What happens if you try to Fracture the 'Can Have Up To 3 Crafted Modifiers' affix itself?

I know that fracturing a crafted mod locks it in permanently and hence prevents you from replacing it with another craft (since it already has one), or even removing it. But can you fracture the multimod mod itself? And if so, does that let you freely change the other two crafted mods infinitely (of course paying their own respective crafting costs), since the multimod affix will never disappear? Has anyone tried seeing if that works?!

On a related note, can you can Fracture 'Prefixes/Suffixes Cannot Be Changed'? Or 'Cannot Roll Attack/Caster Modifiers'? Cos that might be hella useful for certain crafting projects, allowing you to permanently lock what you want without having to pay for re-crafting those metamods each time...
Last bumped on Mar 9, 2021, 9:06:40 AM
I would assume that it works - but would you really want it? I mean, it blocks one mod, where you could have a more useful one.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
I would asume that locking in cannot roll caster or attack mod is useless if you go the chaos spam route and it would only work if you slam exalts/harvests crafts on them, making it pointless to have as fractured.

As for the multimod i don't see why it would function any differently from a non fractured multimod so you still could not change the crafted mods, but when rerolled enterely you could ofc again craft mods, not sure if you would get 2 or 3 tho as the multimod itself should no longer count as a crafted mod.

This is ofc asuming that you even could fracture the multimod.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Last edited by jackof8lades on Mar 7, 2021, 10:07:11 AM
A previous Thread shows that Benchcrafted mods can indeed be Fractured. It will be impossible, at glance, to distinguish them from a non-benchcrafted Fractured mod (of course, advanced tooltip will show it as a Master Crafted mod as usual)
Such Thread also shows that in that case the benchcrafted mod is locked and cannot be scoured in any possible way (since that is the definition of a Fractured Mod). It will also bar the item from further benchcrafting / veiled mod slams since there is "already a master crafted mod".

Ergo, it seems logical to say that:
a) "Can Have multiple crated mod" can be Fractured AND
b) You will still be able to craft 2 more Benchcrafted mods as usual on those items, provided there are enough open affixes.
Did not know it would still count as a crafted mod , interesting.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Last edited by jackof8lades on Mar 7, 2021, 12:03:11 PM
On a tangent, does someone know whether or not a "Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers" mod can be removed by an orb of annulment?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
On a tangent, does someone know whether or not a "Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers" mod can be removed by an orb of annulment?

Yes
"
Turtledove wrote:

Yes, of course. It's a mod, so it will be rerolled/annulled like any other mod. It doesn't have any tag, so it will be tricky to do it via Harvestcraft - perhaps it would be better for you to go with Beastcraft this once.

When this happens, you DON'T lose the other 2 crafted mods in there. You still have reached (and exceeded) the maximum of 1 crafted mods per item, so you won't be able to craft other mods. You will also not be able to scour one of the other 2 mods with benchcraft (you will lose them all, as usual)
De facto, doing this only frees the space for another exSlam or similiar augment
"
Maxtrux wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Yes, of course. It's a mod, so it will be rerolled/annulled like any other mod. It doesn't have any tag, so it will be tricky to do it via Harvestcraft - perhaps it would be better for you to go with Beastcraft this once.

When this happens, you DON'T lose the other 2 crafted mods in there. You still have reached (and exceeded) the maximum of 1 crafted mods per item, so you won't be able to craft other mods. You will also not be able to scour one of the other 2 mods with benchcraft (you will lose them all, as usual)
De facto, doing this only frees the space for another exSlam or similiar augment

Thanks for the info. I was thinking of buying an item with only the "Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers" modifier on it and then seeing if I could annul it. Your post was a much more cost effective solution. Thanks :-)
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Maxtrux wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Thanks for the info. I was thinking of buying an item with only the "Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers" modifier on it and then seeing if I could annul it. Your post was a much more cost effective solution. Thanks :-)

If you do that, you could also fracture it, thereby making an endlessly craftable pseudo-two mod rare item. For whatever benefit that grants you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info