League or Standard?

play leagu and continue play same char in stdand
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
If you are learning the game for the first time there is nothing wrong with standard other than the trade prices because the average standard player has likely been around for years at this point and also is probably Scrooge McDuck rich with an infinity pool overflowing with mirrors and exalted orbs. So trading in standard is not exactly the most accessible thing.

The League however is really fun (opinion) and very very rewarding, and the trade economy is (slowing down) much more active and much less expensive than standard for most items. we more or less are 45 days into the league which (most of the time) means there are also only about 45 days left in the league. more than enough time to get very intimately familiar with one or two characters. Another important thing to consider is when the league is over, the characters that you made within that league... well they actually just move into standard, they call it migrating. So, even if you choose to play the league, you will eventually have those characters in standard until you delete them.

Play Ritual IMO I personally am having an amazingly good time.
Delirium ended...
But the Voices never did.
Last edited by Fauxxx_NL on Mar 1, 2021, 2:39:18 AM
If the current league mechanic doesn't interest you, Standard is a great way to enjoy the spoils of previous leagues. And for those who say you can't get rich in Standard, the Heist mechanic is now core, and though it may not be as over the top as it was in its league, it's still plenty generous. Standard enjoys an substantial and active player base, so it's NOT the desolate wasteland the naysayers pretend it is. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"

+1

To add to this,

game is not developed to have perma things in it. Things change, sometimes drastically so your loving char might not be working in next patch due to item/tree/ascendancy/gem changes.

Items and gems are at least x2 and more expensive. There is less currency to be found. Trade is almost dead...

You actually need to make new characters in the game to be able to learn about it so don't bound to particular one.

As Elua said it plain and simple.

Things change you change with them.

Items and gems are expensive? Great you make more currency farming them. Not even talking about crafting materials mavens orb 9 ex league, 28 standard, tailoring orb 4ex league, 30 standard. Or even prices of harvest augments can make you tons of currency.

Nothing wrong with standard if players don't want the newest features.
Been standard for last 3 years, avoiding buggy mess leagues full of exploits. Couldnt be more happier, only thing that is annoying is constant skill tree resets and map type resets.
Spreading salt since 2006
Only thing your missing out on is the temp league mechanic and very cheap trade. Ive been playing about 50/50 since the game was released. In the end its pretty much the same experience. Making a new character in temp league, try out some new gems and uniques until league is over, then continue playing in standard. Thats the most fun way to play poe for me. Nothing wrong with starting new characters in standard either.
"
Icholas wrote:
"
Elua wrote:
Standard is junk, avoid it at all cost. Playing it will hinder your progress and make things much harder.

I mean starting again from zero every three months really puts a stop to progress.

Most characters start to plateau long before the season end.
Leaue. Latest tech and can actually sell basic stuff.

Standard if u dont have a lot of time.

Maybe. They change standard so much too I'm not sure there is any permanence or you're allowed to develop over a long time there either. Like My brother is super casual like logs in once a month and everything is reset everytime he logs in he just said fuck it and quit.

This game is designed for dopamine addicts and no lifers. You cant just play 5 maps of it like 5 tetris maps whenever...even a year apart..If you're not that criteria try another game.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 1, 2021, 11:33:50 AM
I wouldn't touch temporary leagues even with a long stick but I guess it depends on your mindset.

If you don't mind leveling characters from scratch and having no starting gear and grinding every recipe and Alva and delve and rogues and Zana, then temporary leagues are okay, I guess.

In short, temporary leagues are for no-lifers whom GGG likes to reward by juicing whatever is the newest mechanic with better drops.
Last edited by vmt80 on Mar 1, 2021, 12:10:19 PM
"
vmt80 wrote:
I wouldn't touch temporary leagues even with a long stick but I guess it depends on your mindset.

If you don't mind leveling characters from scratch and having no starting gear and grinding every recipe and Alva and delve and rogues and Zana, then temporary leagues are okay, I guess.

In short, temporary leagues are for no-lifers whom GGG likes to reward by juicing whatever is the newest mechanic with better drops.

Im far from no lifer. just hitting t16 sustain after 2 months. About to do sirus when i get home...have not even seen mastermind yet.. But its the hunt that keeps me playing...not the game. It's surely not the poor combat ....it's not a combat or tactical game. It's an items game.. It's the hunt to get GG not being GG and run over everything which I can do in standards...SSF and regular. At that point it's like really boring. Thats why people quit and wait for next league.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 1, 2021, 12:34:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info