I'm getting seriously fed up...

with these lag spikes and on the virge of quitting since the only times I've died have been due to them. They're not just the odd lag spike here and there, some of them can last upto a minute of me waiting for it to catch up, by which time I'm dead. I watch the latency and it spikes up n down up n down, from 30ms to 3000ms and it's taking the biscuit. I'm pretty sure it's not my ISP since I can do everything else I usually do on the internet, downloading films/music etc, obviously not while I play PoE. Tbh I think I get less lag when I do download while playing. 3000ms just isn't right.
I'm seriously holding back from ranting/raging and swearing here, can somebody PLEEEEEEEEASE help me out!!???
Last edited by irnbru69 on May 7, 2012, 5:33:26 PM
It sounds like you're having some kind of problem with your connection, here are some usual things to check:

Make sure you're not running any torrents/background downloaders, and that nothing else (e.g. family / flatmates) is overloading your connection.

Try resetting your router/modem.

Make sure you're using wired connections and not wireless.

Sometimes ISPs can get overloaded during peak hours, try the game at different times of day if possible and see if the connection issues are present.

We've also had reports that some bittorrent clients can cause connection problems even after they've been closed, and that you need to either wait (unsure how long) or reset your modem to get a new IP address to fix it.

Best of luck.
WinMTR-v092

Use that when your noting these spikes, it can pinpoint the router with the issue.
CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Ram : 4GB Kingston PC2-6400 5-5-5-18
Mobo: Abit KN9-Sli (NF570-Sli chipset with Realtek Audio)
GPU: ATI HD4670 1GB
HD: Maxtor 20GB - OS - Seagate 500GB - Games / Storage / PageFile
Network / ISP: Wired / Cox Cable

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info