[3.13] Peak life Necromancer -- 12k life, 7k+ regen/sec, delete everything

Had an unused lvl 84 witch lying around and some money to spend, so I thought what the hell and gave this a try yesterday.

After sinking some 20 ex into it... I'm sorry to say I'm not impressed.
I mean, sure, all my support gems are lvl 12 or so right now, so the dmg should still go up quite a bit. But still, I have all the main requirements, lvl 30 zombies, 1000 strength, a six link. I was imagining dmg to be way different.

Even died two times in the two tier 14 maps I tried. Cause even with 8500 life, if the dmg is mediocre, stuff still lives long enough to kill you.

And I wasn't expecting fantastic clear but at least single target should be really good, right? Well, sadly, it's not.
Last edited by Ulrira on Mar 3, 2021, 2:28:38 AM
"
Ulrira wrote:
Had an unused lvl 84 witch lying around and some money to spend, so I thought what the hell and gave this a try yesterday.

I mean, sure, all my support gems are lvl 12 or so right now, so the dmg should still go up quite a bit. But still, I have all the main requirements, lvl 30 zombies, 1000 strength, a six link. I was imagining dmg to be way different.

Even died two times in the two tier 14 maps I tried. Cause even with 8500 life, if the dmg is mediocre, stuff still lives long enough to kill you.

And I wasn't expecting fantastic clear but at least single target should be really good, right? Well, sadly, it's not.

Hello, just a couple of suggestions.

1) Buy some 20/20 support gems and auras
2) Drop Vitality and switch over to a Maim setup
3) Start using the Glorious Vanity jewel
4) Check to OP about flasks, a bunch of "Blood of the Karui's" make a huge difference in survival (I use three).
5) I also don't see you using many jewels. Because you already have 1K strength and your resistances capped, I would look for ones with '7% increased life', Minion Damage and Minion Attack Speed.
6) If you are not using 'Kingmaker' on your AG, get one ASAP

For 2 & 3 check out the excellent Lemabelle posts on what is needed for these changes
"
Skua99 wrote:

1) Buy some 20/20 support gems and auras
2) Drop Vitality and switch over to a Maim setup
3) Start using the Glorious Vanity jewel
4) Check to OP about flasks, a bunch of "Blood of the Karui's" make a huge difference in survival (I use three).
5) I also don't see you using many jewels. Because you already have 1K strength and your resistances capped, I would look for ones with '7% increased life', Minion Damage and Minion Attack Speed.
6) If you are not using 'Kingmaker' on your AG, get one ASAP

Pretty much all of this is needed. I'm not sure about those Karui flasks though. Can you stack the recovery bonuses? I've never even tried. It seems to me, you're better defensively using the other flasks for immunities.

For other flasks, I'm using quicksilver with freeze immune. Speed is an amazing defense, and why not map faster, yeah? Freeze can be instant death at the wrong time. Basalt with bleed immune. The physical damage reduction is a great boon and bleeds can be dangerous... not just corrupted blood (which I have a jewel with corrupted immunity for). Bismuth with curse immune. Resistance bonus means I can be capped on resistances no what happens, even if I've made a ring swap to handle phys reflect. Curses are just terrible all around. Quartz flask with poison immune. The dodge is nice, but it's the phasing that's important. A source of phasing is a requirement for any build IMO. Poisons can really hurt on some fights, so best to have a way to deal with them. I'm missing ignite immune and shock immune. Now that I think about, trading poison immune for shock immune might be a better move. Shock can be rippy at the wrong times and heavy poison is only a factor in a few fights where a flask swap could be made if needed.

Bottled Faith is a good flask for a DPS option. 2% crit + 10% dps boost over a wide area, with some regen as a bonus from consecrated ground.

"
Ulrira wrote:

Those support gem levels are very important to.

What kind of DPS where you expecting? The original build has PoB and you can see the per Zombie dps there. X10 that for dps and you know what to expect for dps. If I remember right, it was about 2.5M. I've got about 40ex of gear on and PoB has me pegged at 3.26M dps. I know it's actually around 3.5M dps realistically with intimidate and feeding frenzy going. I think you're unlikely to break 4M without some significant alterations to the build (cluster jewels, switching to bow+quiver, Saqawal's Nest, Aul's Uprising amulet, and using the extra links for more auras). I don't know what the top end is for a Baron Zombies build in general. With some big changes, I expect 6-8M is on the table. I've seen some people will use the 6L chest to add skeletons to the build for a whole other source of damage, and that can likely break 8M, but I'd rather get more auras going and maximize the zombies personally. That's just guessing though, I still have more research to do on where to go next.

Overleech from Glorious Vanity (Ahuana) cluster jewel is a huge boost to survivability. Definitely make that change if you're dying much.

The niche this build fits in is a kindof relaxed, tanky, low-stress build that handles bosses well and can get through most of the game's content in a way that forgives a lot of mistakes. Since the minions do the work on bosses, you can just focus on the mechanics of the fight and positioning. It doesn't take a huge investment to start with, but can finish strong.
Last edited by Lemabelle on Mar 3, 2021, 11:24:09 AM
How to get 100% impale chance on zombies with minimum investment?
"
Lemabelle wrote:

Pretty much all of this is needed. I'm not sure about those Karui flasks though. Can you stack the recovery bonuses? I've never even tried. It seems to me, you're better defensively using the other flasks for immunities.

Multiple Kurui flasks do not stack if one uses them at the same time.

"

The base build will get you to the low 70's chance to impale.

If you add an Awakened Generosity you get a few more %'s.

To get much more you have to switch to a cluster jewel setup and use Rotten Claws. Two rotten claws would get you into the mid to high 90's for chance to impale.
"
Ulrira wrote:

You will definately feel the damage scaling up as your gems level. Clear speed is mediocre to slow but I feel single target damage is at least "good" (4-5mil with my gear).

I also found that the build felt squishy, even though I had over 10k life with insane regen using Femurs of the Saints, sometimes I would still die.

I dropped Kaom's Heart for a rare (Belly of the Beast is good too) and picked up Mistress of Sacrifice from the tree and invested in some block nodes with Bone Offering. I'm using self-cast Vulnerability, this helps direct minions to attack specific monsters + extra damage.

I lost about 2k life (8.8k currently) switching from Kaom's, but with block the build feels infinitely more tanky. Since we have high health pools and good regen, I went with Glancing Blows just to smooth out the damage intake. I'm almost 95 and haven't died in the past 3 levels (when I switched to block).

I run T14-T16 corrupted with 4 sextants, scarabs and frags. Map bosses die pretty quickly but again, clear is a bit slow. I've done Maven 10 boss and Sirius deathless too.

Aside from my weapon all my gear is dirt cheap rares, so I think you'll like the build more once you get some gem levels.
Last edited by parabolicity on Mar 3, 2021, 12:33:25 PM
"
"

To get much more you have to switch to a cluster jewel setup and use Rotten Claws. Two rotten claws would get you into the mid to high 90's for chance to impale.

Does bannerman notable increase chance to impale from dread banner?
"
"
"

Does bannerman notable increase chance to impale from dread banner?

yes but the increase is very small.

you can get an Aanomalous Impale Support. That will add 10% chance to impale extra.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Mar 3, 2021, 1:04:35 PM
I did some more shopping to prepare for maps.

This group was not cheap but not crazy expensive either. I can improve most of these if I get more currency if some of my expensive stuff sells.

This group gives me capped ele resists, some chaos resist, and the strength gets me to over 1200 when I finish leveling to mid 90's.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Mar 3, 2021, 2:49:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info