[3.14] HoWA CI Jugg – Resurrected, Again. Wild Strike Edition. (Maven & All Maven Battles)

Edit: never mind. I was originally going to say that this build might struggle a bit in ult without max block, but based on people posting about their experiences, this doesn't seem to be the case! Do remember the max block alternative though, if you find yourself struggling in ults for some reason. Max block is a huge thing for tanking tons of trash mobs since they hit you very frequently, but if you're fine without, it's more DPS that way.

"
Jaywilf wrote:
Chose to try this after my inital league start char, gotta say its very fun but I cant tell if im missing something? This is using the budget version.

Reading the guide I dont see where you get the different debuff immunities from. Also this might be because its my first CI build, but it seems quite squishy? moreso than other life based builds i've tired.

Again I may just be missing something, might just be more ES and im good.

Is it Ults you are struggling with in terms of tankiness? Refer to above for a general comment about Ult. The build is sadly not very good at tanking big groups of hard-hitting mobs but does excel at tanking when it comes to bossing. The fix would be to go for block but it would lower your DPS.

Overall, though, the Budget gear is really just the bare minimum for making the build work. You won't see any particularly notable tankiness with it since you will have a relatively low ES pool overall and won't be curse immune etc. The upgrades, however, should really be ones you feel when you start upgrading your gear.

For the immunities...
- Ignite and Shock is from Cyclopean Coil (Belt). Make sure your stats are Int>Str>Dex to get them.
- Curse Immunity is from Atziri's Reflection.
- Corrupted Blood Immunity from a corruption implicit on any of your mandatory jewels (Wildstrike ones). Should not be very expensive.
- Stun and Freeze Immmunity from Jugg ascendancy passives.
- Optional Bleed Immunity from Death's Door but I feel like just having 1 anti-bleed flask is enough.
Last edited by kriell on Apr 30, 2021, 5:00:27 AM
Oop that's disappointing. I wanted to reroll to this after my league start and they both aren't good for Ult. I never end up doing well when I try to level multiple characters. Are you playing another marauder build?
Last edited by Yseviel on Apr 28, 2021, 2:15:50 AM
"
Yseviel wrote:
Oop that's disappointing. I wanted to reroll to this after my league start and they both aren't good for Ult. I never end up doing well when I try to level multiple characters. Are you playing another marauder build?

I've been playing a Templar with max block and Aegis Aurora.

I'm pretty confident the HoWA Jugg would work just fine in Ults with good gear (and possibly max block if nothing else) but I can't test it to confirm it myself this league.
Last edited by kriell on Apr 28, 2021, 2:05:27 PM
Currently playing this build in T16s at lvl 91 and with a long way to go on my gear but doing mostly fine in Ults. It's not as tanky as I would like but you usually just annihilate everything on screen too fast for it to matter once you get decent gear and Tribal Fury anoint
Currently playing the build and enjoying it quite a bit. I'm level 94 with gear that's fairly trash at the moment (with only ~8k ES, but atziri shields being cheap this league due to reliquary is a HUGE blessing) but even so, t16 ults with nasty mods are not a problem at all. Single target dps for the build is obviously very low but it doesn't matter since even with bad gear I'm still ridiculously tanky.

Thanks for the great build guide!
Wild strike has bad single target, but u can use hydrosphere + tribal fury for additional chains to boss or simply molten strike.
Have idea about howa occutist lightning to cold...

Last edited by nocheatsinlife on May 1, 2021, 4:35:41 PM
Your build is really cool, I'm lvl 91 right now with almost 7k ES and clearing maps is a breeze, but I'm really feeling the lack of damage for bosses, even with hydrosphere + tribal fury.
Do you have any suggestions for improving that?
"
mugatu747 wrote:
Currently playing this build in T16s at lvl 91 and with a long way to go on my gear but doing mostly fine in Ults. It's not as tanky as I would like but you usually just annihilate everything on screen too fast for it to matter once you get decent gear and Tribal Fury anoint

"
dethcow wrote:
Currently playing the build and enjoying it quite a bit. I'm level 94 with gear that's fairly trash at the moment (with only ~8k ES, but atziri shields being cheap this league due to reliquary is a HUGE blessing) but even so, t16 ults with nasty mods are not a problem at all. Single target dps for the build is obviously very low but it doesn't matter since even with bad gear I'm still ridiculously tanky.

Thanks for the great build guide!

Good to hear you're having fun with it!

"
Zyrotot wrote:
Your build is really cool, I'm lvl 91 right now with almost 7k ES and clearing maps is a breeze, but I'm really feeling the lack of damage for bosses, even with hydrosphere + tribal fury.
Do you have any suggestions for improving that?

I checked your char out. There sadly isn't any massive jump in damage for the build that would be easy to fix at that point. The bossing DPS is a little lackluster until you get the big lategame upgrades. When playing SC, I like builds where you always have upgrades to grind for, but it's also a bit of a downsidew in this regard...

Basically the biggest damage upgrades are:
- The rare double influenced amulet. This is the biggest upgrade for this build, but also very expensive. Even with just 2 of the mods (int, stats, and damage per int) if it has good rolls otherwise. It's something like 20-40% more over Astramentis depending on the amulet.
- Crit multi jewels. Need double (or triple) crit multi for them to make a notable difference though.
- Watcher's Eye with Lightning Penetration
- One Synth Ring to replace the one that you don't use for Conductivity (and later that one too if you can find one with Conductivity as implicit). Onslaught and % Intelligence.

Bottled Faith is also surprisingly big but helps very little with bosses since your flask uptime isn't going to be that great. Best left for last.
Last edited by kriell on May 6, 2021, 10:28:13 AM
Do you have any solution for single target boss?
Really struggling Maven last phase because take too much time
Thank you
Last edited by johnvans on May 10, 2021, 9:27:22 PM
Can i swap Multistrike for GMP or something else?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info