Texture Streaming in Echoes of the Atlas

I play on:
MAC OS
1,3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
16 GB DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M395 2 GB

Game was playable on HEIST versions before 3.13. with some lags on rituals / and other massive creature load zones which often costed me life, time and XP. So stats went down.
But now... I cant pick renderer. Effects and textures are broken. Load time 1-2 minutes. No environmental effects in hideout.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xiehvqs4iculb9w/PoE-screenshot-0001.png?dl=0

changing options, clearing cache, reinstalling doesn't help.

Please, find solution.
Dear Chris

Thank you for your explanation. I thought about it. Appears to be a case of 'the cure is worse than the disease'.

Regards
Last edited by SeeleVonMensch on Feb 1, 2021, 9:41:05 AM
At level 97 at ssf A8 having done Sirus and many other endgame fights, I'm still missing Elreon's -mana cost crafts, and I have been doing Jun missions regularly at regions that boosts betrayal mechanics. Finding them and having to unveil them both are terrible mechanic. At least with the old master missions, I would have unlocked all crafts by now. Why are syndicate specific unveil not given the utmost priority if they have not been unlocked?? I killed multiple Elreons, not a single -mana cost unveil.
Last edited by Atashin on Feb 1, 2021, 4:37:01 PM
Switching to VULKAN fixed all my issues but i do have high end PC.
"
Midiz wrote:

I also did this switch and all the lag is gone!! Yes texture still take some time to laod, but at least now i'm able to play the game again.

And NO i do not have a high end PC...

i7 3370k
16gig DDR3... yes 3 not 4
GTX 970
PoE is installed on a SSD
"
Killersoul wrote:
"
Midiz wrote:

I also did this switch and all the lag is gone!! Yes texture still take some time to laod, but at least now i'm able to play the game again.

And NO i do not have a high end PC...

i7 3370k
16gig DDR3... yes 3 not 4
GTX 970
PoE is installed on a SSD

Glad to hear! Vulkan in the past ran horrible on PoE but i think its way better than dx11 now.

:D
Every time I go into a new area I have to wait a few seconds for everything to load, otherwise if I just start running and killing things, the game will just crash. I have the completely unfounded feeling that it's the game filling some kind of streaming queue.
Also, before this, the game would take a few seconds to load when I first spawned in the city, but then every area would be ready when I went to it. Now after every teleport I take, I have to wait a few seconds because of the previous reason. It feels like the game is refusing to cache things once they are loaded for the first time. I spawn in the city, it's blurry. I teleport to the hideout, it's blurry. I go into a map, it's blurry. I go back to the hideout, it's blurry again. I go into the same map, it's blurry, again.
My stutters and lags have gotten worse this league vs the last league I played, that being Harvest league..

I have a good computer:

i9-9900k
32GB DDR4 Ram @ 3200 MHz
2080 Super

and my PoE is intalled on a m.2 SSD
The texture streaming has kind of helped but Idk why it's so much worse now then it was back in Harvest..
gj GGG BUT masters should be much more common and more often spawn in maps!

like make MUCH bigger chance for wild master and WAY more chance for atlas mission pls!

also keep ban bots!
Affliction master craft service Affliction My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Affliction veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Affliction SC master craft service Affliction SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Affliction craft PM: TreeOfDead
Windows Defender REal Time Scan on?
Anti-Virus real time scan running?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info