The reason why harvest is not as bad as you think

"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
None of your points have anything to do with why I hate it. I play SSF couldnt care less about others or economic effects.

Seriously, if you don't like it, and you don't care about others - what is preventing you from simply not using it? I really don't get it. Why don't you just ignore it? You are playing SSF, for f*s sake. It is your game, it is your choice, you can have the game you want - without Harvest. No problem, or am I overlooking something?

Why would you play something you don't like? I can see the argument in trade league, somewhat, but SSF...?

That's like not cashing a stimulus or PPP check. Most of us on the right side of isle hate it as if we dont have enough debt but 100% cashed them. Too good not to. Like Harvest is too good and all consuming.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 1, 2021, 12:07:02 PM
Well, if you lack self-control, that is on you, I guess. But I don't think the game should be worse for others because of your lack of self-control, do you?

EDIT: Side note, there are multiple stories of people who didn't cash in big lottery winnings (>1 million dollars) because they felt like it would not make their lives better. So much for "it feels like not cashing in".
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Mar 1, 2021, 12:21:12 PM
lmao watching casuals trying to argue game design is both the funniest and saddest thing I've seen in a while

did this guy actually compare a stimulus check to a lottery winning?
Not really, no.

I have a name, by the way.
No, you definitely did. You don't even know what a stimulus check is do you. The fact that you think people lack self-control for cashing that sort of thing in... LMAO

Ad hominem or strawman - you decide.
"
Char1983 wrote:
Well, if you lack self-control, that is on you, I guess. But I don't think the game should be worse for others because of your lack of self-control, do you?

EDIT: Side note, there are multiple stories of people who didn't cash in big lottery winnings (>1 million dollars) because they felt like it would not make their lives better. So much for "it feels like not cashing in".

It's not about self control it's about meta. I suppose I could wear all finds... hell, all white gear for that matter but in a gear driven game I wouldnt get very far like that. No I go for "good" things like everyone else. The only question is do you want something in game that outclasses everything else by a mile and forces players to play that meta. Usually GGG doesnt hence nerfs/buffs. Harvest is all consuming right now. Our game time. Our Reddit and forums threads. It's too good and will get a bat if it hasnt already...I think it has less quantity and quality.

SSF actually makes pigeonholing worse. Because you can't just sell your inapplicable doctor cards or other valuable finds in other parts of atlas for crafts. If you want the GG you gotta harvest all the time.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 1, 2021, 2:10:57 PM
My bad, carry on. I guess in this day and age you can't call out stupid arguments without people crying over it.

Like this guy literally talks about the fucking lottery right after someone talks about stimulus/ppp checks and he tries to deny comparing them. What the fuck am I reading.
"
It's like every similar discussion since closed beta - a bunch of people complaining because they can't do xyz/can't be bothered to do xyz/don't have time to do xyz/are too stupid to do xyz but are envious of the people who do it and think they shouldn't have it if they can't have it.

Well now aren't you a man of Nuance and Reason LOL.

So lets break this rather simplistic set of stereotypes down.

People who have 10-14 hours a day to play are an extreme minority of the player base, but also the least likely to have money to spend on the game. Probably only a few % at most overall. Of them only an exceptional subset will actually have money that can support the ongoing development and server costs of the game (they have independant money sources not tied to having to spend 8-12 hours a day at a Job, So for example someone like Charan (however it was spelled the guy who make Oni and other Uniques and liked to post bad poetry). They also have inordinate amounts of free time to do things like making Elitist comments in nearly every major thread. Usually dripping with undeserved elitism, arrogance and disdain for people who can't play the game as much as they can.

You might no the type.

Undoubtedly SOME of these types think that having more hours to play means they are better at the game, this is where we get the whole "git gud" meme and others from. A lack of self awareness on the part of "elitists" AKA "no lifers" that the game is 100% winnable by 100% of the playerbase SIMPLY BY PLAYING LONG ENOUGH/FAST ENOUGH. SO these types follow "meta gaming" builds (the game is solved for them by the maker of the build making the game a trivial "paint by numbers and you win" affair). All with the illusion that this makes them better at the game. Its even propped up by less invested players who think that 40/40 is impressive (instead of at best a sign of having nothing better to do, and at worst: having spent some time in 820 leeching achievements (LOL can you imagine doing that? Yet some people actually do)

Of course SOME contingent of them are identifying their own self worth with "40 of 40". A sad thing to do when literally even the worst skilled, lowest effort Gamer can sit in 820 and leech 40 of 40 within a week or two of league start.

Unfortunately GGG has spent just about 100% of their design focus appeasing these types of players. Only in the last year or so have they started relaxing and gradually allowing things like semi-deterministic farming strats in Syndicate, Heist and Harvest Crafting that isn't 100% "Brick, meh or Jackpot"

So should they be the almost 100% exclusive design demographic for the game?

If as Chris Wilson has said: "most players seldom or never trade" then are the TFT discord problems of the tiny elitist minority REALLY AN ACTUAL PROBLEM? No because there will always be some contingent of players of a game who are desperately trying their best to trivialize and meta game the game. You just have to let them. When the alternative is to screw over the experience of the game for 99% of the playerbase, yes TFT people should suck it up and realize the playerbase needs WORKING players.

It could be argued that outside of Streamers who have regular contact with and are indeed supported by the sub money of "regular players" that the subset of really toxic elitists who actively hate on or put down the majority players who "aren't as good" (AKA don't have as much time or will to meta game the fun out of the game) and want "the scrubs to suffer" generally speaking don't have any net benefit for GGG's bottom line:

Elistist arseholes make less time wealthy players feel bad, and are always "puling up the ladder" or attempting to do so (See screaming for Harvest Nerfs)
They generally don't have money.
They aren't connected to "the real world" like a Streamer usually is so they can't be humble or have consideration, or even manage to have a REASONABLE outlook towards people who have jobs and families.

Am I a bad player because I give my PC up to the kids every day so they can play on it? The "git gud" Elitist would say yes, AND HAVE condescended to me many times for arguing that GGG should be Designing for PROPER PLAYERS and not entirely for the 1%. That doesn't mean they shouldn't put things like 100% Delirious, T19 10 Feared Maven stuff in... It does mean that We should be able to Fight Aul more often than NEVER (Yogi's never had Aul what fucking chance do I have?) It does mean that IMO the game should have MORE Deterministic farming avenues and more Deterministic Crafting opportunities... Harvest for me is ACTUALLY kinda skimpy and seldom encountered. I can't even finish a whole gear set. Because I don't play 14 hours a day and I also don't play like CuteDog... So you might say "you get what you deserve for having a life"...

I say I am a normal POE player invested, tuned into the community, a paying customer. My money spends just as good as an Elitist No lifers moms' credit card money.

And if someone who's substituting POE for a Job and Life wants to sit in TFT and make perfect items: Well go right the fuck ahead, but stop crying about your own life choices and stop DEMANDING THAT GGG CATER ONLY TO NO LIFERS.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
How much more deterministic do you need than OG masters let alone OP Jun? You want 6T1 deterministic and that should never happen because it makes drops useless. Never a wow factor or any sense of discovery. Paint by numbers indeed. My "job" is farmg hamlet until I have 100% perfect gear as long as I play PoE now.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 1, 2021, 2:37:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info