[3.14] Immune and Tanky: CI Soulrend/Bane Occultist [Starter, Cheap, End-Game Viable, SSF, HC]

"
Tarekis wrote:

hello, i just following your guide, im love the tankyness and the easily play of this build

but i got problem that my damage is not good enough, at no regen map and at ultimatum red map t12++ i got die beacuse the mob stuck to much, what is your tooltips damage for the soulrend? i got only about 200k-ish

very helpful if you can check my profile
Hey dude, this is awesome! been sticking to Vortex OCC recently but going to give this a try in 3.15 if patch note gods favour us. Keep updated!
Considering this as my 3.15 League starter. Are there any updated videos yet?
"
pensionne wrote:
"
Tarekis wrote:

hello, i just following your guide, im love the tankyness and the easily play of this build

but i got problem that my damage is not good enough, at no regen map and at ultimatum red map t12++ i got die beacuse the mob stuck to much, what is your tooltips damage for the soulrend? i got only about 200k-ish

very helpful if you can check my profile

The tooltip of Soulrend doesn't really tell a lot about the damage it actually does to my latest knowledge.

I checked your character real quick and I noticed three things that probably are at least part of the reason your character does not work too well.

1. Your wand does not have a spell damage modifier, that's a must, the CDoT mult is also pretty important, and seeing you have anough currency to buy other expensive stuff that should be a higher priority. E.g. equipping the one I have on my character "IHateChostShrouds" gives you +13.6% total damage, and that's a whole lot.
2. You do have some very nice awakened gems, but you have level 20 gems that you should upgrade to 21/20's before you move on to awakened, it's a huge boost to damage.
3. Your helmet is not exactly bad, but it doesn't do a whole lot good. You have to focus so much on resistances on other items because of it, on which you could have other useful mods. Also not sure if the mod on it cancels out CI, but if it does this breaks the character. In case you randomly die immediately this is the cause very likely.
4. If you have enough currency to buy a Watcher's Eye and the like, I recommend going the path that leads to the other bunch of cluster jewels, it's more costly but it does improve your character quite a bit. Be sure to have enough currency to buy all things as you have to do the transition in one go.

Still hope you have fun playing the build and wish you all well :)
"
_Citizen_ wrote:
Hey dude, this is awesome! been sticking to Vortex OCC recently but going to give this a try in 3.15 if patch note gods favour us. Keep updated!

Will try to update once I can, hope you have fun if yo do decide to try it :)

"
Considering this as my 3.15 League starter. Are there any updated videos yet?

I'm afraid not, and I do have very limited free time so I'm not really planning to do them either.
Thank you so much for your build. I love the soulrend skill especially with cats MTX :) but found it difficult to scale. I am excited to try this and understand now how you scale it.

What a wonderful build guide and great POB layout making it easy for me. As a noob I dont understand what is protecting you aginst the self poison mechanic from the unique shield.

Does CI also protect you from poison?
How does poison help fast start your ES regen?

Thanks again and sorry if the questions sound dumb. Have a wonderful weekend.
"
mastermacros wrote:
Thank you so much for your build. I love the soulrend skill especially with cats MTX :) but found it difficult to scale. I am excited to try this and understand now how you scale it.

What a wonderful build guide and great POB layout making it easy for me. As a noob I dont understand what is protecting you aginst the self poison mechanic from the unique shield.

Thank you for the praise, happy you like it :)

CI does protect you from poison as poison damage is chaos damage, which you are immunte to due to CI, thus you get just the benefits from self-poisoning.

The poison does not improve the recharge delay, it increases your maximum ele resistances, the faster charge comes from a mod on the shield itself.
"
Tarekis wrote:
"
mastermacros wrote:

Thank you for the praise, happy you like it :)

CI does protect you from poison as poison damage is chaos damage, which you are immunte to due to CI, thus you get just the benefits from self-poisoning.

The poison does not improve the recharge delay, it increases your maximum ele resistances, the faster charge comes from a mod on the shield itself.

Thank you for your quick response. Appreciate it.
Have a great week.

Have to wait for full Gem reveal and patch notes but the new Chaos Skill looks interesting.
Might start with this build and switch to the new skill once I go CI depending on how Exsanguiante gest away in patch notes.
I wanted to play with Soulrend for a while now. I chose to do it now, thanks for the build i'll take as a base as i +/- never played chaos skills (only Poison Arrow a LONG time ago when i played HC once) nor did i ever do a single character using ES instead of life. And this despite playing since closed beta, here and there. Too attached to the marauder most of the time ^^. A lot of new things there to discover o/.
The freeze issue is a new one to me i wasn't aware for instance. I knew for the stun but ascendancy takes care of it, but for some reason freeze wasn't in my mind, and with the flask nerf, damn is it needed to have an immunity somewhere. Even on life builds now i'm not sure how is it going. Freeze is probably the most dangerous with stun. 1 second immunity (on flasks) is really short.

Anyway, thanks again, and if i've anything useful to ask or say, i'll be sure to do so there.
I'm planning to play "PSF" (party self found), normally i play SSF but initiated a friend to the game. I'll see how it goes. Damages planned in PoB were quite low (i like to put everything to the bare minimum to see the numbers that way, landed on 200k Shaper/Sirus dps) but i still wanted to play it, and see how it goes anyway.

I'll probably use either Discipline or Malevolence until i've an Enlighten gem leveled up. Might switch Arcane Surge on Flame Dash to have it lvl 10 instead or 6 (1x bane) at the end with gem lvl 20 (that's a bit less than 2x flame dash). Not sure for the chaos golem, but never used meat shield support so maybe that's a good one, i'll sure try and see. Always nice to have diversion like a Decoy totem, etc.

Finally a good reason too to finally take that great skill effect for soulrend on my wishlist for a while now (and currently on sale)👀.

Edit:
Any reason why you're not using Shield charge as a movement skill? It'd allow us to get a free fortify too, and might be fast enough (Shield Charge + Faster Attacks + Fortify). You can relatively easily offcolor with jewellers starting with 2 sockets of the colors wanted crafted, and then going back and forth 3s / 2s until the right color is hit. On a 4l it'll be a bit more expansive as 4s cost 10 jewellers, 3s is only 3 and 2s is 1. But yh the nerf "of Adrenaline" + charges recovery being so slow is quite annoying :x.
What i said about Arcane surge on Flame Dash might be obsolete with the next mana cost update. Might put it back lvl 4-6 (depending of the new cost) on Bane.
And i might also update the CwDT setup to add either Phase Run or Cold Snap. Both seems like nice options. But since flame dash is still nice to tp here and there, might need to get a slot somewhere, which would probably be in place of Minion Life, or as weapon swap (same for portal).

Edit 2:
I was checking the cluster jewels. I never really play with them are they need way too much investment in it and never saw it useful in my melee builds (+ hard in SSF), here it might be good. But is it me or they nerfed them? On PoeDB i don't see any DoTM on medium cluster jewels anymore.

Edit 3:
Beaten Sirus for the 1st time (2nd attempt to this boss fight), forgot to remove the watchstones even so it was in A6, right after leveling up 95. If anyone wants the state of my character at the moment i did it, here's a PoB. Didn't really use any movement skill for the boss fight (except flame dash in the corridor), just moving was enough, no Wicked Ward, i went Ghost Reaver and i prefer it overall. Too used to leech i guess. Swapped GMP for Culling Strike, was the only thing i thought about without having a white socket instead to put anything better.

Edit 4:
Transitioned to cluster jewels (current PoB). Cost me 9ex for the Enlighten 4 required, and a few more (something like 3 iirc) for the 5 clusters jewels (though i got lucky for the price of 2 of them). I currently have 10k+ es, it looks pretty solid. Unspeakable Gifts is as planned a pure gift. But yeah, to bump the single target dps now is beyond my current budget. Until i eventually gather several dozens of exalts i guess. Basically full +1 level of all chaos/spell/int gems wherever possible and Empower 4 for bosses instead of GMP, and all Awakened gems ideally also vaaled +1. It's funny to switch from SSF to trade league with these kind of goals. In SSF you already pray to get a 21/20 of your main skill and you're already happy with it. Totally different dimension.
Little edit: Did Sirus A8 (PoB). Two deaths though. Both in phase 3, too far when he did his laser (was offscreen). You really need to try to be on top of him at every moment of the fight to dodge easily. Especially with a fight that lasts 10 times more than it should.
Last edited by Harest on Aug 22, 2021, 9:10:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info