[3.16] 🔥Oro Cyclone Raider - capping Vaal MS🔥

3.16 gives us a lot of expected changes that will result in a HUGE buff for this build. I am looking forward to easily get 2m DPS and/or significantly ease the process to cap the buffed! Vaal MS.

[17.Nov '21] 3.16 POB: https://pastebin.com/1CQ1SwSD

I will no longer play this exact Build in 3.17 and further. I will release a new Voidforge based build that is better in Damage and clearspeed.
This is my every-league Leaguestarter since the 3.1 Abyss League. I never felt the way to have it polished far enough to post it until now.
Don't expect anything too interesting. It's a brain-dead two button build.

ToDo:
- the journey is over. GGG is not giving the buffs i'd like to see

Pro

+ simple League starter, budget friendly early on
+ easy leveling with frost blades
+ scaling to 1m DPS quickly
+ good T16 zoom zoom
+ high phys red
+ somewhat capped Molten Shell
+ elemental ailment "immune"*

Spoiler
*with the 3.15 nerf you need to distribute 30% chance to Avoid Elemental Ailments across the rare items you purchase. this is NOT reflected in the 3.16 PoB

Con

- no damage mitigation
- chaos res hard to max
- DPS scales bad beyond 1m (at least i have no clue how)
- Molten Shell is self cast
- expensive to min/max because no one is crafting the rares you need
- str stacking for more life and damage (3.16 Mastery)

Gear
Spoiler

On the gloves, look for the added Fire dmg versus Burning Enemies roll and try to corrupt a +1 max Frenzy on it
Best for the Darkrays is to have +2 to Duration Gems corruption
The Amulet can be a decent Talisman as well that boosts Fire damage and Crits. Be sure to have the Frenetic allocation.
On the rares you either have a t1 int or str roll along with t1 life roll and decent resistances.

If you plan to replace the chest, craft yourself a +1curse and +1,5% base crit Triumphant Lamellar chest along with chaos res and as much life/defences as possible. Generally stick to Evasion instead of Armor, but hybrids are worth it.

Flasks and Jewels
Spoiler

Wise Oak gives decent Damage with the Diamond flask, you want to keep both always up.
The Jade Flask of Iron Skin gives you a f***ton of armor, easily being over 50% more due to the massive ammount of increased Evasion we have from Tree and Frenzys that is converted via Iron Reflexes.

Cremator Notable is a huge QoL to avoid Corpse Effects in Maps
The Lethal Pride gives you a HUGHE amount of life. The one linked has 3x 4% maximum Life on allocated Notables along with some nice stuff. It also really kicks in the Strength stacking to be worth

Skill gems
Spoiler

Main Skill
In 3.16, we get Fortify from Skill Tree.
Link Cyc with EDwA, Inspiration, Combustion, Immolate and Inc Crit Dmg

Guard Skill

The Build is tanky as hell and can facetank most T16 bosses. Increased Duration is what matters by far the most. At some point your MS wont deplete unless GGG's shitty balancing kicks in. In some cases this is your main DMG setup

Auras and Buffs

Not much to say here. Damage, crit and hit

CwdT Curse

I really recommend this setup. With BV stacks you can zoom trough the map at the high speed you have and curse everything

Bandits - raid 'em all
Pantheon - Arakaali and Shakari

Ascendancy order - 1.Wot-Poacher 2.Quartz Infusion 3.Aot-Veil (get this asap!) 4.Aot-Slaugther

PoB - Passive Tree https://pastebin.com/1CQ1SwSD

Map mods

CANT RUN
- ele reflect

Be careful
- no life/mana/es regen: you'll have to allocate mana leech near Primeval Force
- less evasion/less armor: your MS is significantly weaker
- dodge/block: dont mix with those above
- Monsters have 400%+ crit chance: you most likely get some 1shots

I hope you enjoyed this guide. I appreciate any feedback.
Last edited by Vanqy on Nov 29, 2021, 3:06:57 PM
Last bumped on Nov 29, 2021, 3:09:15 PM
No. Just no. Your obsession for Oro's can't be healthy, dude!
Why u do dis? Just why?

Hi,

Going to be trying out your build but I could suggest you add in what way one should take Ascendancy class like towards avatar of the veil or go towards avatar of the slaughter first, or if it doesn't matter that's be a sick reply haha thanks again.
"
jimmy6554641 wrote:
Hi,

Going to be trying out your build but I could suggest you add in what way one should take Ascendancy class like towards avatar of the veil or go towards avatar of the slaughter first, or if it doesn't matter that's be a sick reply haha thanks again.

thanks! ive added the ascendancy order to the build. if you have any concerns or need further help reach me out!
"
"
jimmy6554641 wrote:
Hi,

thanks! ive added the ascendancy order to the build. if you have any concerns or need further help reach me out!

Thanks will come back if have anymore questions.
But what are good startig weapons to us before we get the Oro's Sacrifice?
"
Bryce101 wrote:
But what are good startig weapons to us before we get the Oro's Sacrifice?

i apologize for the missing "leveling" section:

in short words, you want to run a phys/cold sword, preferably a 1h sword with shield or dual wield (2h can feel too clunky at low levels aka low attack speed).
the gem setup is simple, you run frost blades with added cold, hypothermia, elemental damage with attacks, close combat or even faster attacks, fortify, inspiration.

it is important to pick whatever scales with attack speed best, because once you did the first lab you should be running 5 frenzies consistently already.

regarding gear, heavily favor armor/eva hybrids with life, str and res.
you definitely want to get decent armor even during leveling without allocating iron flexes. this helps you to tank from early on with a unsupported molten shell.
the most important flask is a anti bleeding flask and of course a quicksilver. if you want to juice up early, get a jade flask of iron skin (+1500 eva, xy% increased armor).
ammu, rings and belt should have life, str, int and res of course. you can favor elemental damage with attacks and %inc cold/fire dmg.

once you reached act 10 (i cant recommend BA farm in 9) join a public party and farm ossuary. once you get 67, you can buy a decent Oro for cheap and start stomping the remaining part of act 10, epilogue and the early maps.

check your gem setup, try to advance your 4l setups first, then start focusing on 5l or 6l cyclone. dont worry too much about your resistances, because 3rd lab gives you avoidance and also endurances can fill the gap to 75%
Last edited by Vanqy on Oct 28, 2021, 6:50:18 AM
how do u keep endurance charges and onslaught up on boss fights, and is how do u get the single target damage up for this build on bosses?
"
Insaneredeye wrote:
how do u keep endurance charges and onslaught up on boss fights, and is how do u get the single target damage up for this build on bosses?

for the endurance charges you can use the enduring cry but i dont have this included anywhere in my PoB because i personally HATE the warcry mechanic.
my typical t16 bossing experience is to pop my flask and vaal MS once i enter the boss arena and pay extra attention for the MS do fully deplete. if the boss is still alive, then you reached the very limit of this build because it basically means that the 10m+ fire dmg you reflected + the reduced fire resistance stuff that your cyc procced isnt enough.

regarding onslaught, yes it will most likely run out if the boss does not spawn adds. view it as an extra juicy for quick delving/mapping/clearspeed
Last edited by Vanqy on Nov 2, 2021, 5:53:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info