how much does a new stash tab cost?

Stash tabs can indirectly increase your wealth by the value of the time difference saved while switching accounts... that's extremely trivial.

Also all research points to pot being substantially less destructive than tobacco.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
lol its not pay to win at all. having more stash is 'extra' imo, you dont need it at all to enjoy the game. And anyway they need to find some way to get money because you cant host a game without paying your bills, which a lot of people dont seem to understand. having 9000 character i an extra, and having 9000 stash page is extra. Theres already 4 page of stash...

anyway.. cheapo :D

i gave them money and im happy with it, i hope they continue to make a great game and i will give more to help them :))
"
difancer wrote:
lol its not pay to win at all. having more stash is 'extra' imo, you dont need it at all to enjoy the game. And anyway they need to find some way to get money because you cant host a game without paying your bills, which a lot of people dont seem to understand. having 9000 character i an extra, and having 9000 stash page is extra. Theres already 4 page of stash...

i gave them money and im happy with it, i hope they continue to make a great game and i will give more to help them :))

Where exactly did I say it wasn't worth it or that they were charging to much or anything?

But, it's definitely power. I won't bother to outline why, yet again.

It's clearly an amount of power that people accept. Which is fine, but I mean, be honest with yourself. If a vanity pet carrying one item is "power", then having room for like 30-40 extra items is power.

I'll give them money and I've be happy with it too. *shrug*
itsalljustagame.wordpress.com - my blog about all things gaming - Current project - "Communal effort" - Game design by popular vote!
Only benefit of more stash tabs is to hold my amassed amount of yellows for recipes.

it isn't Heavily Pay to win, to a very minor extent
"
difancer wrote:

I believe you and many other people are confused about the definition of pay to win. It's not, "oh, the advantage is almost nonexistent, therefore it's not pay-to-win." That's like saying paying money to start with an extra queen in Chess is pay-to-win, but starting with an extra pawn is not.

There is a recipe that gives you a regal orb for 3 rares with the same name. If you play a lot and have a bazillion stash tabs, you can save every rare item you get. After a while, when you go through every rare item name several times, you'll start getting a regal orb every 3 rares, on average.

This is possible to do with multiple accounts, but the time investment difference compared to using stash tabs is immense. The fact is that this slightly crosses the pay-to-win line.
"
Silty wrote:
This is possible to do with multiple accounts, but the time investment difference compared to using stash tabs is immense.

How long does it realistically take you to fill 4 large stash tabs with worthwhile stuff? About 40 hours of gameplay?

You wait until you fill all 4 large default tabs and then you spend 3-5 minutes transferring it to a new mule account, effectively giving you 4 more stash tabs on your main account.

I would hardly consider spending 3-5 minutes for every 40 hours of gameplay to be a large time investment. Yes, it is valid to say that people are able to pay to save themselves some time, but the time savings are extremely minimal.

It's also probably worth pointing out that many games that are not considered pay2win allow you to pay for extra storage space. World of Warcraft only gives you a limited amount of inventory spaces. If you want more storage, you'll need to buy another copy of the game and pay for another subscription. The same applies to Diablo 3 and any other game that costs money but does not provide infinite storage. With Path of Exile, infinite storage doesn't cost a penny.
I've still got the basic 4. I'm surprisingly picky with my loot.

So while I don't think extra stash tabs in a game where you can make extra accounts for free is pay-to-win, I do think it's pay-to-be-lazy-and-hoard-shit. :)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Try finding an item you know you left in one of 20 stash tabs.
See how much time that saves you... :p
what i don't get - is if D3 is pay to win, what are you winning?

the RMAH is only in softcore pve, which is noncompetitive, there is not even a ladder.

so what exactly are you paying to win?
Last edited by digibucc on May 5, 2012, 8:51:23 AM
"
digibucc wrote:
what i don't get - is if D3 is pay to win, what are you winning?

the RMAH is only in softcore pve, which is noncompetitive, there is not even a ladder.

so what exactly are you paying to win?

The arena?
Disregard witches, aquire currency.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info