloves. One of my crafting abilites says 74% Increased Energy Shield and Evasion.

But when I craft this and equip it, my energy shield doesn't change? What's going on here?

Riddle me this, how much is 74% from 0
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
Well my current energy shield is 282. So.. I'd expect to see something happen right?
He means on the gloves. If the gloves have 0 ES a % increase means you wont actually gain any ES.
Ah I see, the crafted percentage only applies to the energy shield boost of the item itself, not my base energy shield.

OK thanks, that's what I needed to learn.
u want global energy % to make it work the way u want
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
We all make mistakes, its a learning process. OP shouldn't feel bad.
OP's mistake is a rookie one, but honestly? There are only 2-3 sources of global ES ingame, and they are not seen by the average player during levelling (A certain hardcore-only talisman and Chayula's skins). A player reads "+6% Increased ES" on the tree, reads "+74% Increased ES", knows wording have a meaning and assumes the effect is the same.

Same goes for "x% Increased Physical Damage", though in that case a "global physical damage" is added in the modifier in order to distinguish it from the "local" physical damage from weapons.

They should either change the passive to a "global [defence]" or give modifiers a "+x% increased Local [defence]", or at least explain this in the ingame tutorial
There are local and global mods. Local affects the item it's on, global affects the character.

The rule is : if the mod *can* be local, then it is. Otherwise it's global.

Exemples :
% increased ES on any armour piece -> armour pieces can have ES, so it's local.
% increased ES on a weapon -> weapons don't have ES, so it's global.
% increased ES on the skill tree -> global.

Added flat elemental damage on a weapon -> weapons can do elem damage, so it's local.
Added flat elemental damage on a piece of armour -> armour doesn't deal damage, so it's global.
Please. No more labyrinth.
"
patirce wrote:
There are local and global mods. Local affects the item it's on, global affects the character.

The rule is : if the mod *can* be local, then it is. Otherwise it's global.

Exemples :
% increased ES on any armour piece -> armour pieces can have ES, so it's local.
% increased ES on a weapon -> weapons don't have ES, so it's global.
% increased ES on the skill tree -> global.

Added flat elemental damage on a weapon -> weapons can do elem damage, so it's local.
Added flat elemental damage on a piece of armour -> armour doesn't deal damage, so it's global.

True, but if they added global for global, then we (especially newbie) do not have to interpret. Its a 5 mins text change, maybe 1 hour top if we include all languages.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info