Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

"
mr2easy wrote:
Stronger ele weak lasts for full duration or does it get overwritten by the ring one?

GGG refused to answer this, I'll eventually figure out a way to test this properly and will get back to ya then.

"
tho3mas wrote:
ok, have you maybe a tip for me how can i level 97 or 98 safe ? maybe delv ?

my POB https://pastebin.com/9hWHkZkK

and what for map mods are to dangerouse for this build ?

As the other guy mentioned, Chayula Rotas. If you really dont mind it taking long, Delve is a good option too. Most map mods are dangerous, No Regen/Ele Reflect are the only ones I bother to avoid though

"
ThomasHawl wrote:
Level with Chayula's rotas, best way imho.
OP, what do you think about going full cold conversion?

I recommend against it. Deep delvers do conversion for the freeze and then they have to stack aura effect stuff and ring corrupts to make up for the lost DPS. We don't have any need to freeze since everything dies fast anyway. Do not use Call of the Brotherhood rings, especially when youre giving up curse on hit and +2 power charges

"
Hey man, just letting you know the premium helmet in the gearing section is a little bit off. You mention the lightning to spell roll from hunter with fossils, but give the elevated rolls value.

(Maybe)worth mentioning shaper has the same mod with different other influenced stuff you could get when awakener-orbing them together

Fantastic guide, great read, i'm looking forward to playing brands again this league

I just fixed up the lightning mod tier and added some additional sections to it including the mana reserve option. I don't include the info about the shaper helm because you need to start with an enchanted base and enchanted hubris circlets are almost never influenced, nor is there a way to apply shaper influence.

"
mefistofx wrote:
I just start leveling new character to check the potential in this buiild. At this moment I struggle with some mana issues, got Wrath and Zealotry with Precision lvl 1 and Enlighten lvl 3. My unreserved mana is equal to 83... Any tips how to deal with this? :D

Ditch level 1 Precision. I added new parts to the helmet section under gearing, including the option to run a redeemer mana reserve base instead of lightning damage. Enlighten lvl 4 + 5% reduced mana reservation will make your issues go away.
"
Fyregrass wrote:

Ditch level 1 Precision. I added new parts to the helmet section under gearing, including the option to run a redeemer mana reserve base instead of lightning damage. Enlighten lvl 4 + 5% reduced mana reservation will make your issues go away.

Will do, thanks

Tomorrow I'm going to buy cluster jewels, as I checked it's better to craft gloves with unnerve with culling strike instead of the medium cluster? Then I will be able to get 5x MCJ with Brand Loyalty and Grand Design.

Also my pick for LCJ is Vengeful Commander + Widespread Destruction + Storm Drinker

I got this helmet and ring now, my next step will be playing with crit jewels, then ring with some resists management
Last edited by mefistofx on Feb 6, 2021, 10:39:34 PM
Fyregrass, why you use elemental of weakness in ring and gem in the second weapon ?
is one not enought ?

and can we use Replica Headhunter Leather Belt ? or is normal headhunter much better ?

Last edited by tho3mas on Feb 7, 2021, 1:11:19 AM
Did the belt section disappear? I was looking at it last night but can't find it now.
Loving the build. Quick question - why are we paying for widespread destruction on the large clusters if not using it?
I am a bit disappointed in the 100% delirium. Is poison abuse the only way to run them? I hoped that with brands it wasn't the case.
I've been playing around with this spec for a bit now and the weaknesses I've found have revolved around:

1) Proximity shields - need to flame dash into the bubble to get kills, but pretty much a guaranteed death when combined with undying allies rare mod

2) "Guaranteed" hits - mobs that have phasing/flicker type attacks (i.e. the carrion golem type enemies in delve) will hit you as they can't be off-screened or targeted before they appear. At a deep enough delve I found myself having to just sprint/dodge past these mobs.

3) Bosses with phases

To be fair I'm still in the midrange of the build running just alch & vaal T15/16's so I don't have the highest EHP, but I'm foreseeing these issues scaling into juiced T16's. If anyone has tips on mitigating these problems, I'm definitely interested in hearing about how!
"
Avocadoe wrote:
I've been playing around with this spec for a bit now and the weaknesses I've found have revolved around:

1) Proximity shields - need to flame dash into the bubble to get kills, but pretty much a guaranteed death when combined with undying allies rare mod

2) "Guaranteed" hits - mobs that have phasing/flicker type attacks (i.e. the carrion golem type enemies in delve) will hit you as they can't be off-screened or targeted before they appear. At a deep enough delve I found myself having to just sprint/dodge past these mobs.

3) Bosses with phases

To be fair I'm still in the midrange of the build running just alch & vaal T15/16's so I don't have the highest EHP, but I'm foreseeing these issues scaling into juiced T16's. If anyone has tips on mitigating these problems, I'm definitely interested in hearing about how!

Hi, I can see that your gear is similar to my at this moment. To be honest I struggle a lot with simple map bosses and metamorph.

Also portal with cast on death can be so annoying when portal is located in a group of mobs with something you mentioned, flicker etc..

At this moment I'm kinda disappointed how much currency I spend. Don't know if there is something I'm doing wrong but I don't have enough damage and time to cast Wave on Conviction as I will be dead instantly. Don't know if spell totem support will be good with this setup
Last edited by mefistofx on Feb 7, 2021, 12:16:23 PM
is this possible to play this build on SSF?
"
mefistofx wrote:
"
Avocadoe wrote:

3) Bosses with phases

Hi, I can see that your gear is similar to my at this moment. To be honest I struggle a lot with simple map bosses and metamorph.

Also portal with cast on death can be so annoying when portal is located in a group of mobs with something you mentioned, flicker etc..

At this moment I'm kinda disappointed how much currency I spend. Don't know if there is something I'm doing wrong but I don't have enough damage and time to cast Wave on Conviction as I will be dead instantly. Don't know if spell totem support will be good with this setup

Send me your PoB on discord and I will assist you. In this game, characters have two ways of staying alive; killing everything quickly, or being tanky enough to tank fatal hits, whenever a character exists that fulfils neither, it’s gonna feel bad. I can almost guarantee you that more damage will fix the problem, if you give me a look at your PoB, I will show you the cheapest way to fix it.

"
ThomasHawl wrote:
I am a bit disappointed in the 100% delirium. Is poison abuse the only way to run them? I hoped that with brands it wasn't the case.

It’s not necessary at all, as stated in the guide, it’s only giving us 10% more damage. Most of the reason we run it is because it buffs our explosions by more than 10% and makes the clear a lot nicer whilst also giving us tons of movement speed.

If you don’t like it, don’t do it. I ran my first 50-60 deli maps this league without it, but as you can understand, in an attempt to make the most comprehensive guide possible, I must advise the BEST set up, and poison shenanigans are too strong to pass up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info