Multiboxing and the Chewbacca Offense

lol
Last edited by Kissell13 on Apr 1, 2013, 2:19:43 PM
"
Deceptionist wrote:
Respond to my post, Scrotie.
"
Deceptionist wrote:
What inflates the economy? A small group of people that take everything in the economy and gain control over the prices by offering their own wealth per trade, which is a godsend compared to the wealth of those who do not wish to partake in shady procedures.
Where did you learn economics? Glenn Beck? Nazi Germany?

Inflation is caused by the creation of currency faster than it is destroyed. In the real world, the responsible party is usually the government -- not a sinister cabal of counterfeiters. In an in-game economy, things are no different: it's usually caused by a policy on the part of the game designers, not a sinister cabal of multiboxers.

Actually, let me stop there for a second. Calling them multiboxers is heinously misleading; there is not very much multiboxing going on. They're botters. That's the proper term for someone with an AFK program that tells a PoE character to run around and open lots of treasure chests.

Okay, back. The point is, whenever you see inflation, you should look to the government's policies, not to rogue elements. And what are the government's policies on the fine contennt of Wraeclast?
  • Vendor formulas to amass large numbers of mid-tier currencies
  • Map system with mods so imbalanced that people are using Exalts on them
This is your monster, you paranoid lunatic. It's not the Jews controlling the currency. It's homegrown, systematic, and part of something normal players are doing every fucking day. That's exactly how it's so fucking big.

Do counterfeiters cause problems in real life? Sure. Do botters cause problems in game economies? Absolutely. But on the scale you imagine? Never. Blaming them for all your problems is the narrowest, cheapest, and oldest trick of non-thinkers throughout all of history. Don't blame ourselves -- blame the other, the mysterious. Xenophobia as denial. The Chewbacca Offense.

Stop blaming things that are statistically insignificant, and start blaming the vendor formula and the map system.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 1, 2013, 5:08:21 PM
Know what else doesn't make sense? Copying a lame and stale show's millennia-old joke instead of just presenting your point.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
But on the scale you imagine? Never. Blaming them for all your problems is the narrowest, cheapest, and oldest trick of non-thinkers throughout all of history. Don't blame ourselves -- blame the other, the mysterious. Xenophobia as denial. The Chewbacca Offense.

Stop blaming things that exist in statistically insignificant numbers, and start blaming the vendor formula and the map system.

And that's a very fine, and well-written assessment, Scrotie. The part where you think I'm paranoid and provoking the Chewbacca Offense, that's where you misunderstand my mere curiosity in the eventfulness of multi-boxing (or botting, as you say) and how it ALSO can create a massive influx of currencies that these people HOARD, then INFLATE prices by paying much more than anyone else can.

Scrotie, let's stop calling me paranoid for now, and stop saying "That is unimaginable because I said so.", and look at multi-boxing for a moment in curiosity, in reason and in logical progression -- we have to take a look at it, because right now everytime multi-boxing is brought up, it's not being dismissed in a reasonable, calm and logical manner, it's being dismissed in a way that reminds me of several things, such as a little girl going up to her parents about being touched in the wrong area, and the parents are unable to burden the weight of this, so they turn the other cheek; or the politicans and the presidents or soon-to-be-president, whenever you mention ONE negative thing about them, you're instantly silence, demonized, out-casted, et cetera. I have every reason to believe that there is an ulterior motive behind multi-boxing, and I am willing to break down this suspicion of mine until I am wrong, or others are wrong -- what matters not is righteousness, what matters is insightfulness.
You will never see a man faking anger, passion and relentless behavior.

You will always see a man faking love, politeness and respectful behavior.
Last edited by Deceptionist on Apr 1, 2013, 5:16:38 PM
*Head explodes*
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 1, 2013, 9:09:33 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

And your accusatory presence never ceases to amaze me. Go on, keep implying paranoia, while you imply the same accusatory role upon yourself, Scrotie.

You're backfiring paranoia so hard, that you completely eluded my carefully written assessment that was typed up specifically to get a discussion going, but apparently you are so far up your delusion's asshole to consider anything I'm writing in this thread -- after I have already elaborated on my intentions and how I am asking a reasonable question out of reasonable suspicion; I do have questions and statements to back up my curiosity, while you have done nothing except jump to another entirely irrelevant axis, say "THIS IS MY LAND", started talking about irrelevent stuff that eludes every point I have given you reasonably, and then I'm the one that is paranoid and/or delusional? You're the one who can't string along a sentence without posting worthless gifs, and one-sided arguments that are equivalent to "God exists... because I said so.", as if NOBODY has already ripped every bodily function out answering that age-old question already.

I'm telling on you: "I pray to my generated illusion mc fuck face that you return from your sinning!"

Oh? You ask what paranoia? The worse paranoia of all! You have a paranoia that everyone else that you don't agree with is paranoid or *insert defect here*.
You will never see a man faking anger, passion and relentless behavior.

You will always see a man faking love, politeness and respectful behavior.
Last edited by Deceptionist on Apr 3, 2013, 10:02:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info