Its been about a month since the press release about the funds raised

So its been a month since the press release announcing the funds raised via the supporter backs. Is there going to be an update to let everone know what that total is up to now? Myself and my girlfriend both upgraded our support packs and I think many others have updated or additional people have purchased the packs. So please give us an update.
yeahe would be nice, but i think we will see many upgraders in the last days of the closed beta because it will be the last chance for a Kiwi :)
IGN: kReiZy
Last edited by sYkoDe4d on May 6, 2012, 5:50:56 PM
here goes to the updates => http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/54
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
My personal count of Diamonds is somewhere between 17 and 19, going by the last head count by Chris and who I've found since. The latest actually messaged me just this morning, so clearly it wasn't just a case of people rushing in quickly.

That said, the 'threat' of the fact that you can't go Diamond (or Gold, or Silver, or any of them) after closed beta is a nice incentive to get one's hindquarters moving if one is so inclined.

I'd like to know a more solid figure though.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
On twitter 54 minutes ago it states

large announcements coming in 24 hours
"
Alad wrote:
On twitter 54 minutes ago it states

large announcements coming in 24 hours

Bet is is "0.9.9 delayed for two weeks" ;)

Nah, just kidding.
Above content may contain traces of nonsense.

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
Most companies don't post those kind of figures due to misconceptions with the amount of money being dealt with.

Though I was surprised they posted about the original 200k in funds raised.

I mean if they go and post that they've raised 500,000$ in funds many people who don't understand developement will just assume that you should beable to hire a korean animation team to create act 4 overnight, with that kind of money.

I'm curious myself though, but its their decsision if they want to share those figures since its essentially the amount of pre-purchased points at this time.

I would guess around 350k-400k

Last edited by Neokolzia on May 6, 2012, 7:57:04 PM
I dunno, it's basically an in-house kickstarter with a superior kickback, Neo-K (store credit to the full amount supported). And kickstarters do keep a running tally of how much they've raised.

My estimate is around the same as yours, give or take pizza.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I would guess they're probably around double that number by now, which is great. The more people pay into the game the longer they can afford to fund their staff without selling control of the company before they release to the public.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
I'd say,
if we take the people whom have commented in this thread, we would see a stark comparison to that figure and the contrast with the community at large lol.

In simple terms, there is a pile of calculatable cash in this small thread, If we really needed to, A head count wouldnt be hard lol.
www.tachi203.com : For live streams, gameplay, news of me +(.

It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence. - Mohandas Gandhi

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info