2021 Mystery Box Research - The Truth Behind $4,386 Worth of Boxes

"
Xystre wrote:
Who would thought that LOOTBOXES are a trap in general and they will never be ethical at all whatsoever.

But thank you for your support imrite?

Tggg to this day still gets a free pass on alot of shit they are doing wrong somehow despite not being a small indie company anymore.

If GGG doesn't have loot boxes, the same White-knights/Simps for GGG will criticize how some companies are evil as they have gambling, & how GGG are angels that never exploit gambling addictions.

But since GGG has loot boxes, they have to do mental gymnastics how it's not unethical.
"
KiadawP wrote:
"
Xystre wrote:
Who would thought that LOOTBOXES are a trap in general and they will never be ethical at all whatsoever.

Tggg to this day still gets a free pass on alot of shit they are doing wrong somehow despite not being a small indie company anymore.

If GGG doesn't have loot boxes, the same White-knights/Simps for GGG will criticize how some companies are evil as they have gambling, & how GGG are angels that never exploit gambling addictions.

But since GGG has loot boxes, they have to do mental gymnastics how it's not unethical.

They will come up with some mastermind answer like "just dont buy them looool"
Probably the same type of people who tell depressed persons "just be happy loool" or alcoholics "just dont drink lool????"
"
Sarciss wrote:
"
KiadawP wrote:
"
Xystre wrote:

Probably the same type of people who tell depressed persons "just be happy loool" or alcoholics "just dont drink lool????"

Look at us, we bought many supporters packs, maybe me not as much, as well as other stuff totally almost 600€. So we are certainly not those that have issues giving GGG money & supporting them.

However, we shouldn't give them a free pass & can not criticize them because we enjoy the game.

i dont mind giving ggg some money i have always given them, altho i been in a pause from game for almost 2 years.. and now that i return im telling you boxes became alot more greedy than they were in the past.. somethng changed about these boxes and not for the better

Edit : i honestly believe that they should add some mechanic that allow to break some duplicated items to small amount of shards based on the item rarity
to collect enough shards to use to buy an item from the box with no RNG
this will atleast assure that you can end up with the set after spending alot
the shards you get from breaking down duplicated items will be minimal.. that it wont worth for you to break down useful items that you didnt go after but still got.. but it will be worth to break second pair of gloves and boots that you have totally no use for.. so that maybe you gather enough shards to buy the 1 item tht refuse to come out
Last edited by NoyAvargel on Mar 5, 2021, 9:17:24 AM
Loot boxes? Sure they're a trap, if you think you can easily get full sets of armours without overinvesting. If you recognize that you will probably have to buy a TON to get everything you want, and end up with a lot of stuff you don't want, then you're far less likely to fall into such a trap.

Just buy a few boxes, be glad to get some cheap MTX, and stop buying as soon as you start to become dissatisfied with what you're getting. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
SkinnerSw33t wrote:
This is a pretty bad take. Most people are not as eager as you to trust companies blindly.

what? it isn't about trusting the company, its about trusting the systems in place which hold these companies accountable

it isn't like GGG and other companies can do anything they want and its only an honour system which keeps them in check
"
xMustard wrote:
"
SkinnerSw33t wrote:
This is a pretty bad take. Most people are not as eager as you to trust companies blindly.

what? it isn't about trusting the company, its about trusting the systems in place which hold these companies accountable

it isn't like GGG and other companies can do anything they want and its only an honour system which keeps them in check

Lmfao countries had to pass a fucking law requiring GGG (and everyone else) to release the drop rates for their gambling boxes. And then you want to give them credit for doing so? Jesus wtf...
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:
"
SkinnerSw33t wrote:

Lmfao countries had to pass a fucking law requiring GGG (and everyone else) to release the drop rates for their gambling boxes. And then you want to give them credit for doing so? Jesus wtf...

what are you talking about?
im not giving credit to GGG. i acknowledge the legal obligations which is why i can take GGG at their word that their rates are accurate, and not need to run stupid tests like this to "make sure"

its already sure, or else GGG would lose millions of dollars in fines and lawsuits.
"
xMustard wrote:
"
SkinnerSw33t wrote:

I'll pass on trusting government regulatory systems to keep companies in check.

You have way more faith in our overlords than I do. ;)
"
Sarciss wrote:

The things you're listing often result in depression. Depression on its own can still be treated, and most 'depressed' people I know refuse to get any help. They like the attention.

But it is true. Don't want to risk being an alcoholic? Don't drink. Don't want to waste money on loot boxes? GGG isn't forcing you to click the Buy button. They only exist because people are buying them. It's our own fault.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info