Certrain streamer gets multiple Mirrors from Ritual.

They have a plethora of mechanics that involve causing unique items, more rare items, types of rare items to drop. It isn't that much of a leap to assume that it would, at the very least be pretty easy to adjust overall drop rates as well on the company end. And they could have a reason to do that, depending on attrition of players over time. It's not exactly that diabolical of a possibility. Suppose they make a mistake with a new league mechanic and people are rushing end-game gear way too rapidly, or whatever, they would be crazy not to adjust it, and they would be kind of dumb to announce: "hey, we nerfed *insert whatever* by 15% so players will stick around, since we got another 3 weeks of mtx planned". Sorry. But I don't think this is the tinfoil hat discussion, I think people don't like the idea of them doing that but it wouldn't be the first time a reputable company did it. Blizzard nerfed all sorts of drops that were used to generate rmt income and exorbitant player income for the few non-rmters willing to grind for hippogryph feathers or whatever flavor of the week. It's business. There's no proof, but it's plausible and they haven't said anything to the contrary. If they didn't touch drop-rates after league start, it would make a lot of sense to post some brief thread to that effect.
"
Sorry. But I don't think this is the tinfoil hat discussion, I think people don't like the idea of them doing that but it wouldn't be the first time a reputable company did it. Blizzard nerfed all sorts of drops that were used to generate rmt income and exorbitant player income for the few non-rmters willing to grind for hippogryph feathers or whatever flavor of the week. It's business. There's no proof, but it's plausible and they haven't said anything to the contrary. If they didn't touch drop-rates after league start, it would make a lot of sense to post some brief thread to that effect.

They've said before that they can (and have) adjust(ed) drop rates during leagues before. Of course they adjust global drop rates from time to time. This debate/discussion on the other hand, isn't about global drop rates. It's about people actually believing that there are individual drop rates in PoE.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Mar 5, 2021, 9:42:37 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Sorry. But I don't think this is the tinfoil hat discussion, I think people don't like the idea of them doing that but it wouldn't be the first time a reputable company did it. Blizzard nerfed all sorts of drops that were used to generate rmt income and exorbitant player income for the few non-rmters willing to grind for hippogryph feathers or whatever flavor of the week. It's business. There's no proof, but it's plausible and they haven't said anything to the contrary. If they didn't touch drop-rates after league start, it would make a lot of sense to post some brief thread to that effect.

They've said before that they can (and have) adjust(ed) drop rates during leagues before. Of course they adjust global drop rates from time to time. This debate/discussion on the other hand, isn't about global drop rates. It's about people actually believing that there are individual drop rates in PoE.

I dont fully understand the blind trust without question you or some of the other folks are giving GGG despite, at the very least, a less than perfect history.

Imo no one, or no company is beyond question. It been the situation that when money is involved (especially in a f2p) that Devs are really willing to push that ethical line.

My trust with GGG is pretty limited based on what I've seen over the years. I could list a number of HIGHLY questionable things beyond seeding and loot manipulation.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
Phrazz wrote:
"

This is not about individual drop rates.
But why do you think its impossible to assign a seed range or something similar of better loot chances to streamers (aka game promoters)?
Think of it like timeless jewels: a seed range of 1000-2000 gives you higher loot chance for X or in general/whatever and game promoters get characters/have their account always placed within that range.
I mean if it meant more player revenue and an actual increase of player numbers id totally do it in GGGs place? What makes you think GGG is some higher form of ethical being that wouldnt do it lol?

This is purely anecdotal but i guess many of us experienced this: you go like a week without a single pure exalt drop then you drop like 3 in one hour.
This happens again and again. Do you really think thats just RNG?
The chances of not dropping an exalt for a week and then dropping 3 in a row all while running more or less the same content are so astronomically low that the chances that we have SOME sort of determined drop system running in the background outweigh it by a ton.
Not saying this is a bad thing but some of you guys really should question their point about GGG being some higher form of living that doesnt have any intentions for anything but providing you a great game lol
Last edited by Sarciss on Mar 5, 2021, 10:44:46 AM
"
But why do you think its impossible to assign a seed range or something similar of better loot chances to streamers (aka game promoters)?
Think of it like timeless jewels: a seed range of 1000-2000 gives you higher loot chance for X or in general/whatever and game promoters get characters/have their account always placed within that range.
Same reason why it's hard to find a good Timeless Jewel, whether or not a seed is good is purely incidental and you need people to document what the seed actually does because there's no rhyme or reason to calculate a good one. If GGG wanted to give certain people boosted drop rates I really doubt they would figure out what the "best seeds" are and would just boost the drop rate directly.
"
Sarciss wrote:
I mean if it meant more player revenue and an actual increase of player numbers id totally do it in GGGs place? What makes you think GGG is some higher form of ethical being that wouldnt do it lol?

This is purely anecdotal but i guess many of us experienced this: you go like a week without a single pure exalt drop then you drop like 3 in one hour.
The chances of not dropping an exalt for a week and then dropping 3 in a row all while running more or less the same content are so astronomically low that the chances that we have SOME sort of determined drop system running in the background outweigh it by a ton.
Not saying this is a bad thing but some of you guys really should question their point about GGG being some higher form of living that doesnt have any intentions for anything but providing you a great game lol

No one says it's impossible, but what's so hard to understand about that you sound like any other tinfoil hat person ever?
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Sarciss wrote:

No one says it's impossible, but what's so hard to understand about that you sound like any other tinfoil hat person ever?

hehe I paid 1200$ now my mirror drop rate is super high
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

You made a bad deal lul I only paid about $800. Or did you pay up for the 40/40 again?
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"

You made a bad deal lul I only paid about $800. Or did you pay up for the 40/40 again?

WELL THEY ADDED HH + + Increased chances too and they gave me a walrus plushie
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
you guys joke about it but deep down you know its true. otherwise you wouldnt keep spending so much money on a free game. only little kids care about shiny mtx, people buy packs for other reasons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info