[3.14] Immune and Tanky: CI Soulrend/Bane Occultist [Starter, Cheap, End-Game Viable, SSF, HC]

Thank you for sharing such a beast of a build.
"
TheSunTzu wrote:

Thanks a lot, means a lot to me you hold it to such high regards :D
"
Tarekis wrote:
"
TheSunTzu wrote:

Thanks a lot, means a lot to me you hold it to such high regards :D

I having a blast playing you build man. It feel so good to ignored most of the CC in the game, I really like how you combined those mechanics together.

I like your forum too you, you explain everything easy to understand.

I usually don't leave a comments on forum but since I read all of your stuff, so I want to let you know that someone like your work. Keep it up man.
So I play something similar, just using Soulrend, it feels good + one button play.
I decided to get more max resists, so have 80 all and 79 chaos. Went with 3 endurance charges, but thought to, maybe, go for 5. Took ailment circle, near mom, to not feel so bad, at least ignites. I also went extra mile to get 2 golems, one for regen, one for phys reduction, then stretched that dex to put on Perfect Form, for arctic armour.......

Basically, I am one shot mostly, none of those matter or have any feel of any defenses at all...WTF.

So am I missing something or all of that is wasted and I should simply get as much life, as I can, maybe it will allow me to survive those one shots at least on occasion ...? So confused and frustrated, thought it's going to be at least somewhat decent, but like 0, none, nada, nilch, zeronimo...
This is a pastebin pretty much my end build https://pastebin.com/15qDb8Zs not a lot of changes left to make except the very expensive ones . still dont know what annoinment is better on amulet, a defence or a damage based one .

Flasks are the same as the build guide .

Build has problems with porcupines and single target damage(Boss) but as far as clearing on 1 party character ,it clears the screen before i enter , so i need to have a bit more of physical res defence and increase the damage a bit more

Next check list is finish all pantheon upgrades and try to get somehow some more - mana reserved on jewels or items .

Thanks for the build , i will try to improve it and save some currency to level it to 100

Last edited by Rick_ASAnchez on Feb 15, 2021, 9:54:03 AM
"
So I play something similar, just using Soulrend, it feels good + one button play.
I decided to get more max resists, so have 80 all and 79 chaos. Went with 3 endurance charges, but thought to, maybe, go for 5. Took ailment circle, near mom, to not feel so bad, at least ignites. I also went extra mile to get 2 golems, one for regen, one for phys reduction, then stretched that dex to put on Perfect Form, for arctic armour.......

Basically, I am one shot mostly, none of those matter or have any feel of any defenses at all...WTF.

So am I missing something or all of that is wasted and I should simply get as much life, as I can, maybe it will allow me to survive those one shots at least on occasion ...? So confused and frustrated, thought it's going to be at least somewhat decent, but like 0, none, nada, nilch, zeronimo...

I mean your defensive setup is entirely different than this build, so just by a quick at your characters it's hard to tell you much, but I think you're playing Pain Attunement without a Shavronne's Wrapping? That means any chaos damage kills you.
Chaos damage damages your life, not your energy shield, if you want to play Energy Shield, you either get CI (ignore it, have no life), or you get PA and Shavronne's Wrappings, nothing else works AFAIK.
And you're also playing a hybrid build on an Occultist, which is usually either a CI or PA Shav's kind of ascendancy, if you want to play a hybrid you probably want to play Inquisitor, it's incredibly strong this league, also hybrid doesn't work with PA so your build just kind of plain doesn't work I think.
"
Rick_ASAnchez wrote:
This is a pastebin pretty much my end build https://pastebin.com/15qDb8Zs not a lot of changes left to make except the very expensive ones . still dont know what annoinment is better on amulet, a defence or a damage based one .

Flasks are the same as the build guide .

Build has problems with porcupines and single target damage(Boss) but as far as clearing on 1 party character ,it clears the screen before i enter , so i need to have a bit more of physical res defence and increase the damage a bit more

Next check list is finish all pantheon upgrades and try to get somehow some more - mana reserved on jewels or items .

Thanks for the build , i will try to improve it and save some currency to level it to 100

Nice, looks pretty much like I imagined the double cluster-jewel setup to look like optimized, interesting choice with the Anointed Flesh :) It's BTW worthwile to consider taking medium cluster jewel CDOT small nodes for +4% DotMult, or Transcendent Mind as well, just as quick mentions.
For anointment I recommend Tranquility, I think it should also be anointed in the PoB, best damage boost you can get, you could also anoint Foresight for example, and use those skill points to get something else maybe.

Yea physical damage is annoying sometimes, but TBH if you play flaskpiano while clearing, it's not a problem, at least I never had any, not in the most packed T16 or anywhere. Bosses are grindy in some places, you're right, as already mentioned :x

Happy you enjoy it, hope it brings you some joy leveling to 100 :D
Last edited by Tarekis on Feb 15, 2021, 11:40:22 AM
"
Tarekis wrote:
"

Basically, I am one .........
And you're also playing a hybrid build on an Occultist, which is usually either a CI or PA Shav's kind of ascendancy, if you want to play a hybrid you probably want to play Inquisitor, it's incredibly strong this league, also hybrid doesn't work with PA so your build just kind of plain doesn't work I think.

It's not Pain Attunement, it's Corrupted Soul and I use belt to leach ES. Chaos damage is fine, I am capped and can take it, but usually in general, any damage doesn't hold up, even elemental, when I have 80 max resist, that's what got me off...I'll probably just ditch the char, since I think I broke it and too much work to re-work everything anyways. Another lost "build", nothing new :D Maybe will try something out towards end of the league.
Last edited by ShoveMoneyDeeper on Feb 15, 2021, 12:20:54 PM
As i have Crown of the Inward Eye Prophet Crown with soulrend enchant( one of the items i was planing to get ) , i think i will anoint either corruption or faith of steel , as with the theme of the build , i will go probably go for faith of steel as it is defensive , at the moment i have
Sanctum of Thought for that reduction on critical stikes ,
Transcendent Mind Cobalt Jewel is too expensive at the moment , but i if it helps the build , i will obviously need to get it
Last edited by Rick_ASAnchez on Feb 17, 2021, 8:34:59 AM
"
"
Tarekis wrote:
"

Basically, I am one .........

It's not Pain Attunement, it's Corrupted Soul and I use belt to leach ES. Chaos damage is fine, I am capped and can take it, but usually in general, any damage doesn't hold up, even elemental, when I have 80 max resist, that's what got me off...I'll probably just ditch the char, since I think I broke it and too much work to re-work everything anyways. Another lost "build", nothing new :D Maybe will try something out towards end of the league.

Ah, you're right, the official Tree doesn't show it, had to import into PoB from your characters to see it. Yeah I don't know, it seems janky to me, you seem to have 3k life, and 1.5k ES which is reaaaaally low if you're not stacking block or doge, so your EHP is just low I think. You can always try this build, it's tanky ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info