[3.13] Raining's Archmage Frost Bomb Hierophant - Over 80mil dps / 2k life-regen MoM

what are the prioritys on the tree as i have a level 72 i could use for this but not sure on the tree? mana then damage nodes?
"
cocomoloco wrote:
"
RainingZ wrote:
I too enjoy a huge AoE :D However, the spell cascades will spread out more when you have a larger AoE, therefore more overlaps on bosses is unlikely. Our AoE is already surprisingly big, I wish I could show you a video, the spell cascade really covers the entire screen (I stand still and spam skills in the middle of Ritual as it covers most of the Ritual area). Mapping is bit clunky mainly due to frost bomb cooldown restriction.

I believe sanctuary of thought is good for archmage builds that use way too much mana per cast (learned this from archmage BV with indigon). Maybe you could find some other skill to increase the mana cost with Indigon, and then cast a frost bomb with insane damage, but you won't be able to use Arcane Cloak (costs way too much mana), and Indigon only resets 4 seconds after, so probably even worse for clear with frost bomb.

yo thanks for the reply! I already started this build yesterday and got it up to level 83 by now. It's insane as expected and tbh the cooldown of frost bomb is not an issue at all. I did get it down to 1.47 seconds with the helmet enchant and 20% on my belt. you can check my gear out in my profile! mana is still a bit low with only ~8.5k though. I compared our PoBs and idk if I missed some important settings, but my damage is about 1/6 of yours lmao which I dont understand tbh. I did switch out wise oak for a mana flask for curse immunity (could get it on my diamond though) and quality of life but I have the missing pen on my watcher's eye. I didnt think 2k mana difference made up so much damage :/ still feels amazing though! thanks for the build!

maybe you got some tips?

edit: oh yea and this build tanks my fps suuuuper hard lol. using celestial mtx obviously

Sorry for the late reply, was done with this league moving on to some other games :p I've tried lower my mana by about 2000 in my PoB, lost around 1-2 Mil dps per frost bomb, so yeah I think you are right, mana is the damage of this build after all :D
oh and yea my low-end PC suffered.
Glad you enjoy the build tho!
"
razlo11 wrote:
what are the prioritys on the tree as i have a level 72 i could use for this but not sure on the tree? mana then damage nodes?

You are correct, prioritize Mana nodes, mana is the DPS and Defence of this build, get the nodes above Witch start (where I have my Intuitive Leap), everything around Agnostic (Unnatural Instinct is insane, good mana nodes around there too), then slowly to the left most part of the tree for second cluster jewel. Hope you enjoy the build :D
yo! I'm here to give you a good feedback about this build. I was boring and upset with my 2 other builds but this one is really nice and I'm having a great and fun time playing with this. I ended up in some situations when taking dmg (mana goes down) and after moving (or move first and dmg later) because of the Arcane Cloak so all together I was dying specially when so many mobs close (ritual) and with low mana wasn't able to cast my Frost Bomb. So I decided to switch my The Wise Oak to Lavianga's Spirit flask. I'm still testing it but so far so good! Thanks for this great build bruh!
Hate to be a barer of bad news, but you can do almost this very same setup but with ball lightning and get like double or triple the real sDPS and not have any of the cooldown hassle. Sorry, just sayin.
"
diwizard wrote:
yo! I'm here to give you a good feedback about this build. I was boring and upset with my 2 other builds but this one is really nice and I'm having a great and fun time playing with this. I ended up in some situations when taking dmg (mana goes down) and after moving (or move first and dmg later) because of the Arcane Cloak so all together I was dying specially when so many mobs close (ritual) and with low mana wasn't able to cast my Frost Bomb. So I decided to switch my The Wise Oak to Lavianga's Spirit flask. I'm still testing it but so far so good! Thanks for this great build bruh!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you are enjoying the build!
Lavianga's Spirit will lower your mana cost to 0, which means your archmage support provides no damage during flask effect, I'm sure it's ok to use during clear just make sure you don't use it during bosses, but if you are really having mana issues, try an instant mana flask instead. To me arcane cloak mana cost stopped being an issue as soon as I tick Dynamo node on tree.
Also, when you have no problem with mana sustain, try out Replica Lavianga's Spirit if you like unique mana flasks it's also quite some damage :D
"
SkylerOG wrote:
Hate to be a barer of bad news, but you can do almost this very same setup but with ball lightning and get like double or triple the real sDPS and not have any of the cooldown hassle. Sorry, just sayin.

No problem :D I'm sure ball lightning is a meta skill for good reasons. Personally I'm not a fan of the skill, it somehow.. lacks the glorious-ness to me.
Yep you are right about Replica and 0 damage. I will switch to a regular one.
I do have Dynamo, my recover is awesome, super fast but when I'm in the middle of a pack and they are hitting me and I move and the skill triggers and consomes a huge portion of my mana and mobs all over (I'm stuck) all this together looks like when I die at that second. I think I'm also getting stunned and the FB doesn't go. Maybe my gameplay is wrong, I was wondering to use a boot with that enchant 80% avoid being stunned, just for testing purpose.

Cheers!
"
diwizard wrote:
Yep you are right about Replica and 0 damage. I will switch to a regular one.
I do have Dynamo, my recover is awesome, super fast but when I'm in the middle of a pack and they are hitting me and I move and the skill triggers and consomes a huge portion of my mana and mobs all over (I'm stuck) all this together looks like when I die at that second. I think I'm also getting stunned and the FB doesn't go. Maybe my gameplay is wrong, I was wondering to use a boot with that enchant 80% avoid being stunned, just for testing purpose.

Cheers!

For stun immunity, Practical Application on tree, Brine King pantheon, Block chance Cinderswallow Urn flask are good all choices.

And I would also recommand not dashing into a group of mobs, even if you successfully cast your spells, frost bombs detonation takes a while, try to take advantage of your AoE and move around the mob pack. Again, not the best mapping skill :D
Hi,

Thank you for the build.
Would like to check what changes you will make in tree for this watcher eye (as I will need 2 aura, clarity/wrath)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info