Looking for advice for Melee Scion

Hey,

I've recently ran an Arc Witch through the game and now I want a melee Scion.
However, I can't find one which works on low levels. My goal is to play through the 10 acts, with a clear speed similar to the Arc Witch.

Could anyone point me in a general direction? Which gems/skill/links are good? General modifiers I should look at?

She's lvl 38 now and in the Sarn Encampment Act III.
If possible/feasible, I would like some Golems and minions. Do they classidy as "Allies"?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by GawainBS on Feb 16, 2021, 9:55:07 AM
Last bumped on Mar 15, 2021, 1:18:29 PM
Well, I definitely know what NOT recommend: Wild Strike.

I dropped a reasonably-rolled Paradoxica and thought about building around WS, using a lot of flat added elemental damage to try and push it over the edge.

The result is utterly underwhelming. Doesn't feel like I'm hitting for double damage at all, even after I got the Berserker node for +15% damage and rage (which I always try to get topped with Chain Hook + Hydrosphere weapon swap). Worse, even with 6.5k HP, topped elemental defenses AND positive base chaos resist, I still get frequently one shot by random rubbish (not talking about telegraphed boss attacks, but stuff like Legion, Metamorphs and 260 depth Delve encounters).

The only good thing I can say about the character is that, due to the Inquisitor node, I don't need multiple flasks to cure multiple ailments - I have a Sulphur Flask with Hexproof and that alone solves curses AND all elemental ailments, plus gives +100% crit on demand on top of a Diamond Flask.

I compared my build with some solid low-budget POBs from more experienced people and I really can't see where exactly it all went wrong, but oh boy it did. So, keep away from Wild Strike!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info