how much does a new stash tab cost?

just curious.
Alma 48:17
17 Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men.
30 points, or $3.00 USD
itsalljustagame.wordpress.com - my blog about all things gaming - Current project - "Communal effort" - Game design by popular vote!
"
AgentDave wrote:
30 points, or $3.00 USD

And how this is not pay-2-win but an RMAH is ?

more stash space seems to be giving you an advantage in-game does it not ? Farm faster, dont have to make difficult decisions on what items to throw away, easier to twink new chars or keep some items in storage for the time you get more orbs to make them better.

Not that I am against it but just noticing the weird logic of some arguments in these forums.
What exactly are you winning here? It's a commodity, not power. Unless you're a hoarder you're not gonna be needing many tabs.

And if you want to know the reason GGG decided to sell additional Character Slots and Stash Tabs was because they knew players would create new accounts to get them anyways. You are not gonna be banned if you do it, at least I don't think so.
"
aaricia wrote:
"
AgentDave wrote:
30 points, or $3.00 USD

And how this is not pay-2-win but an RMAH is ?

more stash space seems to be giving you an advantage in-game does it not ? Farm faster, dont have to make difficult decisions on what items to throw away, easier to twink new chars or keep some items in storage for the time you get more orbs to make them better.

Not that I am against it but just noticing the weird logic of some arguments in these forums.

It does not increase your inventory size. It increases the amount of items you can store in your stash that is located in town, so it doesn't really allow you to farm faster. We also need to keep in mind that accounts are free, so people can always just make an additional account for additional long term storage. I do agree that this is a borderline case that flirts with the idea of pay to win, but I don't think it crosses any lines.

Contrast that to the RMAH where you can drop $100 to get one of the best weapons in the game.

I think the differences are clear.
Nah, it's definitely pay-2-win, just to a lesser extent.

People are just paradoxical. A little is ok, a lot is not. Smoking is ok, Pot is not. Speeding 5 miles over is ok, 15 is not. Stealing is bad (unless you're stealing from a greedy corporation, then it's ok.).
itsalljustagame.wordpress.com - my blog about all things gaming - Current project - "Communal effort" - Game design by popular vote!
Last edited by zeto on May 4, 2012, 9:55:29 PM
"
AgentDave wrote:
Nah, it's definitely pay-2-win

It certainly does not directly impact your ability to win. Being able to buy a good weapon like in Diablo 3 does directly impact your ability to win.

The biggest argument against additional stash tabs is that it provides a convenience that might save you 1 minute a month, and that minute could otherwise be spent killing a handful of monsters. While the game is in its infancy, I think people who pay for stash tabs (and use them) probably actually end up losing time because it encourages them to be packrats and store stuff that likely should be sold or never picked up to begin with.
"
xxnoob wrote:

Of course it is.

More room to hold more gear sets (For example, a cold resist set for Hailrake, a fire resist set, a lightning resist set, a HP set, a max DPS set, a partying set, and so on.), more orb stacks, more rares to match, more twink gear, more stuff to trade, more stuff to sell, more stuff that maybe someday you're upgrade.

A proposal to let the vanity pets carry 1 small item ("Space") was flamed as selling power. So, it's ok for you to be able to have a 30x30 space (or whatever it is) but not for a pet to carry one set of gloves? Yeah. Whatever.

Unless you're my wife, I don't appreciate being told "fuck you", by the way.
Last edited by zeto on May 4, 2012, 9:55:41 PM
There are plenty of threads discussing the pros and cons of a RMAH as well as the concept of pay-to-win relating to stash tabs. There's no need to bring the same discussion into another thread via a tangent.

The OP already got his answer here.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info