Advices needed regarding marohi vs normal(faster) maces.

So I got a 5linked marohi. 249% ipd 376~583 phy dmg.

Supported ground slam with concentrated effect + melee phy + added fire + faster attacks... This is the correct combination, right?

Results are pretty disappointing.

DPS using my old mace with these gems >

DPS using the marohi

Need some opinions.
What do you guys think? Is the marohi worth using?
1.5k increased in DPS, but aspd decreased from 1.49 to 0.85. And also the increased mana cost is also not helping. :(

Last edited by eddiec93 on Apr 1, 2013, 9:42:04 AM
I think you are not looking at that right.

Mana cost comparison:
old mace - 53 mana every 0.33 sec = 159 mana per sec
marohi - 72 mana every 0.59 sec = 122 mana per sec

So the Marohi Erqi setup is consuming less mana.

Damage wise there is no doubt Marohi wins... This also means Marohi will leech more as well.

So all in all, I don't know what you consider disappointing here? I'm guessing the only "disappointment" is looking at your character ground slam slower (while actually it performs more than 20% better).
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
I think you are not looking at that right.

Mana cost comparison:
old mace - 53 mana every 0.33 sec = 159 mana per sec
marohi - 72 mana every 0.59 sec = 122 mana per sec

So the Marohi Erqi setup is consuming less mana.

Damage wise there is no doubt Marohi wins... This also means Marohi will leech more as well.

So all in all, I don't know what you consider disappointing here? I'm guessing the only "disappointment" is looking at your character ground slam slower (while actually it performs more than 20% better).

Ah, didn't put too much thought on the mana cost. So the marohi is still more mana-efficient even though mana cost per cast is higher. Thats good to know. Thanks alot.

1.5k/8.9k is actually only 16~17% ><
That slightly disappointed me because I spent over 10 exalts on the marohi and 10 exalts can be probably be used for other gears/gcp for gems. Ah nevermind, I'll just try to sell of my old mace to make up the losses.
And maybe I was just too used to speed. Used the 1.8aps voidhome from lvl 54~60+ before switching to the 1.49aps mace. I'll try to get used to the marohi :)

I'll rush for wrecking ball node to make sure I benefit more from the massive phy dmg that marohi has. Just a few nodes away.

And another question just to be sure, carcass jack's increased aoe effect does stack with the increased aoe of marohi, right?
Last edited by eddiec93 on Apr 1, 2013, 10:40:50 AM
Carcass would stack normally, yes. Imagine it like adding the Area nodes in the Templar section, same thing.

As for the 16-17% vs 20%+ debate, you have to take into consideration that with the old mace, enemies used to reduce much more of your physical damage than they will with Marohi, because Marohi deals 3x more physical per hit. If monsters were reducing 20% of your physical damage before, they will only reduce 5% now (pulling figures out of my ass here, but that's the principle physical damage works upon). This is why I say 20%+ instead of 16-17% (that's exactly what you get with new DPS / old DPS, 1.17 or so). The DPS tooltip is unable to account for these game mechanics, so you just have to be aware of them.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Marohi = trash - worst investment you ever made my friend. I learnt that the VERY hard way.

Get something like this:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info