Hi - Noob Questions :)

Hi all,

Played the beta today having never heard of PoE 4 hours before that..wow.

Enjoyed it much more than the D3 beta..

A few noob questions please;

1)Are there oceanic servers, or plans for such?
2)Is PvP in-game and how do i participate?
3)How do i talk in global chat by default?
4)Will characters from beta be wiped for release?

Thanks guys, community has been amazing so far!
Hi and welcome!

1) last time they were discussed, oceanic servers were noted as being quite costly (ISPs in Australia and NZ, at least, are pretty hefty), but they were discussed. No news lately to my knowledge

2) PvP has been tested over a few weekends lately by way of Cut-Throat league events. Details can be found under the 'leagues' link to the left and under the 'beta status' board, with various Chris-created cut-throat league posts. So far, it's only been tested in short duration bursts, 1.5-3 hour sessions in which full pvp is enabled and you can enter anyone's instance to off 'em. (to enter a different instance, press ctrl-click when you enter a zone; this can be a handy way to reset a zone if you want to 'farm' it too)

3) Shift-enter will put you into global chat automatically. Similarly, ctrl-enter will respond to the last whisper. (I had to learn both of these with word-of-mouth, so don't feel bad for not seeing where it might be posted on here)

4)Yep. That's in the FAQ and is standard practice for most if not all games going from closed beta to open/release.

Welcome again, hope to see you around. :)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on May 6, 2012, 9:54:27 PM
Thanks Charan, much appreciated :)

You're a perfect example of why this community is amazing.

This game is fun, which is refreshing. As are forums that are positive and helpful - loving it!
Aw, thanks. I just look at it this way: this is a sort of home for wayward ARPGers, drawn here for whatever reason. Who doesn't want to feel welcome at home?

...But like all families (even those as loose as this one), there's plenty of squabbling to be had too. ;)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
GGG is based in New Zealand so obviously they would like to have Oceanic servers. Ultimately, it comes down to if the extra servers are worthwhile. We'll just have to see how the game community grows.

Cutthroat leagues have been tested in small events the past few weeks. I think they went very well and the devs got some great feedback on the concept. In the future arena PvP will be added.

Characters will be wiped when the game transitions to Open Beta. The goal for that is around June.
Forum Sheriff
I came here to be helpful but these guys beat me to it. Oh well.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info