Interaction of lightning arrow+chain+point blank

If I were to shoot a lightning arrow with chain support gem on it and as well as having the point blank keystone, how would the damage effectiveness of point blank be measured? I read that besides the first target, if a projectile were to chain to an enemy right new to the one it just hit, the point blank area would start from the enemy it had just hit, giving it maximum effectiveness towards the next enemy right next to it. How would it respond to lightning arrow? When the aoe effect hits the enemies, is the point blank effectiveness area based on the enemy of initial hit or still the character?
I believe currently there is some strange unintended interaction that makes point blank always count from where the shot was fired, so the chained projectile will do bonus/less damage relative to where you fired the initial shot and not where it was chained from.

I might be wrong about this, it's just how I heard it.
i too fas fo youuuuuuu
"
Duskbane wrote:
I believe currently there is some strange unintended interaction that makes point blank always count from where the shot was fired, so the chained projectile will do bonus/less damage relative to where you fired the initial shot and not where it was chained from.

I might be wrong about this, it's just how I heard it.

That's what I heard as well. My other question however, is the aoe effect when lightning arrow hits a target and the nearby enemies. Lets say I shoot a lightning arrow at a group of enemies. The initial hit will have the point blank area based on my character position. But what about the aoe effect that hits the enemies next to the initial one? Is the point blank area still based on my character position or is it now based on the enemy's position?
Point black calculates the 50% extra damage relative to where the arrow chained from.
The first hit goes off where you are, then the rest goes off where the arrow is relative to the place where it chained.
IGN: TsuruyaNyro
"
Point black calculates the 50% extra damage relative to where the arrow chained from.
The first hit goes off where you are, then the rest goes off where the arrow is relative to the place where it chained.

As of now, I understand the chain concept. However, my other question is the aoe effect from lightning arrow. Does aoe damage have point blank considered from the character or the enemy?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info