[3.15] Pure Elemental Dancing Duo, currently not updated.

"
Maerkii wrote:
So far within about 3 days I have gotten all of the gear except for the amulet and the rings. All with about 2 exalts as well. My current issue is that I reaaaly dont want to design a tree. Could I get a picture of the passive tree please? Or if there is one, explain to me how to find it? Thanks.

The PoB linked in my post should still work. Otherwise you can check the tree on my character in standard: CurlyWurlyTwistyTurny

"
xemath wrote:
How would you suggest pathing on the current tree for levelling? With such a low total life pool, seems everything is quite stretched out but all looks pretty core at the same time to survivability.

You're absolutely right I should include a levelling tree at some point. I would suggest doing what feels best judging from playing right now. There are some damage nodes you can stay away from until later and grab some more life nodes. One thing I would suggest is not keeping the path leading from ranger to Acrobatics and Wind-dancer for last. You want to get your evasion and dodge high as soon as possible.
how to get onslaught?
You get onslaught from the Dancing Duo, when Rampage triggers you automatically become onslaughted.
I have a question about the convertion we got, we got 4 greens in the gloves converting physical damage to cold - but we also got Avatar of fire?
Why do we convert everything twice?

----

Second question: The links in the chest, i got the same as you - but why are we using smite? What do we gain from it
Really enjoying this build but one question. The survivability seems iffy or I'm just mechanically inept. I think I have every defensive layer in place except for the watchers eye and more Hp and the damage is amazing yet I am getting randomly 1 tapped by who knows what.

So basically I'm asking is this just the way it is or at some point should I feel damn near unkillable?
"
Multijuice wrote:
I have a question about the convertion we got, we got 4 greens in the gloves converting physical damage to cold - but we also got Avatar of fire?
Why do we convert everything twice?

----

Second question: The links in the chest, i got the same as you - but why are we using smite? What do we gain from it

1st question - We don't deal damage, our minions do. Gloves convert minion damage to cold. Avatar of fire converts our damage to fire (so we can proc elemental equilibrium -> -50% cold, -50% lightning +25% fire resist to mobs). Our minions deal lightning and cold damage.

2nd question - Smite provides added lightning damage aura. Also we use it to apply elemental equilibrium. Smite scales AoE from aura AoE nodes, and also gains multiple beams from ancestral call. One hit can proc EE to almost every mob in screen once you have enough AoE.

"
soreserer wrote:
Really enjoying this build but one question. The survivability seems iffy or I'm just mechanically inept. I think I have every defensive layer in place except for the watchers eye and more Hp and the damage is amazing yet I am getting randomly 1 tapped by who knows what.

So basically I'm asking is this just the way it is or at some point should I feel damn near unkillable?

Unfortunately the nature of our defenses leaves us open to occasional one shots. These are in general from (physical) spells while there's a crit modifier on the map. Also you should be weary of dodge chance = unlucky / monsters have additional accuracy.

Also make sure you have a way to blind monsters, either through a redeemer chest on animate guardian with nearby monsters are blinded. Or a ghastly eye jewel with the affix, minions have a chance to blind on hit.
I'm currently leveling this build right now, but I'm a bit lost on what ascendancy nodes to pick up in what order. Should I go Pathfinder > Path of the ranger > Necromancer? Or pick Necromancer first for more damage? Will the damage be good enough to leave it for last? (I don't have uber lab done currently, so it may be a while before I can get Necromancer)
"
Velmelt wrote:
I'm currently leveling this build right now, but I'm a bit lost on what ascendancy nodes to pick up in what order. Should I go Pathfinder > Path of the ranger > Necromancer? Or pick Necromancer first for more damage? Will the damage be good enough to leave it for last? (I don't have uber lab done currently, so it may be a while before I can get Necromancer)

Take Pathfinder -> Path of the Ranger first. You are going to want the defences from Acrobatics quite soon. They're a big part of your defense. Also pathfinder will be great for keeping up rampage because of the generated flask charges for writhin jar. You will do plenty of damage without Necromancer.
Hi, I am new to the Dancing Duo. Is there a niche role that Dancing Duo fulfils, as compared to other more mainstream minions? Using your PoB, if I straight up replace Dancing Duo with another popular minion weapon like Soulwrest for 20 six-link Phantasms, or Queens Escape for 8 six-link Skeletons, they all do more DPS than two Dancing Duos.

I suppose the DDs give you Rampage, are fast af, can slice through mobs without slowing down, and are immortal. But you are sacrificing two to three flask slots, a whole bunch of flask and jewel nodes on the tree, plus a whole lot of minion movespeed investments on gear and jewels, just to sustain the DD mechanic
Last edited by TerenceCSZ on Apr 22, 2021, 9:52:17 PM
"
TerenceCSZ wrote:
Hi, I am new to the Dancing Duo. Is there a niche role that Dancing Duo fulfils, as compared to other more mainstream minions? Using your PoB, if I straight up replace Dancing Duo with another popular minion weapon like Soulwrest for 20 six-link Phantasms, or Queens Escape for 8 six-link Skeletons, they all do more DPS than two Dancing Duos.

I suppose the DDs give you Rampage, are fast af, can slice through mobs without slowing down, and are immortal. But you are sacrificing two to three flask slots, a whole bunch of flask and jewel nodes on the tree, plus a whole lot of minion movespeed investments on gear and jewels, just to sustain the DD mechanic

Dancing Duo has it's own unique gameplay. Sure you can play another minion, but then this isn't a Dancing Duo build anymore. By all means you should experiment with the build and try it with different minions/items. And don't forget to tell me how that goes ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info