League or Standard?

Hello!
My name is David. Last 2 weeks I play Ritual League with my partner.
My question is- What's better? Ritual or Normal League? We want to improve our characters without having to create new characters in new season.
Normal League is worth to play?
Last bumped on Mar 8, 2021, 6:07:26 PM
Standard is perfectly fine to play. Some people prefer it because they dont like starting over every league much like you.
play league until the end, finish league with exalts, then play std. Hard to get rich in std
Forum pvp
Yeah keep playing ritual as u and ur friend already have a character there. After league ends u can continue to improve ur char on normal league.
"
Yakugari wrote:

Normal League is worth to play?

Worth IT*. Why does PoE have the most people saying this like you do? Starting to think it originated here. But anyways, No, Standard is the dumpster where everything goes when league is over. You miss out on league features which result in more loot generally speaking.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Mar 2, 2021, 12:06:30 AM
Standard is good if you're not into the fresh start thing. So much to do and so many ways to generate loot in the core game now that league features are pretty unnecessary.
We tested it extensively
Standard is junk, avoid it at all cost. Playing it will hinder your progress and make things much harder.
Last edited by Elua on Mar 1, 2021, 12:52:02 AM
There is nothing wrong with playing on Standard if you want character continuity, and don't mind that you don't have the latest league feature to play with.
I do both. I usually level to a point where the difficulty outstrips my skills as a gamer (I'm old and slow...lol), then I switch to Standard and mess around on one of my ex-league characters (like the one I am on now).
There is still plenty to do, you can still trade if that is your thing, and can generally just progress your character.
Don't listen to the naysayers that look down on Standard.
"
Elua wrote:
Standard is junk, avoid it at all cost. Playing it will hinder your progress and make things much harder.

+1

To add to this,

game is not developed to have perma things in it. Things change, sometimes drastically so your loving char might not be working in next patch due to item/tree/ascendancy/gem changes.

Items and gems are at least x2 and more expensive. There is less currency to be found. Trade is almost dead...

You actually need to make new characters in the game to be able to learn about it so don't bound to particular one.

As Elua said it plain and simple.
"
Elua wrote:

I mean starting again from zero every three months really puts a stop to progress.
We tested it extensively

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info