3.14 HC/HCSSF Archmage Blade Blast Hierophant, 4m+ dps, 18k+ EHP

3.15. : Build is dead

Spoiler
Sup,
wanted to share my go on Bladefall Bladeblast Archmage Hierophant.
It's super strong, has high dps and feels nice to play overall.
This isn't a guide, its a showcase

3.13 SSFHC Ritual, more "indepth" with videos and some things explained
Spoiler

- added a better video to showcase mapping

POB: https://pastebin.com/CWmQp4A9

Pros:
-high damage (5m+ at 10blades)
-very good defences (perma 10k+ ehp with glancing blows block, insane recovery, 18k+ ehp with arcane cloak up (is up for 6+seconds with a 2sec cooldown), 40sec fortify if you aren't lazy and use vigilant strike

-can be minmaxed into oblivion

Cons:
-STUNS, you get stunned A lot, because the health pool of the build is relatively low and stuns only scale of that. Use the Pantheon(Brine King)+Cinderswallow Urn with Chance to avoid being stunned.
-easy to start gearing, hard to get the insane endgame gear
-bf/bb playstyle can be annoying if you dont have enough cast speed

My current Gear:
Spoiler

in progress:

Some Gear explained:
Spoiler

Why use Brutal Restraint? In the Witch Area this gives me 60dex JUST the jewel itself ignoring any rolls on notables. Brutal Restraint can roll super good stuff on notables such as Life, Ele Dmg, Move Speed, Atk and cast speed,Onslaught on Kill... This is insane because bfbb requires a lot of dex and i dont pick up a single dex node. It doesn't matter which type of Brutal Restraint you use. Buy the cheapest one, socket it in and look for good rools, then just divine until the jewel suits you. The Brutal Restraint Jewel should be socketed in the Jewel Socket directly over the witch start (next to the +1 Power Charge node).
Why use Asenaths Gentle touch? Asenaths gives explodey chest in a little scuffed way : Some enemies don't leave corpses (for example harbingers) and without corpses there are no explosions when using those gloves. This also prevents chain-exploding. The 60-80 life and mana are obviously super good stats as well. If you get Ele Weakness on Hit as an implicit (for example from the double corrupted asenaths gentle touch card) the implicit curse is applied.
Why Cinderswallow Urn? Cinderswallow Urn is super big for mapping. It gives insane sustain due to the mana on kill. That's pretty much the only reason to use it. Because i'm not igniting the 10% increased dmg taken mod is uselss

Bandits: kill all
Pantheon: Major Soul of the Brine King, Minor any

Videos:
t15 canyon clusterfuck
t15 canyon beyond etc., better than first video for mapping showcase
A8 Kill
uber elder kill
Also killed maven and A9 but too lazy to upload. (+ the maven kill includes logouts in the memory game which is the only dangerous thing in the fight)

3.14 HC Ultimatum (Trade League) only explaining some changes + gear showcase + maven kill video
Spoiler

In 3.14 the build hasn't changed at all. The damage got reduced by a bit and gear is harder to craft. Fortify uptime is now produced trough self attacking with Vigilant Strike (frees up a jewel socket).
With my current char in the HC Ultimatum League i have done all content in the game with the exception of Atziri, Uber Atziri and The Feared Invitation.

Maven kill video

POB: https://pastebin.com/dH01Canp

Gear:
Spoiler

Note: if you feel like dmg is lacking use rf and/or go essence worm supreme ego with wrath (more recommended for sc). This isn't included in any POB as i was not using it myself. Its also super easy to gain more damage by simply skipping life nodes and going into damage nodes instead (Divine Judgement, Lightning Walker, Holy Dominion, Light of Divinity) and also by using cluster jewels that scale your mana (-instead of life).

If you have questions feel free to ask.
twitch.tv/nex1233
steamcommunity.com/id/nex1233
discord : nexx#9045
Last edited by nex1233 on Jul 20, 2021, 11:10:48 AM
Last bumped on Jul 20, 2021, 11:11:10 AM
Hey, thanks for sharing the build.

Going to give it a try next league if there will be no nerfs (I doubt they will break it, the build seems not popular on softcore).
Harvest craft nerf won't harm it too much I hope.

How it feels vs Maven, Uber Elder, Simulacrum?
Asking because there are bosses I haven't killed yet (casually playing only hc).
"
AlfariusX wrote:

How it feels vs Maven, Uber Elder, Simulacrum?
Asking because there are bosses I haven't killed yet (casually playing only hc).

Haven't tried any of those bosses because i was only mapping, will do after hitting 100 tho. Maven and Uber Elder shouldn't be a problem tho. I feel like Simulcarum would be insanely hard as the build doesn't really have any "hard" damage mitigation (non-glancing blows block, big perma fortify,...)and you would just get destroyed by a lot of hits that you can't outregen.

I hope that they just nerf flat damage values on blade blast in 3.14 and don't nerf archmage. If they do so the build pretty much didn't get touched. Harvest nerfs also barely touch this build because crafting mana gear is not included by harvest anyways and the only thing i harvest-crafted on my build were resistances (capping res will be harder, but should still be fine).
twitch.tv/nex1233
Would skyforth help with stun?
"
AsceticPOE wrote:
Would skyforth help with stun?

Yes, Skyforth would help with that. Probably a good choice overall if you can handle the res loss.
twitch.tv/nex1233
Hey, I am pretty interested in your Build. Been playing some BB/BF on a Chieftain so far and interested in trying some other ascendancies for next League.

What I do not understand the following: Is the conversion to pure lightning just not worth it? Or do I miss something and you do convert? Couldnt find any conversion on gems, tree or gear. Thank you for your Showcase. Gonna try it in the next few days.

Cheers
"
Boardbreaker wrote:
Hey, I am pretty interested in your Build. Been playing some BB/BF on a Chieftain so far and interested in trying some other ascendancies for next League.

What I do not understand the following: Is the conversion to pure lightning just not worth it? Or do I miss something and you do convert? Couldnt find any conversion on gems, tree or gear. Thank you for your Showcase. Gonna try it in the next few days.

Cheers

Conversion is not worth it, the main damage comes from archmage and arcane cloak. The downside here is that you can't run any reflect maps, as the phys dmg is still high enough to insantly kill you. You also still have to lvl up your blade blast gem because it gives huge area of effect. On my char my phys dmg is like 5% of my total damage, so converting that is just not worth it.
twitch.tv/nex1233
"
Conversion is not worth it, the main damage comes from archmage and arcane cloak. The downside here is that you can't run any reflect maps, as the phys dmg is still high enough to insantly kill you. You also still have to lvl up your blade blast gem because it gives huge area of effect. On my char my phys dmg is like 5% of my total damage, so converting that is just not worth it.

Yeah, figured that out while playing. Was more of a question regarding reflect since you are playing Hc :). Great build. I think I will play it as a starter next league, as long as it doesnt get nerfed to the ground, so thanks.
Looks like this is getting nerfed, shame.
Was thinking on starting this on SSF but looks like it good'ol necro all over again.
Never played blade blast and now it looks I never will.
blade blast is still incredibly strong, its still S tier dude

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info