[3.13 / 3.14] Transitioning Enki's Arc Witch into a 50M+ DPS Boss Killer

"
Mike1980 wrote:
I'm playing this build for some time and managed to invest around 200+ex into it.
It's an absolute blast vs any boss.

Although I have an issue with PoB numbers. Can't get even to 40mil DPS. Not sure if it's a major mistake with my build or simply PoB does not like me. Could you take a look? MAybe you will see something I can't.

https://pastebin.com/akjLbkKg

I think you linked my POB (from the guide). Link yours and I'd be happy to take a look.
Sorry, edited my post. Should be ok now.

https://pastebin.com/4UWEvdGm
Last edited by Mike1980 on Mar 14, 2021, 5:32:58 PM
"
Mike1980 wrote:
Sorry, edited my post. Should be ok now.

https://pastebin.com/4UWEvdGm

Took a glance and the first thing that pops is that you are only using vaal RF. My version uses vanilla RF all the time and vaal version ON TOP OF THAT for bosses. As crazy as it is, they multiply. In POB, if you tick base RF as well in the gem setup, your DPS goes from 37M to 52M.

You may not actually be able to do this in practice without retooling other parts of your gear as POB shows that would put you in negative mana regen.
Last edited by choco11 on Mar 14, 2021, 5:58:22 PM
Also, should probably take Mastermind of Discord rather than Shaper of Storms. Will up DPS to 43M alone and to 60M with it and the RF change.
Last edited by choco11 on Mar 14, 2021, 6:11:43 PM
Thanks for the input mate.

Indeed normal RF boosts damge nicely but without Cl;oak of Defiace and a few jewel swaps it will not work. It's a possibility for hilarious boss oneshots though :).

I'm testing hydrosphere now. It theoreticaly should boost dmg over Storm Brand since it aplies exposure. It gave me 4mil DPS on PoB.

I'm still not satisfied though. My average hit is way lower than most builds on poe.ninja even with better gear. It's anoying!

P.S what an absolute perfection of gloves mate. Incredible item.
I have dumped almost everything in to my Necro but have been handing down useable equipment to this build and now have the DPS up to 55m at only level 93 which is quite sufficient. I pretty much only use it for bossing and it excels at that with one exception - mana will sometimes run to zero. For mapping it is fine with Cinderswallow but I generally use my Necro for mapping. I don't particularly care that this witch dies during boss fights but do wonder if there is anything inexpensive that I am missing that would help alleviate that. I do know that my flask usage could be improved but muscle memory from playing the Necro kind of takes over with regards to that.

Thanks again for putting this together and consolidating the information in one place for those who are using it to discuss.
"
BuckFutter9 wrote:
I have dumped almost everything in to my Necro but have been handing down useable equipment to this build and now have the DPS up to 55m at only level 93 which is quite sufficient. I pretty much only use it for bossing and it excels at that with one exception - mana will sometimes run to zero. For mapping it is fine with Cinderswallow but I generally use my Necro for mapping. I don't particularly care that this witch dies during boss fights but do wonder if there is anything inexpensive that I am missing that would help alleviate that. I do know that my flask usage could be improved but muscle memory from playing the Necro kind of takes over with regards to that.

Thanks again for putting this together and consolidating the information in one place for those who are using it to discuss.

No problem - i've enjoyed the discussion.

Re: Mana, not sure of your exact setup but I ended up with ~1000 net mana regen / second (after all the rf / mom stuff). I found this was fine in 95% of circumstances as bosses died if got my full 55M DPS off for the first few seconds.

I did get a suggestion that I liked around putting clarity back in the build. It'd put my net mana regen at 1500 (full 50% increase). You'd loose some mana to reservation and also need to swap clear mind with a crit multi jewel. The net of those changes is 1-2M DPS loss. Overall, a pretty good trade.
Last edited by choco11 on Mar 16, 2021, 7:23:08 PM
"
choco11 wrote:
"
BuckFutter9 wrote:

No problem - i've enjoyed the discussion.

Re: Mana, not sure of your exact setup but I ended up with ~1000 net mana regen / second (after all the rf / mom stuff). I found this was fine in 95% of circumstances as bosses died if got my full 55M DPS off for the first few seconds.

I did get a suggestion that I liked around putting clarity back in the build. It'd put my net mana regen at 1500 (full 50% increase). You'd loose some mana to reservation and also need to swap clear mind with a crit multi jewel. The net of those changes is 1-2M DPS loss. Overall, a pretty good trade.

I think I will give this a go, mine has damage of about that amount and it is in most cases excessive but if the crits don't hit right out of the gate it takes a long while to get charged back up for a second chance. What did you pull back to get the gem slot for Clarity? I am thinking I will take out increased duration from sigil and RF.
"
BuckFutter9 wrote:

I think I will give this a go, mine has damage of about that amount and it is in most cases excessive but if the crits don't hit right out of the gate it takes a long while to get charged back up for a second chance. What did you pull back to get the gem slot for Clarity? I am thinking I will take out increased duration from sigil and RF.

I didn't actually do this (was finished for this league when I got the suggestion), but I agree that increased duration is likely the best choice.
Hi, nice idea!

I have the expensive Transcendant Mind (jewel)...

Its useful with your build?

Thanks in advance

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info