[3.13] Raining's Archmage Frost Bomb Hierophant - Over 80mil dps / 2k life-regen MoM

This is my first time posting a build, please be kind and point out the issues, let me know if you have questions or suggestions.

Path of Building

About
Spoiler

Pros/Cons
Spoiler
Pros:
+Melts everything
+High life regen
+Cheap to start

Cons:
-Cannot run reflect elemental damage maps
-Cannot run no regen maps without flasks
-Slow mapper or skill gem swap

Skill Mechanics
Spoiler
With Spell Echo and Greater Spell Echo from Pledge of Hands, each cast of Frost Bomb repeats 4 times.
With Awakened Spell Cascade, each cast of Frost Bomb draws a cross with 5 Frost Bombs.
Ideally, we would like to cast the Frost Bomb so that the bosses are covered by a corner of the Awakened Spell Cascade (3 x 4 Frost Bombs), achieving 12 times the DPS. Misplacement or regular Spell Cascade would do 2 x 4 = 8 times the DPS.
Awakened Spell Cascade increases its gap according to the skill AoE, therefore stacking all 5 x 4 Frost Bombs is not possible. (Let me know if I'm wrong here)

A display of my amazing paint skill:

Bosses should be in the RED ZONES for max damage

Passive Tree, Ascendancy, Bandits & Pantheon
Spoiler

Notables
Spoiler
Agnostic: This node gives insane life regen due to our 11k mana pool, this also allows us to sustain Righteous Fire while having 2k life regen.
Mind Over Matter: We do not take this notable on tree, however get it from Cloak of Defiance, don't forget to take the node if you want to wear a shaper influenced MoM body armor.
Supreme Ego: This node should be opt-out for further min-max, where a level 1 Clarity could be run for 10% more Mind Over Matter from Watcher's Eye, a level 1 Precision could be run for more crit chance, a max level Zealotry could be run on a second Essence Worm when you get enough resistance else where.

Ascendancy
Spoiler
Divine Guidance - Conviction of Power - Arcane Blessing - Illuminated Devotion

Bandits
Spoiler
Kill All

Pantheon
Spoiler
Soul of Lunaris - Soul of Garukhan

Gem Links
Spoiler

Main Hand (Pledge of Hands): Frost Bomb - Archmage - Awakened Spell Echo - Awakened Spell Cascade - Less Duration - Awakened Controlled Destruction
Frost Bomb could be gem swapped for Vaal Storm Call for mapping and no cooldown
Feel like you have too much damage but the cooldown is too long? Try swapping Awakened Controlled Destruction for Second Wind (get a white socket for experimenting :D)

Ring (Essence Worm): Wrath

Body Armor: Orb of Storm - Awakened Hextouch - Conductivity - Culling Strike - Elemental Weakness

Boots: Flame Dash - Arcane Cloak - Second Wind - Arcane Surge

Gloves: Vaal Righteous Fire - Enhance - Empower - Divergent Righteous Fire
21/20 Divergent Vaal Righteous Fire if you have the money :D

Helmet: Wave of Conviction - Arcanist Brand X Sigil of Power X Portal

A few free slots for Clarity and Precision eventually, or gem leveling.

Gears
Spoiler

My gears on PoB are no where close to min-max'ed. Here are the gears you should look for:
Main Hand: Pledge of Hands

Body Armor: Cloak of Defiance

Amulet: Atziri's Foible or Rare Amulet with good life/mana/resistance/attribute, Anoint Heart of Thunder

Ring 1: Essence Worm

Ring 2: Rare Ring with good life/mana/resistance/attribute, possibly curse on hit, or another Essence Worm for running Zealotry

Helmet: Rare Helmet with good life/mana/resistance, lab enchant "Frost Bomb has 30% increased cooldown recovery rate" will make it feel much smoother to clear with Frost Bomb

Gloves: Rare Gloves with good life/mana/resistance/attribute, spell damage, critical strike chance against shocked enemies, unnerve

Boots: Rare Boots with movement speed, good life/mana/resistance/attribute, try to get "70% increased mana regeneration rate if you've cast a spell recently" from uber lab

Belt: Rare Belt with good life/mana/resistance/attribute, try to get "increased mana recovery rate" from influenced belts

Rare Jewels: Look for Life, Mana, Global Critical Strike Multiplier. It's important to have an Abyssal Jewel with "Adds # to # Fire Damage to Spells" for ignite which boosts your damage through Cinderswallow Urn

Large Cluster Jewels: Scintillating Idea (Mana, Lightning Pen), Vengeful Commander (Aura Effect), Widespread Distruction (A placeholder node we will not take on the tree, but needs to be there in the middle of an 8 passive cluster jewel for us to save 2 points)

Unique Jewels: Watcher's Eye with Wrath, and Clarity for upgrade
Unnatural Instinct
Transcendent Flesh
Intuitive Leap
You could also utilize Healthy Mind for more mana at the cost of life

Flasks:Diamond Flask Damage and budget
Quicksilver Flask Movement speed is the best defence
Cinderswallow Urn Personally using stun avoidance and movement speed for safety and clear. Crit chance could be used for more damage
The Wise Oak Great when all uncapped elemental resistances are the same, or make sure your lightning resistance is the highest when you use it
Rumi's Concoction Good block chance on top of the ones we already have
Bottled Faith Damage but $$$
Enduring Mana Flask could be used but not necessary
Get Freeze/Bleed/Curse immune if possible

Mapping & Bossing
Spoiler

Clearing
Spoiler
Frost Bomb cooldown restricts the clear speed, the helmet enchant and second wind support could be used to drastically improve the clear.
Swapping Frost Bomb for Storm Call will lower our DPS by A LOT, but more than enough to clear t16 rares. Try it out if you have damage and want no cooldown during map clears.

Bossing
Spoiler
For maximum damage, here's the rotation of skills used for bossing:
Sigil of Power
Orb of Storm
Wave of Conviction (linked with Arcanist Brand, spam a few if you want)
Frost Bomb to charge Sigil of Power
Vaal Righteous Fire (regular Righteous Fire is always ON)
All Flasks
Arcane Cloak (personally mapped to mouse left button)

Lastly when the boss is up, cast Frost Bomb so 3 out of 5 Spell Cascade overlaps on the boss.

But seriously, A9 Sirus insta-phase when I do Orb of Storm and Frost Bomb. Most map bosses melts to a single Frost Bomb cast with no setups.

Last bumped on Oct 14, 2021, 6:01:43 PM
hi mate. nice guide. can you post some videos or something? :D
bought some gear to try your build.i got builds that clear fast but wanted a bosser like your build that melts everything.
"
hi mate. nice guide. can you post some videos or something? :D

I've taken this build apart to make some other meme builds, and my PC might not be able to handle recording. Sorry about that. Hope you enjoy the build tho :D
nooooo :( ok mate.good luck. ill post how the build works
how cheap is cheap to start? and is there any advice for leveling or just take an old Templar and do it lol
"
razlo11 wrote:
how cheap is cheap to start? and is there any advice for leveling or just take an old Templar and do it lol

Most of the core items are unique and very affordable nowadays (Cloak of Defiance, Essence Worm and Atziri's Foible add up to around 30c), 6l Pledge of Hands is around 3ex, no other 6l is required, and other rare items could be really cheap at a couple chaos a piece with lower tier life/mana/res.

I'm not good at leveling, I leveled this build as an archmage blade vortex, and don't think it's great for leveling. If you want to go on archmage early, leveling with Arcane Cloak, self cast Arcmage Arc (Lifespirgs and 6l on tabula or corrupted 6l), and Mind over Matter should be fine.
Last edited by RainingZ on Feb 12, 2021, 2:13:50 AM
man, is it at all possible to work in sactuary of thought? I know, 50% less mana cost of skills is suuuuper bad, but the aoe increase is so insane it would make mapping a lot smoother I imagine. plus more overlaps on bosses?

maybe the total mana cost can be increased otherwise somehow?
ign: PhrozenFlame
Last edited by cocomoloco on Feb 12, 2021, 6:42:53 AM
"
cocomoloco wrote:
man, is it at all possible to work in sactuary of thought? I know, 50% less mana cost of skills is suuuuper bad, but the aoe increase is so insane it would make mapping a lot smoother I imagine. plus more overlaps on bosses?

maybe the total mana cost can be increased otherwise somehow?

I too enjoy a huge AoE :D However, the spell cascades will spread out more when you have a larger AoE, therefore more overlaps on bosses is unlikely. Our AoE is already surprisingly big, I wish I could show you a video, the spell cascade really covers the entire screen (I stand still and spam skills in the middle of Ritual as it covers most of the Ritual area). Mapping is bit clunky mainly due to frost bomb cooldown restriction.

I believe sanctuary of thought is good for archmage builds that use way too much mana per cast (learned this from archmage BV with indigon). Maybe you could find some other skill to increase the mana cost with Indigon, and then cast a frost bomb with insane damage, but you won't be able to use Arcane Cloak (costs way too much mana), and Indigon only resets 4 seconds after, so probably even worse for clear with frost bomb.
"
RainingZ wrote:
I too enjoy a huge AoE :D However, the spell cascades will spread out more when you have a larger AoE, therefore more overlaps on bosses is unlikely. Our AoE is already surprisingly big, I wish I could show you a video, the spell cascade really covers the entire screen (I stand still and spam skills in the middle of Ritual as it covers most of the Ritual area). Mapping is bit clunky mainly due to frost bomb cooldown restriction.

I believe sanctuary of thought is good for archmage builds that use way too much mana per cast (learned this from archmage BV with indigon). Maybe you could find some other skill to increase the mana cost with Indigon, and then cast a frost bomb with insane damage, but you won't be able to use Arcane Cloak (costs way too much mana), and Indigon only resets 4 seconds after, so probably even worse for clear with frost bomb.

yo thanks for the reply! I already started this build yesterday and got it up to level 83 by now. It's insane as expected and tbh the cooldown of frost bomb is not an issue at all. I did get it down to 1.47 seconds with the helmet enchant and 20% on my belt. you can check my gear out in my profile! mana is still a bit low with only ~8.5k though. I compared our PoBs and idk if I missed some important settings, but my damage is about 1/6 of yours lmao which I dont understand tbh. I did switch out wise oak for a mana flask for curse immunity (could get it on my diamond though) and quality of life but I have the missing pen on my watcher's eye. I didnt think 2k mana difference made up so much damage :/ still feels amazing though! thanks for the build!

maybe you got some tips?

edit: oh yea and this build tanks my fps suuuuper hard lol. using celestial mtx obviously
ign: PhrozenFlame
Last edited by cocomoloco on Feb 13, 2021, 3:09:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info