Massive RIP to PoE.

Imagine hating on d2 on a poe forum. Poe wouldn't exist without d2 lol. Anyway poe will be fine ofc. Still very much looking forward to the sequel (are we getting that as well this year?). But for anyone that was around during the d2 days a remaster is absolutely huge. Still easily the best ARPG ever made.
Man, I MIGHT try it if I get some of the old gang back together, let's be serious D2R might be a welcome break after a couple of weeks of overdosing on sirusmastersblightabyssbreachmavenholyshitthatstoomuchcontent
Second-class poe gamer
"
Will be jumping over. As much as I love PoE, the performance issue has always frustrated me. One thing I always missed from my Diablo days. If anything I hope D2R just pushes GGG to improve PoE, or make sure PoE2 is a beautifully polished, smooth gameplay experience.

So much this

"
morphling wrote:
Imagine hating on d2 on a poe forum. Poe wouldn't exist without d2 lol. Anyway poe will be fine ofc. Still very much looking forward to the sequel (are we getting that as well this year?). But for anyone that was around during the d2 days a remaster is absolutely huge. Still easily the best ARPG ever made.

And this.
I love Diablo 2 but I'm more likely to buy a supporter pack because of the price point

Both games can coexist and we'll all be fine

Diablo 2 is a solid ARPG. Path of Exile is a solid iteration of the same formula that gives us far more flexibility and build diversity to work from, as well as a clear endgame.
The title is obviously clickbait to draw out all the hardcore PoE fanbvoys, & you know what it succeeded.

if you know nothing aboiut PoE, & visited this thraed, you would think PoE is a religion or worse cult where its member act like cultists.

What these people failed to realised, & Zizaran said in his latest video, was that competition is good.

Christ & GGG has been getting more arrogont & complacent over the years due to PoE success & lack of proper competition.

Once massive playerbase leave PoE for greener pasture, tehy may actually start addressing concern players have shouted for years but fell to deaf eyes.

Last edited by kiadaw on Feb 22, 2021, 6:24:07 AM
Getting hyped about a reworked game that most people here played in their younger years...does this not remind you of anything? WoW classic was the same case. And most people remembered the bad things about it faster than they liked.

Blizzard/activison is running out of ideas. They rework all their old addons from WoW so people keep paying for a actual game that runs dry on content.

I was too young when D2 came on the market, so i never played it. Im not saying the game is bad, but it's another cashgrab from EA version 2.0. And that i dislike.
Last edited by Camatoo on Feb 22, 2021, 5:31:26 AM
Well, D2 was really great. I played it a lot, had a very cool guild, we met in real life and all that stuff. I had three lvl 99 characters and played my ass off, bt still i will never ever touch it again!

Its a old game and some shiny grafic filters wont change anything. I will not even think about that and just stay with poe, wich is giving me all i need and lot of new stuff and content every few months.
Not even getting my attention.

D2 is heavilly outdated today.
In many ways.
"
Camatoo wrote:
Getting hyped about a reworked game that most people here played in their younger years...does this not remind you of anything? WoW classic was the same case. And most people remembered the bad things about it faster than they liked.

Blizzard/activison is running out of ideas. They rework all their old addons from WoW so people keep paying for a actual game that runs dry on content.

I was too young when D2 came on the market, so i never played it. Im not saying the game is bad, but it's another cashgrab from EA version 2.0. And that i dislike.

PoE literally charge you 4x for same MTX with different color at price of D2R...each.

PoE IS TOP 3 searches in google for most expensive MTX!!!

PoE sell assets already in game as MTX for full price of some games, like Maven portal.

GGG create problem, then sell you solution , like all the special tabs.

But Blizzard is the one cashgrab. Sure you can say Blizarrd is another greey game company, but that argument failed when you ignore the greedness of GGG.

Some people here lack self awareness.

I am/had been active in many game forums, Diablo 3, last epoch, Wolcen, Witcher 3, Borderlands etc & none of these forums has the level of cultlike fanboyism seen PoE forum. Not even close.

The only places with more/similar cult like behavior are some hivemind sub-reddit
Last edited by kiadaw on Feb 22, 2021, 6:39:03 AM
"
kiadaw wrote:
"
Camatoo wrote:

PoE literally charge you 4x for same MTX with different color at price of D2R...each.

PoE IS TOP 3 searches in google for most expensive MTX!!!

PoE sell assets already in game as MTX for full price of some games, like Maven portal.

GGG create problem, then sell you solution , like all the special tabs.

But Blizzard is the one cashgrab. Sure you can say Blizarrd is another greey game company, but that argument failed when you ignore the greedness of GGG.

Some people here lack self awareness.

I am/had been active in many game forums, Diablo 3, last epoch, Wolcen, Witcher 3, Borderlands etc & none of these forums has the level of cultlike fanboyism seen PoE forum. Not even close.

The only places with more/similar cult like behavior are some hivemind sub-reddit

D2 getting a fresh coat of paint isn't worth $60. I just looked it up though and it's $40 for the game and $60 for D2R and some Eternal Collection for D3 that I could not care less about. So $40. That's closer to reasonable I suppose for a reskin.

As for POE, all those overpriced MTX are optional (with the exception of stash tabs). The game is otherwise free. You can get all the stash tabs you'll ever need for the full price of another game. The difference with POE and many other games is that you get new content multiple times a year and never have to spend any more money.

Does anyone think D2R will get any new content other than reset of seasons or bug fixes from the game developer?

At $40, it's closer to a price point that I might consider. Then again, I could just simply load up D2 now and play basically the same game. I can enjoy an older game, at least for a while. Hell, a few months ago I loaded up Wasteland and played it -- a game from 1988.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info